Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo - First ALEKS Completed
So as some of you may recall I bit off Aleks Intro To Stats as my first stab at getting (re)started on my degree (TESC BSBA in Comp. Info. Sys.)

Well just took an ALEKS eval and I finally hit 72%. It took me longer than anticipated but holy cow am happy to get 3 credits under my belt.

So if I recall there was a thread somewhere on how to get that off to TESC via ACE...let me go dig...

Smiling!

Simon
Great job Simon!!!! Are you going to be taking anymore Aleks courses?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Simon,

Congratulations! cheersmate

Since you are a business student, if interested and while stats is fresh in your mind, knock out business stats for three upper level credits (OPM351).

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
@alleycat - I'm thinking about hitting the intermediate algebra, that should go MUCH faster than stats

@bricabrac - I thought TESC only let you use one of the stats from ALEKS...at least that is what I thought I read on some other threads...I guess I should give an adviser a call...

Simon
nyrsimon Wrote:@bricabrac - I thought TESC only let you use one of the stats from ALEKS...at least that is what I thought I read on some other threads...I guess I should give an adviser a call...

Simon

Simon,

Only business students are able to use both STA201 and OPM351.

BTW for BSBA, precalculus is also a requirement (I think you might be able to use trig as a substitute but confirm with advising). You can use intermed algebra and college algebra to fill gen ed requirements.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Simon,

Only business students are able to use both STA201 and OPM351.

BTW for BSBA, precalculus is also a requirement (I think you might be able to use trig as a substitute but confirm with advising). You can use intermed algebra and college algebra to fill gen ed requirements.

Ah..thanks for the clarification....much appreciated!

Simon
Good job! I just finished this one, too, so I know it is a lot of work. That is great that you can go for 6 Stats credits.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Congrats! It was a lot of work for me as well but very rewarding.
You need to sign up at www2.acenet.edu, pay the 35 dollars or whatever it is, then request that the course is added to your ace transcript via the online system. You will have to just find aleks in the list of course providers and choose intro to stats. Once you do that, you wait till aleks.com responds (about 48 hrs max) and the course shows up on the transcript. At that point you are done with aleks intro to stats and can move on to business stats. If you had taken notes you should be able to roll through business stats pretty quickly.

Sending your ace transcript to tesc is pretty simple too. Its all done on the ace site but I would hold off for a bit and sign up for straighterline business comm, accounting I & II since those are needed for a BSBA as well. Congrats again!
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Actually straighterline can send your course info directly to TESC without going to ACE. I got mine sent into ACE just so that its in one place but had straighterline send the grades to TESC directly.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Well done Simon, Aleks stats was almost my downfall. I think I spent about 120 hours on it.

If you are going to do another Aleks make sure this one is listed on your ACE transcript before you start another, Follow the directions above.

Do not have them send your transcript to TESC until you have taken all the Aleks courses you plan. Then you will only have to pay the transcript charge once and they are pretty quick in sending it out. Just give TESC lots of time to add it to your evaluation.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,158 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  finishing ALEKS? a2jc4life 2 1,007 07-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  TESU BSBA completed- a few tips thornoak 3 1,382 06-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science (Math/ALEKS) question AwardTour 7 2,358 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  What is the fastest degree that can be completed at COSC? CountChocula 3 3,550 02-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Math 105 on ALEKS for TESU BALS degree CarpeDiem8 17 2,473 06-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  What aleks courses for tesu credits requirement Driel 20 3,741 05-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Driel
  ALEKS Stats and duplication at COSC BrandeX 5 1,307 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can Certificates be completed with PLA? mccatm 5 1,134 04-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about taking courses for a second bachelors before the first is completed Notgodot 2 741 03-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Notgodot