Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work-from-home Ideas
taylor Wrote:You hit it on the nose. Same thing can be said about you. Are you guys twins???

You're too nice Smile Thank you!!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Thank you for the ideas! Copyediting may be up my alley, so I'm looking into that to start, then researching a couple of the others. We've cut our expenses about as far as we're comfortable, but there's still a small gap I need to fill.

And honestly, speaking non-financially, I want to work even if we could swing the finances to eliminate one of our incomes entirely. While my husband's job is secure as far as he can tell, businesses have made random decisions before and would not want our household to be in dire straights if someone made a decision outside his control. Likewise, while I pray it never comes to pass, if he were in an accident or an unexpected health event happened, I would not want to need to explain a large employment gap, in addition to dealing with re-familiarizing myself with workplace practices while learning to care for him (or, God-forbid, grieving) just to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads. We both feel it is more responsible for us to remain a two-household income, regardless of the feasibility of eliminating one. Our goal is to put both of us in positions to earn our "minimum sustainability" amount - hence why I am pursuing the MAcc and CPA route to finish my end of the game plan - so when things are good we have double what we need to squirrel away and/or play with, and if something unforeseen happens, our household will keep on trucking if we ever had to get by on just one.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
jamesfry Wrote:Well any one tried adsense? i have 3 website running and from each am earning 20$ daily...Smile

I need to do this. I haven't updated my website in about 1.5 years, but the information that is on it is worth $800-$5,000 (depending which agent) if you took it in a training format, which would require flying to FL, renting a hotel room, food, probably taking off work, etc. I know my blogs on all of this get tons of hits. I initially posted a lot when I first injured my knee, because I was so mad about seeing women being taken advantage of by the agents, and then trying to charge so much for training on top of that! Now though, I certainly could use a little bit of profit for all the free information I've posted. $25 would still be enough to pay for an exam proctor for some places...
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
This is not for everybody - but my elder son has established a good sideline as a writer - he's got most of his jobs via one internet agency. He's been doing this for a couple of years, now. It started slowly, he tells me - but it's good, consistent money these days, maybe $1,000 a month. Apparently, the best bet is to cut your teeth on the peanuts-paying jobs and deliver the goods, thereby establishing a good reputation.

He's a daytime teacher, night-time writer; he has a wife and there are a couple of boys who call him Dad - so he's pretty busy. He's had some, well, less-than-exciting assignments - e.g. numerous descriptions of watches for one seller (but he was grateful for the work, which paid very well!) interspersed with some fantastic ones - I remember him enthusiastically compiling a list and reviews of the best Blues albums of all time -- and getting money for it!

Writing is what he went to college for - and teaching was his ultimate ambition. He works very hard, but it helps that he gets to do what he really loves - in both jobs.

Johann
nleamons Wrote:Is there any subject that you might like to blog about? If you use advertising, you can make a little side money. From my research, I would estimate a year before you receive a good supplemental income.

I wanted to thank you for this suggestion. I have had an informational website for years, but never really considered ads. I'm going to give it a try and we'll see how it goes. Thanks again!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,069 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,103 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Video of Airbnb Guest Refusing to Leave Woman's Home. The Drama Gets Real! LevelUP 4 1,841 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 869 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Great Resignation - Better Balance of Life & Work? bjcheung77 5 979 01-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?! bjcheung77 4 1,204 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Vonne
  @Home - Free Learning Resources bjcheung77 2 1,146 02-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE (for now) Ashampoo Home Designer 5 bjcheung77 2 1,134 07-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: JWells247
  College degree required to work at a factory? sanantone 1 1,430 12-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Last Post: CatsDomino
Big Grin Promotion at work, thanks DegreeForum! jsd 11 2,675 12-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Life_One