Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing for XAMK
If you've signed up for XAMK and suddenly discovered that you're expected to write one or more referenced essays/projects (like me), you're probably wondering what referencing style XAMK uses. APA? MLA? Actually, they use their own style, one based on Harvard! Not all XAMK courses will tell you this, unfortunately. Some instructors will provide you with a PDF that explains how it works and others do not. The style guide for references can be found here: https://libguides.xamk.fi/c.php?g=692278
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, k-k-k-katy, Pikachu
(10-19-2021, 06:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you've signed up for XAMK and suddenly discovered that you're expected to write one or more referenced essays/projects (like me), you're probably wondering what referencing style XAMK uses. APA? MLA? Actually, they use their own style, one based on Harvard! Not all XAMK courses will tell you this, unfortunately. Some instructors will provide you with a PDF that explains how it works and others do not. The style guide for references can be found here: https://libguides.xamk.fi/c.php?g=692278

The style they are using is actually pretty standard for universities in Europe! I would bookmark it, since if you end up taking classes elsewhere (other Finnish uni's or elsewhere) this guide will serve you well. I had not even heard the words MLA and APA until I started taking US-based classes ^^' outside of the sciences (numbered referencing) either this Harvard-style variation is typically used. Sometimes Chicago/Turabian.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sarahmac's post:
  • rachel83az
Interesting! As far as I'm aware, most colleges/universities in the US want APA, MLA, or one other that I forget the name of. But it's not Harvard. Nor the one that XAMK allows for some of its engineering courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,093 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  XAMK access to Peppi issues wow 4 1,298 08-10-2022, 09:33 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is XAMK Learn down? wow 5 1,132 12-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Information University of Cambridge - Diploma in Creative Writing (Online & Only £2k GBP!) nomaduser 4 3,305 12-21-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: nomaduser