Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XAMK
(05-09-2021, 08:38 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 02:10 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: So here are how the game credits are transferred in. For the neuroscience one they want a syllabus so until then it'll be zero credits (sadface)

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

I read the entire thread and wow! Congrats for getting it done!! Did they all transfer in as free electives?  And I may be late to the acronym party, but who is WES?
WES is World Education Services. They are who people with foreign degrees/credits go through to get them evaluated. They all did come in as free electives except one which I have to give them a syllabus. Once that happens I will update.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • cwendy111, Pikachu
(05-09-2021, 08:55 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:38 PM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 02:10 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: So here are how the game credits are transferred in. For the neuroscience one they want a syllabus so until then it'll be zero credits (sadface)

I read the entire thread and wow! Congrats for getting it done!! Did they all transfer in as free electives?  And I may be late to the acronym party, but who is WES?
WES is World Education Services. They are who people with foreign degrees/credits go through to get them evaluated. They all did come in as free electives except one which I have to give them a syllabus. Once that happens I will update.

Awesome news! Thanks for being a pioneer in all this. How did you find the Gaming courses? What are they like? I wanted to have my teenager start taking courses other than General Education to break up the monotony in something he is actually interested in. And FREE is def in my budget!
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
I've only done a few classes in the free certificate but they're pretty fun. XAMK has a bunch of other free courses available throughout the year, too. If you haven't already seen it, check out https://www.xamk.fi/en/openstudies/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, Pikachu
Yeah, I started checking it all out. This is all for my teen son, but I may partake in a course or two myself. Oddly, when I clicked on the Cambridge Game Academy link, it let him right into the courses immediately with just a name and email. But when I used the XAMK registration link, it required more information and I just got an email saying it will take a few days. I was worried that without the XAMK registration, we cant get the college credits, so we signed up both ways to be safe. (Different email addresses) I don't know, lol. I started the modules just to get an idea of how they were and they seem pretty seamless so far. You sure are a wealth of information. Thanks!!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 1 user Likes cwendy111's post:
  • Pikachu
I would be very interested in hearing how you think the health care XAMK courses compare to whatever you had to take at WGU. Smile
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
The BSN is 90% theory of nursing vs clinical applications. In the BSN, we had 2 clinical learning courses, Care of the Older Adult and Health Assessment, you can maybe stretch Nutrition for Health Professionals as a clinical based course. The MSN 2 more, a Pathopharm course and Advanced Health Assessment. Neither required a clinical and of the 5 courses, 3 were OA (test outs).

The Sustainable Dev in Healthcare and Pain Management do interest me. Unfortunately, the courses are synchronous online for 3 months. I don't like those kind of courses. I like to jump in when I feel like it. The Game Design courses are asynchronous, perfect for the spontaneous family that we are, lol. I'm taking the ANCC Nursing Informatics cert on Friday and starting the MBA in Healthcare Management June 1, so my hands are kind of full right now. But we'll see!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
Actually, Pain Management and Sustainable Dev in Healthcare are both asynchronous. You are expected to finish the course in 3 months but it looks like the game dev certificate in that they give you longer than that.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Oh, I assumed since they both start only on specific days f each month that they were scheduled live online classes. In that case, I can sign up then. lol

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
It's a reasonable assumption but that's just the day when they go through and batch-process everything.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-10-2021, 12:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's a reasonable assumption but that's just the day when they go through and batch-process everything.

So he did the first course, Module 10 with me along side to see how the content flowed. I've never taken an International course before, lol! He enjoyed going through the Top 10 games list and was familiar with most of the games. All but two. He listened at 1.5 speed and took notes before taking the low stakes quiz. I like how you still have access to review the videos, like with Sophia. He did well, but had to go back and review a couple of questions. He focused on the years, not the names. 

He balked at the essay for Module 11 initially, until he realized he's just answering questions about something he likes and plays all the time.  He will work on that tomorrow. Overall, from what I saw by clicking ahead in the next few modules, it is a nice informational course that teaches theory in a user friendly manner with lots of introspection. He was excited to have earned a foreign college credit. "I'm fancy", he said. Thanks again for the information. 1 ECTS earned! More to come!
[-] The following 3 users Like cwendy111's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 656 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,493 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,113 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,266 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  can't log in to XAMK Learn wow 3 811 04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Details on XAMK Courses? bdarei 7 1,253 04-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 21 4,016 10-17-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free XAMK online courses for college credits? nomaduser 27 4,706 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: nomaduser