Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a little WGU MBA review....
Everytime I read this, I am one step closer to enrolling at WGU. WGU looks very promising. The fact that it is non-profit and highly respected, I'm telling you... this is where I might go for my masters. Hmmmm...

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Until now, I had given WGU little consideration. Since Reb is having such a great experience and it's self-paced, I'm changing my opinion.
Thanks, If anyone ever needs a referral let me know...WGU will waive your $65 application fee and I get a free mouse pad or t-shirt or something.

I just had Task 2 returned for more revisions...I really messed up not completing this course right after I did the simulation! In the weeks in between I have simply forgotten how/why I did some things. You only get 4 attempts at some tasks before they make you get signatures and promise to do better...I want to avoid that so I'm gonna pause and let the course mentor take a look before I proceed. I'm sure I missed some catch phrase or something that the grader is looking for.

I had the first conference call of the Leadership course today...this one should be kinda fun (though I hate relying on a "team"). We basically pick two sections of a book on leadership for new managers and write them...I got Leading Small Groups and Leadership Communications Each has to be around 8 pages double spaced. There is a bit of busy work like a couple paragraphs on my leadership style, comparing that to my teammates...but that's s no big deal. we have to finish in 4 weeks, I'm actually kinda happy to be in a course that will expect a set timetable for completion.

I have written a good portion of the Social Responsibility course, but I don't really like it and may start over. I won't be adding this class to this semester unless I get Supply Chain done. WGU is kinda like Mom at the dinner table...don't put more on your plate than you can eat. So in order to avoid any hassles with not finishing too many classes by the end of February I will do the work, but not turn on the course unless I am certain of completion. That's another cool thing about the program, you can work ahead as much as you like and then ask your mentor to switch the course on so and add it to your COS (course of study).
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Notified yesterday that the third and final task in Supply Chain was returned for the second time due to a single prompt (our of like 8 prompts) not being sufficiently answered. I really don't know what they are looking for so I have sent an e-mail to the course advisor, it's probably something silly.

A few minutes ago Task 2 in Supply Chain passed with revisions offered by the course mentor...it was really a nomenclature thing, If I can get that one issue resolved in task 3 above Supply Cahin will be put to bed....I will be glad to see it go. Next to finance this was the class I felt least familiar with and I was sure it would take forever to get through....it really didn't. Though I elected to just let it sit and do nothing for long stretches, the actual work was minimal, around 12-15 hours I would say.

I have the bulk of Leadership writen, enjoying having a team to work with, the lack of fellow students in an MBA program, a cohort group, is odd, but my COSC journey was a solitary one as well, so I was prepared for it.

I should mention something about the revision process at WGU. You bang out a paper, wait a few days, and taskstream gets back to you and lets you know if you passed or not. If you failed, they tell you exactly where and give (usually) an indication of what you need to make that section compliant. So far everything has been sent back at least once for revision....though task 3 from above was almost done first try. What I do for a revision is leave everything that's already there alone....and just add to it a highlighted section that I think will bring me the passing grade. I fear if I take something away I might withdraw the wrong elements and again be non compliant. I have no idea how others do it, but it works for me.

I hope to have that Social Responsibility course finished this week so I can request it be added to my COS (course of study) so that it can be submitted. It's largely considered an "easy" 2 competency units (WGU speak for credits). And of course Leadership continues.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Love, love, love your updates! It keeps me motivated to finish my BS so I can move on to WGU.

Thanks!
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

GoodYellowDogs Wrote:Love, love, love your updates! It keeps me motivated to finish my BS so I can move on to WGU.

Thanks!

I also love, love, love Reb's updates. Inspiring!!!!!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Thanks Y'all,

Not much to report, that issue with Supply Chain Task 3 was addressed by my Course Mentor...I fixed it and re-submitted, awaiting the response...should be good, I really want to be DONE with Supply Chain!

I continue to enjoy the Leadership class, it's nice to interact with your classmates and we get a chance to complain, compare notes, cheer-lead for each other a little if need be. I miss that part of the process. I Have completed the first Leadership Task and submitted it, I bet it comes back for revision...hopefully they will be light.

Best,

Reb
AS in EMS August 2010

Supply Chain is done, just received confirmation a moment ago...I do indeed dig the self paced nature of WGU.

Got an interesting call today as well...a nibble on a resume/application. It's nice just to get a call back these days!
AS in EMS August 2010

I submitted task1 of 2 in leadership on Friday. The WGU task stream fairies just passed task 1 on my first attempt. Hope I'm getting better at this, first task I've passed on the initial submission. Smile My plan is to have this class completed next week, most of task 2 is already written.
AS in EMS August 2010

How many pages of real writting are you seeing per course?
Texas A&M - Commerce - BAAS summer 2023
California Coast University - BSBA 2008

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Education Department to review guidance allowing revenue-share agreements with OPMs LevelUP 0 354 02-18-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia review Pre-WGU gams007 0 614 02-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Institution or Professor review websites bjcheung77 2 802 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Arkansas State online MPA Review cardiacclep 22 6,982 06-22-2021, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  "Last Mile" programs - book review Clepper43 1 988 10-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Math placement test for comprehensive review? MNomadic 4 1,702 12-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TEEX/ACE "Pending Organization Review" AwardTour 5 1,466 06-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Straighterline Review Goblue34 13 6,501 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: vpassenheim
  Review of New Mexico Junior College (Biology) sanantone 3 2,542 01-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Tennesseegirl87
Star REVIEW: Propero vs. Penn Foster Joeman200 7 5,192 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Nixi