Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fema questions
Ok now im confused yet again.
Now i have like 14 femas i have taken with hopes of transferring them to FCC because i heard no other schools take them.
Now i hear that ec might take them or did ?
Now is EC just like FCC where they will only give you credit once you test out of every module ?
Because at fcc they will not give you college credit just because you send them a transcript request of femas. You have to then go to a proctor yet again and test out of all the femas you took online to make sure you know the items covered.
Thanks guys
TESC will take raw FEMA credits. Just send them the transcript and you're golden.

I really don't know about FEMA and EC as I'm not a student there, but I have seen a few threads lately that address it.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
Yes, TESC will transcribe the raw FEMA credits. BUT.....near the end of last year, Excelsior stopped accepting FEMA credits through TESC. If you want to use FEMA credits at Excelsior, the must be transcribed through FCC.

I'm not aware of FCC's transciption policy concerning FEMA credits. I'd call FCC to verify their exact process.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Greggy_D Wrote:Yes, TESC will transcribe the raw FEMA credits. BUT.....near the end of last year, Excelsior stopped accepting FEMA credits through TESC. If you want to use FEMA credits at Excelsior, the must be transcribed through FCC.

I'm not aware of FCC's transciption policy concerning FEMA credits. I'd call FCC to verify their exact process.
Guys, read this . I just posted this yesterday. I dunno why but the moderators burried the post under a non-applicable subject and now no one will ever see it! Don't use FCC unless you want to pay double the costs as CCC!
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
That's good to know and a FAR cheaper alternative to FCC.

Thanks for the info!

(How did you find out about this?)
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Greggy_D Wrote:(How did you find out about this?)
I was poking around Excelsior's website and I saw that they accept the FEMA courses thru FCC and Clackamus. Since I had never heard of Clackamas, I found their site, called, and ended up on the fon for greater than an hour learning how they work this all out. pretty cool!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08

ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
Does anyone know why Excelsior won't accept FEMA through TESC?? I mean, accredited is accredited is accredited.... right? :confused:
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
The cynical side of me says that it's because they take a kick from FCC (note that they promote FCC much more than CCC as the place to get your credits through).

The "rosey world" side of me says that it's just their policy... similar to the fact that they won't accept CLEP or DANTES off of your TESC transcript... you must contact and request actual test transcripts from DSST and CLEP directly. Doesn't make sense, but it's their policy.

PASSED:

HawkGuy Wrote:Does anyone know why Excelsior won't accept FEMA through TESC?? I mean, accredited is accredited is accredited.... right? :confused:
I don't think FEMA ISP is particularily accredited by anyone in and of themselves. The National Emergency Training Center (EMI) is ACE reviewed, which has some classes similar to, but does not appear to apply to, the FEMA ISP portion of training, just the on-site classes. Regardless, ACE is a credit recommendation service and not a regional/national accreditor themselves.
So what do I have to do?

Call CCC up register with them as a student and start taking fema credits.

Can I go direct to FEMA have them sent to CCC and then send them to EC?

How many credits will EC take and will they be regarded as applied professional?

I really would like to do this but I have no idea how to?

What will the fees be like to register with CCC aside from the actual fema credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,127 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,717 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,009 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,634 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,798 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,937 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,314 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,944 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,628 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU and Study.com partnership/discount specific questions Tripletmom 9 3,363 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Joeman200