Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with degree planning for son for Bachelor's in Business Admin or Finance
(07-07-2022, 05:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 11:44 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 02:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 06:58 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: Rachel,
I am planning my son's potential class schedule and degree plan and I am wondering if the Biology Lab class offered from ASU is proctored? Aside from the Biology class according to what you mentioned, none of the other remaining Gen Ed classes or regular business classes would need proctored?
Thanks,
Education Seeker

BIO-100 The Living World and SES-106 Habitable Worlds are not proctored. Instead of being proctored, you are expected to do approximately 1-2 hours of work every day. If you do more than that, you can finish sooner. But you have to finish the course before the deadline.

Rachel83az

I am going to utilize the TESU BSBA spreadsheet degree plan bjcheung (and others) created along with the UMPI degree plan in this thread. I am starting to design my son's degree plan over the next several weeks. If I am understanding your post back on 6/22/22, you mentioned my son would only have to take *one* proctored science lab course (i.e. BIO101L from SDC) or the ASU non-proctored course? If he takes the non-proctored BIO100 The Living World and/or SES106 Habitable Worlds, it sounds like he would have *no* proctored courses for UMPI BSBA (or BABA) or BALS? Sorry if I am getting the acronym wrong, but, I mean a Bachelor's of Business or Liberal Studies? Is this correct?

If so, it seems like UMPI would be the least expensive, potentially quickest option, with the least amount of proctored exams.

EducationSeeker

Yes, you are correct. If he does the non-proctored BIO100 or SES106 from ASU, he would have no proctored exams. 

He will also need Chemistry or Environmental Science from Sophia to complete his science requirements. Environmental Science is super easy, so no need to do Chemistry unless he really enjoys that subject.

Rachel,

My son already has 28 credit hours from YSU from his Freshman year. He took 6 months off and is looking at going back this Fall, but, is disillusioned with the daunting task of 3 more years. So, it looks like he could complete the remaining roughly 60-63 credit hours through Study.com, ASU, or Sophia and take the remaining 30 credit hours for his Bachelor of Business or General Studies/Liberal Studies at UMPI in possibly 1 or likely 2 sessions. 

The UMPI Bachelor of Business or Liberal Studies does not require any proctored exams...correct? They seem more oriented around writing papers than TESU? He doesn't mind some proctored exams, but, would prefer not to have any so we are weighing options.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

(07-08-2022, 09:59 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
I am planning my son's potential class schedule and degree plan and I am wondering if the Biology Lab class offered from ASU is proctored? Aside from the Biology class according to what you mentioned, none of the other remaining Gen Ed classes or regular business classes would need proctored?
Thanks,
Education Seeker

BIO-100 The Living World and SES-106 Habitable Worlds are not proctored. Instead of being proctored, you are expected to do approximately 1-2 hours of work every day. If you do more than that, you can finish sooner. But you have to finish the course before the deadline.

Rachel83az

I am going to utilize the TESU BSBA spreadsheet degree plan bjcheung (and others) created along with the UMPI degree plan in this thread. I am starting to design my son's degree plan over the next several weeks. If I am understanding your post back on 6/22/22, you mentioned my son would only have to take *one* proctored science lab course (i.e. BIO101L from SDC) or the ASU non-proctored course? If he takes the non-proctored BIO100 The Living World and/or SES106 Habitable Worlds, it sounds like he would have *no* proctored courses for UMPI BSBA (or BABA) or BALS? Sorry if I am getting the acronym wrong, but, I mean a Bachelor's of Business or Liberal Studies? Is this correct?

If so, it seems like UMPI would be the least expensive, potentially quickest option, with the least amount of proctored exams.

EducationSeeker

Yes, you are correct. If he does the non-proctored BIO100 or SES106 from ASU, he would have no proctored exams. 

He will also need Chemistry or Environmental Science from Sophia to complete his science requirements. Environmental Science is super easy, so no need to do Chemistry unless he really enjoys that subject.

Rachel,

My son already has 28 credit hours from YSU from his Freshman year. He took 6 months off and is looking at going back this Fall, but, is disillusioned with the daunting task of 3 more years. So, it looks like he could complete the remaining roughly 60-63 credit hours through Study.com, ASU, or Sophia and take the remaining 30 credit hours for his Bachelor of Business or General Studies/Liberal Studies at UMPI in possibly 1 or likely 2 sessions. 

The UMPI Bachelor of Business or Liberal Studies does not require any proctored exams...correct? They seem more oriented around writing papers than TESU? He doesn't mind some proctored exams, but, would prefer not to have any so we are weighing options.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Rachel,

I also meant to ask that since my son has already completed Astronomy, would this count towards the Environmental Science credit you mentioned and he would not need to take this class?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
At this time, UMPI does not have proctored exams. Astronomy fills the physical science requirement. Environmental Science also fills it.
Thanks,
Education Seeker

Rachel83az

EducationSeeker

Rachel,

Thanks,

Education Seeker

(07-04-2022, 02:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: BIO-100 The Living World and SES-106 Habitable Worlds are not proctored. Instead of being proctored, you are expected to do approximately 1-2 hours of work every day. If you do more than that, you can finish sooner. But you have to finish the course before the deadline.

Rachel83az

EducationSeeker

Rachel,

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Rachel,

I also meant to ask that since my son has already completed Astronomy, would this count towards the Environmental Science credit you mentioned and he would not need to take this class?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Rachel83az-

You had mentioned that it would be possible to complete a BABA with only 1 proctored exam from UMPI and potentially *no* proctored exams if my son were to take the BIO100 Lab course from ASU. He has already completed 25 credits if his History class with a "D" grade will not transfer. Most of the other board members responded that it is good to utilize Sophia for the General Education classes. What other providers (i.e. like Sophia, SDC, etc.) that are *not* proctored should he utilize to get the maximum amount of transfer credits (90 credits) that can transfer for the UMPI BABA program?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
Sophia is the only alternate provider accepted by UMPI that has no video proctor. ASU and Olivet Nazarene are the cheapest RA schools where at least some of the courses do not have proctored exams. ONU does not have a suitable science course for UMPI, but they do have other courses, like American Government, that might be good for some students. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University

With ONU, it is similar to UMPI: no video proctoring, only papers/projects on all courses. With ASU, only SOME courses have no proctoring.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-13-2022, 12:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia is the only alternate provider accepted by UMPI that has no video proctor. ASU and Olivet Nazarene are the cheapest RA schools where at least some of the courses do not have proctored exams. ONU does not have a suitable science course for UMPI, but they do have other courses, like American Government, that might be good for some students. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University

With ONU, it is similar to UMPI: no video proctoring, only papers/projects on all courses. With ASU, only SOME courses have no proctoring.

ONU does not have a lab science, but they do have 3 science courses that UMPI will take: (General Biological Science, Chemistry, and Physical Geography).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-13-2022, 07:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 12:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia is the only alternate provider accepted by UMPI that has no video proctor. ASU and Olivet Nazarene are the cheapest RA schools where at least some of the courses do not have proctored exams. ONU does not have a suitable science course for UMPI, but they do have other courses, like American Government, that might be good for some students. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University

ONU does not have a lab science, but they do have 3 science courses that UMPI will take: (General Biological Science, Chemistry, and Physical Geography).

Rachel- 

Going back to your post about ASU Biology lab class, would the BIO100 with Lab class at ASU be accepted by UMPI and is it proctored or not? Not a huge deal if it is proctored, but, my son prefers no proctored classes.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
BIO100 at ASU is a lab science and it is NOT proctored.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-14-2022, 12:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: BIO100 at ASU is a lab science and it is NOT proctored.

Rachel83az-

Awesome, it looks like that will be the lab science he will be taking with ASU.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
I just wanted to keep you all updated, we are very close to giving a prize to the person who says the word "proctor" or variations of that word for the 300th time in this thread.

The current count is 286. 

GL ALL!

P.S. Here's a fun game to play. Try saying the word "proctor" fast 300 times in a row without losing your mind. I turn into a chicken around 50. lol 
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 5 104 2 hours ago
Last Post: smartfion
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,229 04-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,943 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 211 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,176 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 390 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,309 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 174 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM