Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
systems analyst cert/programs
Does anyone know of cheap/free systems analyst training that offer a certificate or training in epic or other healthcare related software?
Clinical Epic Analyst (IP Orders) here. I'll just mention that Epic is very protective of their training material and you're unlikely to find anything outside of the official training that's going to be worth anything. Certification/proficiency in Epic requires sponsorship by an organization that has an Epic implementation in place or is upcoming. So, if you're dead-set on Epic certification, your best option is to get a relevant job with a healthcare organization that uses it. Some consulting agencies like TEKsystems will hire techie folks on and send them for Epic certification, but it's pretty difficult to get them to do this without a track record with that company.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
Thanks for the info. My wife currently does coding (CPC) and I gave her the idea of getting systems analytics. Any certifications out there that could get your foot the door to get hired within a healthcare organization that could potentially be a sponsor?
(08-10-2018, 04:37 PM)Paramedic12 Wrote: Thanks for the info. My wife currently does coding (CPC) and I gave her the idea of getting systems analytics. Any certifications out there that could get your foot the door to get hired within a healthcare organization that could potentially be a sponsor?

If she has a considerable amount of coding experience, I would recommend that she look for an HB or PB Epic job and apply straight away without worrying about certs. I think the product/module is called Resolute. YMMV, but I think that most organizations would rather have someone that knows the end user workflow and will teach them the techie side (which, honestly, isn't all that techie) instead of trying to take a techie person and teach them the workflow. Does that make sense?

Things like PMP and understanding data analytics are good for moving up. But, for getting in the door, the clinical background is going to generally be more important when attempting to land that first Epic role.

Also, by no means am I implying that Epic is the way to go. With the VA finally getting around to attempting to implement Cerner, I think there's going to be some insane consulting money to be made here soon. But, Epic consulting is also still pretty lucrative as well.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edx to launch a bunch of graduate programs soon. nyvrem 35 1,930 07-27-2018, 04:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Masters to Phd programs Paramedic12 1 316 07-06-2018, 05:39 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Switching Master's Programs sanantone 10 435 07-06-2018, 02:53 AM
  Cyprus Msc in Cognitive Systems durain 0 141 06-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: durain
  Problems with Leadership Programs sanantone 22 827 06-18-2018, 11:42 AM
  Biology/Public Health/Environmental Health Programs sanantone 31 2,623 06-07-2018, 05:57 PM
  Masters/ Doctoral Programs chasey11442 6 1,479 06-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: miah
  Affordable Doctoral Programs? rowan555 10 725 06-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Review: Grad Cert Econ Educ: U.Colorado Colorado Springs eriehiker 5 627 05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  WGU's Business Programs Now Accredited by ACBSP Motivated2move 6 499 05-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Last Post: jsd