Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Just Starting Out
#1
Hi. Smile Hope you are doing well. Happy Mother's Day to all the fellow moms!

Just joined a moment ago... I've been reading threads since Tuesday however.

So my story:

I enrolled into Capella last month ; classes were to start on the 11th. BUT I found out on Monday my FASFA was not approved and it would take 6 to 10 months to get it approved/fixed. Sad Talk about heart breaking.

My husband and I were talking about taking these self paced courses with their partner program ; sophia.org. The courses are close to $400 a piece. Kind of expensive. And the adviser said they can take about 1 month to 3 months to complete one course. With 15 courses to take it'd be a very high price in the end. But not as high as paying for college out of pocket.

THEN I found this forum.. Smile Talk about awesome. To discover the test I knew there was but didn't know the names of them.

I confirmed with Capella that they do take credits from CLEP and DSST this morning! Super happy dance after being extremely depressed on Monday.

SOOO.. now ... I need to study. With two young children ( 1 year old and a 6 year old ) , I'd like a good resource for study tools. I need paperback books because they are easier to read and write into.

I'm currently a professional ghostwriter for children's books and romance novels. I'm also a kindle author. I'm working on my back up plan to be a doctor. I'm 26 years old so the faster I can finish my degree the better.

Could anyone recommend a good first test to take as well? Seriously advice would be awesome right now.

I look forward to talking with you also soon! Thank you in advance.

Chimica


Messages In This Thread
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Just Starting Out - by sanantone - 05-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Just Starting Out - by mednat - 05-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Just Starting Out - by mednat - 05-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Just Starting Out - by mednat - 05-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Just Starting Out - by sanantone - 05-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Just Starting Out - by mednat - 05-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Just Starting Out - by adavis84 - 05-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Just Starting Out - by clep3705 - 05-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Just Starting Out - by wombat777 - 05-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Just Starting Out - by LaterBloomer - 05-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-09-2015, 12:59 AM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-09-2015, 01:35 AM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-09-2015, 04:15 AM
Just Starting Out - by clep3705 - 05-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Just Starting Out - by mednat - 05-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Just Starting Out - by mednat - 05-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Just Starting Out - by clep3705 - 05-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Just Starting Out - by sweetcrabhoney - 05-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Just Starting Out - by smf6824 - 05-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Just Starting Out - by rebel100 - 05-09-2015, 11:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting My Degree Journey and Looking for Guidance diegoox902 6 3,173 12-24-2025, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  3 College Majors With Declining Starting Salaries LevelUP 4 3,622 04-10-2025, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Netflix is Hiring an AI-Focused Role—and the Starting Salary is up to $900,000 LevelUP 1 2,030 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 2,693 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Superstars get educated too! 13 years after starting... bjcheung77 2 1,703 05-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 2,955 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 3,079 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 2,539 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch, where to begin? SweetsugarNL 87 27,134 12-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Starting from scratch.. Mirsie 13 5,707 07-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)