Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Suggestions again please....
#3
Hi Chris,

Yikes, unless anything has changed, not all states allow Excelsior. California will not let a Excelsior grad obtain a CA license - I know Excelsior is working on that, but as of the last time I checked it still is not allowed. Plus I live in Maryland currently. And from what I am reading on the Maryland Board of Nursing website unless I was already enrolled by June of 06 (I believe) and finished the degree by Dec 07, they will not let others to have a Maryland license from Excelsor and that includes by endorsement. This is a big topic on a couple of nurse yahoo groups I am involved in. Georgia is one state I believe you are talking about that will allow Excelsior grads, not by initial licensure but by endorsement. And Washington I think requires 200 preceptor hours before being eligible to take state boards. I just know that here in Maryland I will not be able to work as a RN. Oh sure I could get a DC license and work there but I dont' want to work in DC. And I could work at any federal facility no matter what state I am licensed in, but still that narrows my choices down. I would love in the future to do a travel nurse stint in CA, but until CA accepts Excelsior that couldnt' happen. I appreciate your thoughts however. Does your friend know about the various yahoo groups set up for Excelsior nursing students?

Dawn
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Suggestions again please.... - by dloth - 09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Suggestions again please.... - by kscbnlbk - 09-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Suggestions again please.... - by dloth - 09-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Suggestions again please.... - by cederic824 - 09-08-2007, 08:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for Certifications to use up Personal Development Funds mohelena02 12 4,501 06-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Suggestions for (fast, inexpensive) ways to boost GPA studyingfortests 10 7,410 09-25-2021, 02:26 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Computer Degree Suggestions at any of the Big 3? JWells247 10 5,038 11-30-2019, 01:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any suggestions for Ethics ChilliDawg 16 7,887 10-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Fast and cheap LL computer science suggestions udi 2 2,043 06-21-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: udi
  Putting It All Together—Suggestions/Tips pws 16 9,482 11-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Suggestions for my son? jb111 7 3,277 09-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: hackenproof
  Looking for suggestions on a place to start. IARS 10 5,414 09-17-2018, 04:48 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  TESU BALS My Progress Update/Study.com Course Suggestions? fcnew52 14 5,788 03-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Last Post: fcnew52
  Efficient study time management suggestions collegechick 9 4,611 01-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Last Post: OnlineStudent011320

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)