Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overload and Capped Tuition
#6
(11-13-2025, 11:18 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, IIRC, If you're looking at a community college for example, there are a few that allow you to take more than the 15-18/semester and the pricing remains the same as the 15/18 credits.  Having said that, you need permission to take up to 21-24 credits each semester, and have a relatively high GPA, plus, you need to retain that GPA in order to continue overloading the next semester...

I had 19 credits in a semester at a community colleges years ago. I paid full time tuition for credits 12-18. Credit 19 I paid part time tuition and fees on. I had to have permission from the Dean. I had a high GPA so it wasn't a problem getting approval. I did it once and said never again because of how much work there was in 6 classes over 15 weeks. I also had 6 final exams in 1 week. That was AWFUL.

When it comes to a grad program you'd need a CBE program who has a flat rate for tuition per term such as UMPI and WGU. If you're looking for name recognition you're not likely to find a CBE program or a cap on grad tuition along with unlimited credits in a term. Grad courses are nothing like undergrad so I can see why the cap limits remain. I completed 4 grad courses in 1 term and it was....a lot. It was a rough 10 weeks. I had to have approval from the Dean and was only approved because I had a 4.0 from my first term at the university. Once was enough for me!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Overload and Capped Tuition - by PreLawCoastie - 11-06-2025, 09:37 PM
RE: Overload and Capped Tuition - by bjcheung77 - 11-13-2025, 11:18 AM
RE: Overload and Capped Tuition - by ss20ts - 11-14-2025, 02:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morgan State MS/PhD (High transfer credit, low tuition) NotJoeBiden 57 21,186 08-13-2026, 05:26 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 10 19,139 05-22-2026, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Free/Tuition Free Masters Degrees Asghar12345 16 14,741 03-24-2026, 02:55 PM
Last Post: wow
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 17 10,768 01-31-2025, 01:35 AM
Last Post: ProReader
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 3,171 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 13,327 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  New Harvard Online MS Healthcare degrees $56k tuition smartdegree 7 6,474 09-21-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2U encourages lower tuition and announces $24K Wisconsin Masters Business Analytics smartdegree 12 4,397 08-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  No Tuition Until Hired - ConTech University Masters in CS/AI/Data smartdegree 16 6,486 02-07-2022, 03:07 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Pittsburg State (Kansas) - Only online classes, pay resident tuition fee bjcheung77 0 2,481 12-27-2021, 03:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)