12-03-2025, 03:07 PM
(09-17-2025, 02:12 PM)dewisant Wrote: Things I want to do:
1: Take all of the Science/Mathematics CLEP/DSST tests that I avoided.
2: Go to Law School
3: Do an MA/PhD track
4: Get a Sport Bike and/or Harley-Davidson and ride around
5: Learn to Fly
6: Be a Writer and/or Poet
7: Earn the NSCA-CSCS and have zero students besides myself.
8: I'm 63, handicapped, and want/need something to do.
Congratulations on reaching the station in life where you have the freedom to do what you want. I recommend getting involved in a good church or volunteering for a charity you believe in. Not to be a stick in the mud but an injury from #4 risks the other 7.
On the other hand, flying small planes is a blast and statistically very safe if you avoid ultralights. The FAA recently reduced the health exam barriers to getting a pilot's license. The EAA has chapters across the country comprised of retirees who meet regularly to socialize, talk aviation, and fly to another airport for a $100 hamburger. Ignore the word 'experimental' in EAA. Very few members build their own planes but they enjoy talking about it.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)