02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, I'd say it'd doable. I used about a month to prepare even though I had quite a bit of background. I probably could have taken it after a week or two if I had really needed to. Here's some of the feedback I posted in the Specific Exam Feedback Section:
Ruddigore Wrote:⢠InstantCert (IC) flash cardsHope it turns out well! Just keep plugging away.
⢠Kaplan practice exam
⢠Petersonâs practice exam
⢠Princeton Review practice exam
⢠Two REA practice exams
⢠An art history book, which I gave a cursory reading
⢠Wikipedia
IC is invaluable. Do it at least twice. Doing it once would be going over it until you can get most all the questions right; doing it twice is going over to see how much you remember (and to refresh your memory). Every time you get a question wrong, look the answer up (particularly if itâs a person) on Wikipedia and learn something about it. One of Wikipediaâs strengths is the âinfluenced/influenced byâ section beneath authorsâ photos. With it, you can guide your self to related information not covered in IC (since IC is not all-encompassing).
Of the exams, the Princeton Review test was the easiest, and the Petersonâs or REA tests the hardest. One thing that made the REA tests difficult was how they mixed up all the questions. The Petersonsâs exam was more like the real thing in how it organized its questions by subject.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback
Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)