Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Just starting - Help with CLEP please
#2
starr Wrote:Hello - I am just beginning this long process at Excelsior, and would appreciate some help with the CLEP tests I need to take. I am entering the Bach of Business program there, and I am wondering - should I begin with the 90-minute "General" CLEP tests (Humanities, Social Sciences and History, ect.)? I understand that passing these qualify for 6 credits each, but exactly which classes do they replace? I notice that Excelsior no longer accepts the English Comp CLEP (you need to take their ECE for that) - do the rest of the "General" CLEP tests still qualify? I don't see any of the General tests listed on their Business Program list. If they do qualify - are the "General" tests the best way to begin? Thanks for any help!

Stephen Blackburn

The general cleps still qualify. If you look in the catalog for the degree breakdown, you'll see that there's different areas. Humanities, Social Science and History, Natural Science and Math, and so on.. The credits earned from the CLEPs will plug into those (and if you have more credits than you need, they'll roll over to the Arts & Sciences Electives or to Free Electives.)

You can take the Uexcel College Writing test now to complete the Written English Requirement. It uses the same artificial intelligence essay grading engine that they use for the ECE, consists of 2 essays, and only costs $85 and is worth 3 credits.

My advice is to pick which CLEPs and DSSTs that you need by lining them up with the requirements for your degree, and figure out which areas that you're strongest down to weakest in, and put the tests in that order, Strongest first and so on, so that you have more time to study for the areas that you're week in.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully


Messages In This Thread
Just starting - Help with CLEP please - by starr - 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Just starting - Help with CLEP please - by TMW2010 - 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Just starting - Help with CLEP please - by starr - 02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Just starting - Help with CLEP please - by starr - 02-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Just starting - Help with CLEP please - by starr - 02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Just starting - Help with CLEP please - by NAP - 02-17-2010, 04:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 3,851 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 3,327 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 3,615 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 5,563 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 2,357 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP + College Math CLEP ? Silly_Me 6 4,313 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  CLEP Newcomer backstabbathds 6 2,994 02-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does it matter what Clep exams I take? Keshi 4 2,916 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Just starting I need help tobyisking 19 7,311 01-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU, CLEP and WV BOG quigongene 9 4,489 11-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Last Post: quigongene

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)