Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently?
Wondering if it counts for the 3 credit math requirement - not needing more electives, really looking to meet the math requirement without doing algebra.

Edit: I just saw on the CSM site that it counts for math elective.
They didn't when my brother and I applied in August 23 both having completed the CSM course. However, Excelsior made so many mistakes evaluating both of our transcripts, that I would not conclude they intentionally rejected the CSM course. It could have been a mistake.
My twins just got accepted and had their evaluation a couple of weeks ago and, yes, CSM was listed as math.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

There is some arbitrary date that is a problem for some folks. Excelsior signed an agreement with CSMLearn sometime in 2020 or 2021. Even though the course has not changed one whit since it was introduced, Excelsior arbitrarily refused to accept my CSMLearn credit, even after a senior official from CSMLearn itself reached out and explained that the course was the same.

This might explain why some folks have had it accepted, and others have not. Or, it could be simple human error.
(12-31-2023, 08:16 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: There is some arbitrary date that is a problem for some folks. Excelsior signed an agreement with CSMLearn sometime in 2020 or 2021. Even though the course has not changed one whit since it was introduced, Excelsior arbitrarily refused to accept my CSMLearn credit, even after a senior official from CSMLearn itself reached out and explained that the course was the same.

This might explain why some folks have had it accepted, and others have not.  Or, it could be simple human error.

Mine took the class a few years ago so maybe that's the reason they got it accepted?

Also, there is one particular admissions counselor that made things difficult to say the least so maybe it was her that was the problem for you and others.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(12-31-2023, 08:16 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: There is some arbitrary date that is a problem for some folks. Excelsior signed an agreement with CSMLearn sometime in 2020 or 2021. Even though the course has not changed one whit since it was introduced, Excelsior arbitrarily refused to accept my CSMLearn credit, even after a senior official from CSMLearn itself reached out and explained that the course was the same.

This might explain why some folks have had it accepted, and others have not.  Or, it could be simple human error.

Do you mean that they have taken it since the agreement was signed in 2021?  like if someone did it now, it would be fine? but prior to the agreement date, maybe not?
CM1999 Wrote:Do you mean that they have taken it since the agreement was signed in 2021?  like if someone did it now, it would be fine? but prior to the agreement date, maybe not?

If you're taking the class now, you should be fine. People who took it before the agreement should also be fine as long as it was ACE recommended for credit, most likely people fell through the cracks due to human or system error (something along the lines of not verifying the class has ACE recommendation for credit, or something slightly different).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 579 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,785 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,847 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,457 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,386 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,208 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,891 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,337 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,418 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior changes alsimko 2 1,116 04-08-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: frankc