Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class equivelency
Anyone have a link to the Clep/Dantes Class equivalency lists for TESC and Excelsior? I dont' want to take two differenct cleps if they both would fulfill the same type of class.
College Mathematics: 59 | Humanities: 58 | College Comp Modular: 58 | Intro. to Psychology: 65 | Public Speaking: 61/X | College Algebra: 63 | Technical Writing: 56 | Astronomy: 62 | Intro. to Computing: 462 | Macroeconomics: 59 | Microeconomics: 64 | Money & Banking: 52 | Marketing: 59 | Calculus: 47 | A&I Lit: 64
http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equivalencies.pdf

This is the one for TESC, I do not have Excelsior but I'm sure it is somewhere on this board.
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
Actually I've only ever seen something like that for TESC. Equivalencies for Excelsior and COSC seem to be spread out among a lot of different threads. If there is a centralized equivalency list for Excelsior like that one for TESC please let me know so I can put it on the wiki. Thanks.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
There is no need for a CLEP/DSST equivalency list. The most accurate source is the school's website. The only thing that is incorrect on TESC's website is the human services category. Fundamentals of Counseling is transcribed as an upper level psychology course and Intro to CJ and Intro to Law Enforcement are counted as social sciences. If you're looking for Straighterline courses, the most accurate source is the school's page on Straighterline. The degree planners page needs to be updated.

DANTES
CLEP - College-Level Exam Program
About TECEPÂ Exams
http://www.charteroak.edu/Current/Academ...r-list.pdf
http://www.excelsior.edu/c/document_libr...upId=78666
Transfer College Credit for Online College Courses to Excelsior College - StraighterLine
Transfer College Credits To Charter Oak State College - StraighterLine
Transfer College Credits To Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - StraighterLine
Note that the list at SL for EC is out of date. It should include all of the recently added ACE-approved courses, too.

The CLEP/DSST exams that are accepted at EC are listed in "The Student Guide to Credit by Exam", which is available on the EC website under "Downloadable Documents" and "Catalogs".
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Sanantone's list should be pinned to here in the forum and added to the wiki.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
NAP Wrote:The CLEP/DSST exams that are accepted at EC are listed in "The Student Guide to Credit by Exam", which is available on the EC website under "Downloadable Documents" and "Catalogs".

The link to it is in my post above, but links change and it's good to know how to find it.
rebel100 Wrote:Sanantone's list should be pinned to here in the forum and added to the wiki.

Hint: Anyone who can look at a wiki page can edit it. Hint-hint. Smile
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
dcan Wrote:Hint: Anyone who can look at a wiki page can edit it. Hint-hint. Smile

......always in a hurry. Smile Don't really like making changes either. I know its a public page....but its still YOUR public page to me Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,583 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,452 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,384 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Easy TESU Class...need help omuneek 4 1,484 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: omuneek
  Easiest Math Class for TESU BALS? Kickedthehabit2 3 1,413 05-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easy TESU class? sarg123 19 4,626 04-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  One hour UL class for COSC frank.f.franky 4 1,763 04-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Last Post: boalex207
  Thomas Edison Calculus Class ALstudent 8 2,435 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Statistics, think TESU will give me credit for this class? StoicJ 5 1,752 01-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Is it possible to work on BSBA TESU Capstone without registering for the class? BearEDU 58 14,996 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Last Post: BearEDU