Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$15000 Doctorate NA
https://www.vul.edu/dha/curriculum.html

I found this interesting.Religious school national accrediated doctorate, for healthcare administration. I don't think the NA/RA divide would matter when it comes to a religous school background considering most hospitals are religious.

Thoughts?
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, RachelB
Yeah, they're not bad. They have a football team apparently... so, I guess, they made a mark on my list...
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Doctorates
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I don't know about administration but I think that hospitals are used to hiring people with "unaccredited" degrees. That is, it's not uncommon to find something like a programmatically accredited phlebotomist or nursing assistant certificate/degree. It's not NA or RA but it's still acceptable because the program(s) themselves are accredited.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-22-2021, 12:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't know about administration but I think that hospitals are used to hiring people with "unaccredited" degrees. That is, it's not uncommon to find something like a programmatically accredited phlebotomist or nursing assistant certificate/degree. It's not NA or RA but it's still acceptable because the program(s) themselves are accredited.
When I think of programmatic accreditors, I think of accreditors recognized by the Department of Education or at least CHEA. When they accredit specialized institutions, such as ABA accrediting a standalone law school, they become national accreditors. Many low-level allied health programs are not accredited at all. They should have a state license to operate, and they should meet the requirements for national certification or a state license if required. I wouldn't necessarily compare a hospital executive position to a phlebotomist, but most private employers don't know the difference between national and regional accreditation. They usually are aware of programmatic accreditation, such as NAACLS for clinical laboratory science.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(05-22-2021, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, they're not bad.  They have a football team apparently... so, I guess, they made a mark on my list...
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Doctorates

The team sucks bad, but they do get on ESPN sometimes. How? I don't know, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(05-22-2021, 12:01 PM)ashkir Wrote: https://www.vul.edu/dha/curriculum.html

I found this interesting.Religious school national accrediated doctorate, for healthcare administration. I don't think the NA/RA divide would matter when it comes to a religous school background considering most hospitals are religious.

Thoughts?

I would not say most hospitals are religious today. This may vary by location. There is not a hospital where I live that is affiliated with a church/faith/religion. Hospitals are businesses. A great deal of research needs to be done on religious NA schools. There are MANY that have NUMEROUS issues. You also need to think of your future, if you want to teach, NA is not going to work.
^ Most people have no intention of teaching, but it's something to consider if you're in the small minority who wants to. That being said, a DHA is really a degree meant for mobility in the hierarchy of healthcare administration and is more of a topper to your experience in that field than it is a foot-in-the-door to a new career.
[-] The following 3 users Like eLearner's post:
  • Rhashad, SteveFoerster, StoicJ
I have no intention of being a teacher at all. Zero. So I think that it might be a viable option for me to make the jump from to a healthcare administration job down the line.
I spent more time talking to people in this degree program. I spoke to some of the faculty via email. I'm actually very impressed with this. I never thought I'd do a masters, but, now I'm thinking of doing 1 more year of school after UMPI and dot his, and just going straight to a doctorate. I've never thought of it before. Most of the people in this program are nurse practitioners or hospital administrators. I ran into one person with a background in simply leadership and they're liking the program.

The amount of work seems equivalent to what I'm getting at UMPI. I think I'll risk the $5000 extra to take a semester of this, to see if I can do it. Everyone I've been talking to has told me the first semester is the worst So if I can get through it I know I can do it.

I know this is NA, and not the "gold standard" RA, but, NA is still a silver standard, and acceptable. I plan on letting my reputation speak for me, but, with the degrees behind me to use it to push myself forward. I mostly want to do this for me. While this is a Doctor of Healthcare Administration, but the curriculum is almost all administrative and leadership based. This is a research doctorate not a dissertation doctorate, so the ability to create original knowledge is built into the whole program versus a full on dissertation. Basically kind of like those EdDs that require a ton of published articles, you'd be working on these with this program, at an accelerated rate.

It's very early on in this program, the first cohort graduates next week. I want to join for their 5th or 6th cohort ,enough time for them to get their kinks down, want to push graduation rates, and probably before they tighten requirements. Only a single class (DHA 806) is about Healthcare. But, it involves world wide health.
[-] The following 6 users Like ashkir's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, eLearner, GoodYellowDogs, Novo, rachel83az, RachelB
(07-29-2021, 12:48 AM)ashkir Wrote: I know this is NA, and not the "gold standard" RA, but, NA is still a silver standard, and acceptable. I plan on letting my reputation speak for me, but, with the degrees behind me to use it to push myself forward. I mostly want to do this for me.

It's a legitimate program. You'll be fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 309 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 879 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 3 1,756 03-03-2024, 01:32 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 709 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,394 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 843 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 436 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 870 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,715 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  UCN like doctorate options? Sdmj33 23 5,777 08-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: elcastor21