Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ALEKS to CCAF
I'm 3 Math credits away from my CCAF finally! I've been searching the forum and it seemed like ALEKS would work. I'm assuming I would just have ACE send the transcript to Air University? Want to see if anyone has actually done this before I get started on it. Would be nice if TA would cover it too.
That would be nice if it worked. I just searched for the school in the "Community College of the Air Force Civilian Course Conversion Table" and was unable to find it. Sad I looked in California, under ALEKS and McGraw Hill, no luck.

I've completed a couple ALEKS math courses, but haven’t had them sent to CCAF because I already filled the requirement.

The two other schools I received credit from were listed on there, showing specifically which courses they accepted from the institution.

It can’t hurt to check with an education counselor maybe there’s something I'm missing.
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194
Mtbkr02 - Is ACE listed?

Reir - Consider the College Math CLEP as an alternative, if needed and accepted by your school.

It sounds like ALEKS would be a great option for a lot of people if it is allowed.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
You have to sort by state which is a little annoying in this situation. Looking Under DC, Ace National Guide, and Ace Credit, it just has a ton of language courses listed.
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194
Thanks Mtbkr02 for taking the time to check that!

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

Based on the information listed, I'm guessing it's safe to infer that ALEKS will suffice as a viable math option? If so, this post just made my day! cheersmate I'm in the process of submitting my transcript to the CCAF and will post an update. :toetap:
Orimaru1 - Thanks for keeping us updated, since I think we still don't know. Mtbkr02 wasn't able to find it in the CCAF chart. I haven't searched the forum to see if anyone has already done this.

If someone has more information about this, please let us know. Thanks!

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

NAP Wrote:Orimaru1 - Thanks for keeping us updated, since I think we still don't know. Mtbkr02 wasn't able to find it in the CCAF chart. I haven't searched the forum to see if anyone has already done this.

If someone has more information about this, please let us know. Thanks!
You're quite welcome! And please, any lurkers with knowledge about this feel free to interject! As noted by the OP, the process seems pretty simple. Submit the credits via ACE transcript to the CCAF and wait for the evaluation. After reading the credit requirements it appears ALEKS does meets the criteria. Request has been submitted and now we'll wait the standard 1-4 week time frame for it to go through the process.
Still waiting for Air University to update. Also, I have submitted my BYU Public Speaking transcript to CCAF so, I'm hoping they will both touchdown around the same time. I'll keep you posted!:ack:Although, this post does seem quite motivating!!
Nothing new! Still waiting! I haven't forgotten about this post! I followed up with the Education Center and they are saying that it needs to be at least 6 weeks before they follow up with Maxwell-Gunter for status. I have seen the CCAF take as long as 2 months for DANTES...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,197 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,118 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,861 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,821 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,258 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,780 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,224 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,739 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,284 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,019 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE