Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admission to Thomas Edison
Hi everyone,

I spend the day with my buddy and he got SL Business Ethics done and also most of one of the TEEX courses.  Next step is to get his registered with Thomas Edison to take the Capstone course in June to get the study.com discount.  I'm going to have him register for a study.com membership on Monday and start Principles of Finance.

Just looking at the logistics of getting him registered at Thomas Edison.

What documents will he need?  I've been told his SL courses can be transferred directly to Thomas Edison. 

Will they need a copy of his high school transcript ?  Can he send it himself or does it have to come directly from his high school ? 

Will he have to write any kind of admissions essay or statement or purpose ?

How long will the process take ?

What kind of roadblocks can I expect ?
No high school transcript required, no essay. Just pay the $75 application fee, and he's in.

It takes a few days to get the "you're accepted" email, and the MyEdison account info (so he'll have the online account at that point). Make sure to apply as a Study.com affiliate member.

Then, it takes about a month to get all the transcripts evaluated. So send them in ASAP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I thought you needed a high school diploma? So for our homeschool teens once they turn 18 (with new age waiver rules), would we have to issue a homeschool high school diploma, or is that not a requirement?
(04-19-2018, 08:26 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: I thought you needed a high school diploma? So for our homeschool teens once they turn 18 (with new age waiver rules), would we have to issue a homeschool high school diploma, or is that not a requirement?

I was homeschooled and have never once in my life been asked for proof of graduation.. YMMV tho!
My son was home-schooled through High school and TESU did not ask for his high school  transcript. We only send in some Dual-enrollment CC credits.
In 30 years, I've never been asked for my actual HS diploma (not homeschooled).  But many times it's been asked if I graduated from HS.

SO, yes you should definitely issue your kids a diploma, they may need it for college admissions or other things - but they may never need proof that they received one.

BTW - make it fancy and celebrate it, they deserve it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I was homeschooled, none of the colleges I have applied to have asked to see my diploma
Patten University is the only place that has ever asked to see my high school transcripts.

And then when i sent them in, they told me I didn't need to do that.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,453 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  THOMAS EDISON ANALYZING AND INTERPRETING LIT Giantzebra 4 1,817 08-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: nashpond
  Help requested with Thomas Edison degree plan. BSOL kodiak61 8 2,184 06-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP! DeterminedStudent 28 5,839 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Thomas Edison Calculus Class ALstudent 8 2,409 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Thomas Edison State University Selects New President jsd 3 2,164 12-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Thomas Edison Course Equivalency lookup High_Order1 11 2,296 06-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  International student: IELTS for TESU admission?.. Ekker 1 1,085 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Institues CPCU, Thomas Edison, and ACE credit chasm636 1 1,264 05-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Got time off..how fast can I complete the Thomas Edison Management degree? Lnacen 15 2,866 03-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: High_Order1