Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACS Plan Verification
Hello Everyone

I've made this BACS  degree plan. would you look at it and tell me if there's anything wrong with? I know there are some rule you must follow regarding credits and transfer, but I'm not sure exactly if I'm breaking any of them.

I'm looking for the easiest way to get the degree rather than the fastest as I'll probably will only be able to complete one class at a time. and I would prefer to avoid classes with deadlines. I'm a good test taker (A+,Net+, studying for AWS SSA) so I think I can take some challeges of testing our as long as there is good material for the class.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...OF/pubhtml

Any help would be gladly appreciated
@mrobel, Welcome to the board, good intro post, it's great you're asking questions and have some basic details, plus the spreadsheet. Have you taken a look at the WIKI plan? I would follow it to get the max transfer and complete as is for now... If any changes needed, we'll update it regularly. BTW, you may want to fill in the addendum and template, depending on your answers and if you have the energy, money, time, you can go for the BACS/BSBA CIS combo. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-17-2024, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @mrobel, Welcome to the board, good intro post, it's great you're asking questions and have some basic details, plus the spreadsheet.  Have you taken a look at the WIKI plan? I would follow it to get the max transfer and complete as is for now... If any changes needed, we'll update it regularly.  BTW,  you may want to fill in the addendum and template, depending on your answers and if you have the energy, money, time, you can go for the BACS/BSBA CIS combo.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU

Thank You, I did plan the rest of the classes with the help of the wiki. However I want to confirm something regardingd RA courses vs study.com. I have 47 credits left. and on the tesu transcript it says that I have 61/90 College credits and 0/90 ACE can I safely transfer 47 worth of credits from CLEP and Study.com? or is the total cap for everything non tesu 90CE? Meaning I would need 17 CE from tesu.
For residency credits, you have a couple of options, either take 6 credits and pay the residency waiver fee or take 15 credit flat rate term. You can transfer into TESU a max of 114 credits and do the 6 credits, or transfer in 105 and take the flat rate. Many people transfer in more than the 120 credits for the degree, but still need to decide on which option.

In your situation, depending on the answers to the info on the addendum and template you haven't provided, you can decide which way would be best, you can transfer the classes with Sophia.org, Study.com and other ACE/NCCRS providers. Here's a link you should review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid411351
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-18-2024, 09:18 AM)mrobel Wrote: Thank You, I did plan the rest of the classes with the help of the wiki. However I want to confirm something regardingd RA courses vs study.com. I have 47 credits left. and on the tesu transcript it says that I have 61/90 College credits and 0/90 ACE can I safely transfer 47 worth of credits from CLEP and Study.com? or is the total cap for everything non tesu 90CE? Meaning I would need 17 CE from tesu.

The limit is 90 credits of alternative credit, meaning ACE, NCCRS, CLEP, AP, certs, etc... Anything from an actual college or university, foreign or domestic, doesn't count in that total. The only thing you aboslutely have to take from TESU is the capstone and cornerstone, and in the case of the BACS, you can even take the cornerstone through EdX.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 37 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 391 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 471 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,335 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,894 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
  BA Religion plan now on wiki rachel83az 6 560 10-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Possible Degree Plan - BA English aperantosbias 10 701 09-16-2023, 02:22 PM
  TESU Bachelor to Masters Program Plan Cheap and Fast? Sargoththemino 9 933 09-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jch
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 2,464 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,367 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM