Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest drawback to studying?
Ugh... Just got on the scale and am 5-8 pounds up from my pre-study weight. No it isn't a lot and probably not noticeable to anyone other than me, but my time is limited. Time studying = time not spent on the treadmill.

Anyone else notice the drawbacks of extra time spent on the computer? Thank goodness I'm almost done and can spend the summer working my butt off before I start on my masters!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Less time to study other things :nopity:
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

I gained a little fat and lost a little muscle. I used to lift weights four times a week and cut back to two times a week. Muscle is much harder to build than fat is to lose so I worry more about the muscle loss than anything.
Some of my studying time came out of my xbox time so that is a good trade.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
So sleeepy zzzZZzzDzzz....
H.E.A.D.A.C.H.E.S.

Augh. I actually finally dragged my butt to the eye doctor and got glasses because of how many eye strain headaches I was getting.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
Dear burbuja0512,

Studying, all the time, has allowed a very skinny and tall guy like me gain a little weight. I am happy to inform you that I am now longer being trampled upon by people when I turn sideways (I'm getting a little thicker :roflol: ). I believe this sleight weight gain has been caused by the added stress of constantly studying, my increased use of computer, dealing with the customer service departments of Many Many colleges (very frustrating), and possibly my own laziness :o . Weight gain is no snickering issue (I'm not making fun of you), and that is why I'm now scheduling time into my busy days to exercise. This also gives a time for my already fragile brain to rest. More (good) sleep, better foods (no trans fats, caffeine, white bread, soft drinks...ok I'll stop), and adding more stress relieving exercises will help curb those extra pounds. My skinny days of being trampled will be coming back. Happy day.

Sincerely,
Dr. Harry Bonehead
rossatkinson Wrote:Dear burbuja0512,

Studying, all the time, has allowed a very skinny and tall guy like me gain a little weight. I am happy to inform you that I am now longer being trampled upon by people when I turn sideways (I'm getting a little thicker :roflol: ). I believe this sleight weight gain has been caused by the added stress of constantly studying, my increased use of computer, dealing with the customer service departments of Many Many colleges (very frustrating), and possibly my own laziness :o . Weight gain is no snickering issue (I'm not making fun of you), and that is why I'm now scheduling time into my busy days to exercise. This also gives a time for my already fragile brain to rest. More (good) sleep, better foods (no trans fats, caffeine, white bread, soft drinks...ok I'll stop), and adding more stress relieving exercises will help curb those extra pounds. My skinny days of being trampled will be coming back. Happy day.

Sincerely,
Dr. Harry Bonehead

ROFLMAO. :roflol:

LOL did my post come across as a little vain? Hmmmm... well, maybe just a little, but weight gain could be considered a serious side effect of studying. ha ha I guess I didn't hit the "freshman 15," so I shouldn't complain. lol

I'm just glad I caught it before starting graduate school! Wink
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Hmm werid, I have lost 25 pounds since December, and studying like CRAZY. But then again, I go to the gym 6 times a week for two hours >.<

P.S: I don't have a job that's why. Haha. Sad

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I think a person's weight could go either way (gain or loss). It all has to do with their reaction to stress. Although sitting around all day, whether on the computer or just reading books, could add to your weight gain. I think it really just comes down to how the each person handles their stress, anxiety, etc. JMHO
My biggest drawback to studying is the fact that I am now working less hours than a few months ago. Since I am paid an hourly wage, less hours equals less money.

From July 2010 until February 2011 I worked two jobs. Both jobs consisted of 12-hour night shifts from 6pm to 6:30am as a floor nurse at two different healthcare facilities. I worked a minimum of 60 hours per week, and sometimes I would accumulate 84+ hours per week when I'd work seven of these 12-hour shifts in a row. Since I am single with no kids, a small mortgage, no car payments, and only a small amount of student loan debt, I was able to save a nice amount of money in those seven months of working two jobs.

However, I decided that working all those hours would be unhealthy in the long run, so I resigned from one job. I have less cash flow, but I am enjoying my days off and I now have plenty of free time to study and pursue my education.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know you've been studying too much when... rachel83az 4 930 08-31-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Perfect Studying Website? DefaultUser 20 3,367 07-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: adrianeraldo
  Excited to be studying for CLEPs again! ryoder 24 3,239 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  To Really Learn, Quit Studying and Take a Test motuterry 4 1,755 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  iphone Apps for studying? greathomes 5 1,889 11-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Last Post: daniellevine
  Comic Relief for those studying Rise and Fall of Soviet Union beckysharp 0 1,832 05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Last Post: beckysharp