Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some advice please!
Hi,

I'm new, so I apologize for not posting in the right forum. I am a CC student currently. I have about 61 credits, but now AS. I was studying pre-nursing, but I have since decided I would not like nursing. I am not really a people person and I would be disgusted if I had to clean a wound or bodily fluids. Anyway, I thought about CS. I know a few ppl who are in it CS programs. There aren't many women in STEM, so I thought this would give me a competitive advantage in the job market. I have a great GPA, in the honors program, and part of PTK. I would like to transfer my credits to TESU (NJ resident). I looked at other online universities like SNHU and Wilmington University (no for-profits). My advisor said I should take some computer classes at cc and then transfer. So, should I go the TESU route and just transfer everything? I attached my eval. Thanks!!!

Attached Files
.png   Less than 1 minute ago">gpa.png (Size: 4.79 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">eval.jpg (Size: 20 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">eval2.jpg (Size: 19.74 KB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">eval3.jpg (Size: 21.04 KB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">other_courses.jpg (Size: 12.36 KB / Downloads: 1)
I'm not an expert on the nuances of Computer Science degrees, but here are the courses that I could see you had completed on the eval.

ENC 101 English Composition I 3
ENC 102 English Composition II 3
MTH 111 Intro to Statistics 3
BIO 111 Biology I 4
BIO 221 Microbiology 4
PSY 101 Basic Psychology 3
PSY 109 Developmental Psychology 3
SOC 101 Intro to Sociology 3
HIS 101 Honors World Civilization I 3
PHIL 232 Biomedical Ethics 3
CSC 101 Computer Literacy 3
HEA 120 Medical Terminology 3
ECO 101 Macroeconomics 3
MGT 101 Intro to Business 3
ENG 271 Honors World Lit 3
MTH 112 Intro to Statistics II 3
MTH-123 Precalculus Mathematics 4

I'm only coming up with 54 credits on that, so I'm not sure what I missed. You have a lot of great general ed credits there, and well done you for PTK.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
TESU will only accept up to 80 semester credits from CC. Courses from CC are considered lower level so if the program you are looking at requires upper level credits those can't come from CC. What computer science program are you looking at?
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Add the Intro to Nutrition course that KayV missed, and I get 57 credits. Not sure where the other 4 are?

Anyway, I'm not sure if you looked the TESU's BA in CS degree, but it is not able to be tested out of. You are going to have to find 5 courses from the list they give that are UL - so either from TESU ($1500/course) or your local 4-yr university, or somewhere else.

You are close to having all of your GE requirements met, but you need to take Public Speaking, American Government, and something that meets the Info Lit requirement (probably either World Religions, A&I Lit, or Tech Writing). Unless TESU will count your World Lit course in that spot, in which case you would just need a GE Elective.

You also have several requirements that can't be found via the forum, but there are some courses that you CAN find on here as well (Intro to Computer Science, Calc I & II).

I'm not sure if these courses will count towards the Area of Study, but if they did, those would be inexpensive options:
Management Info Systems (CIS-301) either as a DSST or Davar Academy
Fund. of Cybersecurity (CIS-344) DSST
Info Systems & Computer Apps (CIS-102) CLEP or Study.com
Intro to Computing & Program Design TorCollegeCredit.com
Any of the computer courses through CSU-Global

Those are all I've got, and I'm pretty sure most won't meet the CS requirements. So you should always check before you take any of those to make sure they will count.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">NixonSinclair TESU 2016 BA CS.xlsx (Size: 43.13 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:TESU ($1500/course)

As a NJ resident she'll save some money on tuition, but not much. $1155/3cr course.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Whoops, i forgot to count Intermediate Alg (4 cred). Besides, that you have listed everything on my eval. And thank you!
And the BACS @ TESU just bc they accept 80 credits like swalke321 said. Thanks for all your answers I appreciate it!!
Some of the CS requirements can be completed at CC but you have to have 15 credits of UL courses that cannot come from CC. TESU tends to be weird about what will count as CS courses for the BACS degree so check with an advisor before taking any CS courses.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,153 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU Degree plan - advice needed please Tripletmom 9 2,129 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Tripletmom
  Help! Advice needed! TESU enrollment expiring. Lewis.Yim 15 4,409 05-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: sheptr
  Looking for advice about finishing my degree needdegree123 20 3,015 05-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie seeking advice please AJ127 4 1,679 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: AJ127
  Canadian Looking for Degree Advice Dr. Canuck 14 3,169 04-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice on TESU degree plan Tripletmom 1 1,056 04-02-2018, 11:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree Completion Advice ChasingDegrees 6 1,928 03-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Advice about TESU (Expiring soon) BigDad92 7 1,865 02-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: scaffdog