Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capella FlexPath or Walden Tempo
Doing some research between these two. 
I’ve checked other threads and still trying to make a choice. 

Capella allows 12 graduate credits transferred whereas Walden allows 15 graduate credits.

1. What’s more reputable?
  2. Can these be completed quickly to save on cost? 
Your input would be appreciated. 
What’s more reputable
1. While both are regionally accredited (they are legitimate schools), Both are for profit, so in terms of reputation that puts them at the bottom of the pile..

2. If you look in the forum history there are people here that did a couple of courses at Walden, from my recollection they were able to accelerate.

3. You should definitively look at wgu if you are in the US. There are a couple of others depending on the degree you are looking for..

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(11-09-2019, 07:23 PM)posabsolute Wrote: 1. While both are regionally accredited (they are legitimate schools), Both are for profit, so in terms of reputation that puts them at the bottom of the pile..

2. If you look in the forum history there are people here that did a couple of courses at Walden, from my recollection they were able to accelerate.

3. You should definitively look at wgu if you are in the US. There are a couple of others depending on the degree you are looking for..

What’s the hype of WGU. Everyone keeps recommending it. I know it’s cheaper but why is it super recommended? Is it easier or quicker to complete?
It can be cheaper/quicker depending on your approach, and it's not a for-profit school.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-09-2019, 11:27 PM)reyarl884 Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 07:23 PM)posabsolute Wrote: 1. While both are regionally accredited (they are legitimate schools), Both are for profit, so in terms of reputation that puts them at the bottom of the pile..

What’s the hype of WGU. Everyone keeps recommending it. I know it’s cheaper but why is it super recommended? Is it easier or quicker to complete?

WGU checks more of the boxes.
The Big 3 and WGU are the schools I recommend adults who are working full time or have kids.
There are a few threads where people aren't happy with WGU, it's all personal preference.
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-of-sorts
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Walden is also a certified benefit corporation (B-corp). This is a big deal in the world of social enterprise because finances are being checked by a third party to make sure they are meeting standards for social good over just profits for shareholders. In many states no filing type exists for the state specifically for social enterprises, so both for-profits and non-profits will setup an LLC with B-corp certification. So many non-profits struggle these days and often lose moment due to the boards unlike for-profits which tend to make faster decisions.
Capella has more name recognition, which could be good or bad. I chose Walden because it is a B-Corp and teaches many classes on social enterprise which after years of working non-profits I see the value in and wanted to focus my degree concentration on.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(11-10-2019, 08:42 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Walden is also a certified benefit corporation (B-corp). This is a big deal in the world of social enterprise because finances are being checked by a third party to make sure they are meeting standards for social good over just profits for shareholders. In many states no filing type exists for the state specifically for social enterprises, so both for-profits and non-profits will setup an LLC with B-corp certification. So many non-profits struggle these days and often lose moment due to the boards unlike for-profits which tend to make faster decisions.
Capella has more name recognition, which could be good or bad. I chose Walden because it is a B-Corp and teaches many classes on social enterprise which after years of working non-profits I see the value in and wanted to focus my degree concentration on.
Capella accepts 12 units (3 classes) 
vs Walden (15 units 5 classes)

Making Capella 11-3 classes = 8 classes to take
Walden = 9 or 8 classes left 

I’ll end up taking lesser... WGU is too complicated for my case... 

Would not this save me money?
Do you already have graduate credits that will meet the requirements for Walden or Capella?

Also, I'm confused what you mean by WGU being too complicated. It's far simpler than what you're attempting here
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Also it's not cheaper just because you'd have less classes. The flat rate per time is cheaper at WGU, unless something has changed at capella/walden
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,156 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,432 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 936 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,145 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 919 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,092 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  $3000 Grant MBA for Walden Tempo SweetSecret 8 1,179 08-06-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Vle045
Question Walden Tempo MHRM AnnaAK 3 929 03-10-2022, 12:18 PM