Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DSSTs now available online for EVERYONE
@SweetSecret, I'm not sure if the corrections center allows audio books or usage of computers, they can access the local library system and review books or borrow the physical copy of CLEP/AP/DSST prep material. Another option is to just borrow them from that library closest to them, having a physical copy might be better so they can write notes and that will allow them to recall the material more...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-29-2022, 04:48 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: I was specifically thinking anything I might be able to convince the local corrections center to give inmates access too, which is why free would be good. What about inexpensive books that could be sent from Amazon?

I have used many free lectures, the Gutenburge project https://www.gutenberg.org/ and more. Youtube is also a free resource, along with material from all of the other free MOOC sights. Also, you should be able to access the library. DSST can be done using only free material, books, and websites.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Can I take this online exam in Canada?
Thank you, everyone! Our local corrections center has tablets for inmates, so it's a matter of seeing if they could get access to the internet, be sent the PDFs, or convert the PDFs to JPEG. I'm not sure what all is in their library or how often they get access to it. They are so strict here though that now they can't even get actual mail and everything is being photocopied and sent digitally, so I doubt they would allow library books on an interlibrary loan... sadly.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
https://www.dantestestprep.com/free-study-guides - So you know generally what you should be studying.

https://openstax.org/subjects - Free, open-source textbooks on a variety of subjects. Good for at least Astronomy & Org. Behavior DSSTs. Possibly more, but I'm not overly familiar with all of the DSSTs available.

https://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks - Even more free textbooks. It might be difficult to match DSST to book simply because there are so many textbooks available.

https://www.oercommons.org/hubs/open-textbooks - I think this is similar to the UMN link above, except this one seems to be better designed/organized. The search engine seems to work better, but there are so many books that matching them up could be a challenge.

Actually, this could be a good page for the wiki. There are plenty of students out there who would like to study "on the go", offline, for various reasons. Now that DSSTs are online and available "to all", having suggested reading material could be helpful.

(10-31-2022, 03:17 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Thank you, everyone! Our local corrections center has tablets for inmates, so it's a matter of seeing if they could get access to the internet, be sent the PDFs, or convert the PDFs to JPEG. I'm not sure what all is in their library or how often they get access to it. They are so strict here though that now they can't even get actual mail and everything is being photocopied and sent digitally, so I doubt they would allow library books on an interlibrary loan... sadly.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/DS...mendations Basic page template started. I'm pretty sure it's missing a few exams. Anyone should feel free to add to the page.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • graduatesoon
(10-31-2022, 04:26 AM)rachel83az Wrote: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/DS...mendations Basic page template started. I'm pretty sure it's missing a few exams. Anyone should feel free to add to the page.

I added the remaining exams and their categories.

Not sure how much the exams have changed since June 2018, but the website also has a PDF containing every exam's fact sheet (exam information and outline, ACE credit recommendation, sample questions, and suggested textbooks): https://getcollegecredit.com/assets/Comb...r73018.pdf
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 3 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • graduatesoon, origamishuttle, rachel83az
Wow this is welcome news though it comes too little too late to be of benefit for me. I remember in 2020 there was a few dssts I would have liked to take for transfer in to WGU but there weren't any local testing options at the time with the lockdowns.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-31-2022, 04:26 AM)rachel83az Wrote: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/DS...mendations Basic page template started. I'm pretty sure it's missing a few exams. Anyone should feel free to add to the page.

The list of exams, sorted by category, isn't quite what most schools bring these in as (just from 12+ years of experience including seeing thousands of Evals from TESU, a few hundred from EU, and then dozens from other schools like WGU, UMPI, SNHU, Pierpont, etc.):

Business Ethics & Society - usually an Ethics/Humanities course
Computing & Info Tech - usually a Tech course
MIS - usually a Tech course, although might work for some degrees in business core
Money & Banking - usually an Econ course - and it's still UL
Personal Finance - almost never considered a Business course

Principles of Public Speaking is UL via ACE

Health & Human Development - never seen it come in as a science anywhere (either SocSci or Free Elective/Health)

Art of the Western World - usually a Humanities course
Foundations of Eduction - usually a Free Elective

All of the history courses - depends on whether the school considers history a SocSci or Humanities

Tech Writing - generally considered a Humanities course
Fund of Cybersecurity - UL per ACE
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
Today I took the DSST in Organizational Behavior and the testing went well. However, I had to use around 30 minutes to get set up with pre-screening, just to get to the proctor. Now it will go much faster next since I fully understand the rules better. 

My advice would be as follows:

1. Plan for 30 minutes of pre-screening for your first time online.
2. Leave all of your pockets empty
3. Don't expect them to be on time. Yes it's $100 and they most likely will be late.
4. I had zero issues with the proctor and only pre-screening took time.
5. Still 100 questions and the report from prometric was additional information.

I still have not seen the test show up on my DSST account so hopefully, it's not something different.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Prometric owns DSST, and their name is on the testing software for in-person testing. I've never used ProProctor.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online proctoring: Does anyone even pay attention? studyingfortests 21 4,703 11-02-2023, 12:39 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Have you used online proctoring for CLEP? sgloer 14 6,466 06-19-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: virino
  Online CLEP (proctoring) katsiki 9 2,000 06-17-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Updated UExcel online exams list rachel83az 15 2,872 03-22-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Do mobile and online instantcert flashcards sync? will1030 0 1,024 09-26-2020, 12:39 PM
Last Post: will1030
  ACT online testing for ACE credits??? nomaduser 15 3,054 09-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Online proctored DSST exams nomaduser 11 3,812 09-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  UExcel Online Cofffeee 2 1,011 07-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  DSST Transcript Ordering Now Available Online sanantone 7 1,866 10-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Last Post: dfrecore