Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enrolled Option Gone From the Tuition Comparison Chart
Old Guy Wrote:So they have essentially forsaken everything that made themselves appealing. The big three should have never been allowed to teach courses. I suspect greed and empire building overcame them. Instead of 1 of 3 gems, they are becoming 1 of 3,000 mediocre nothings.

Offering courses is a requirement to be considered a school and become accredited.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Old Guy Wrote:So they have essentially forsaken everything that made themselves appealing. The big three should have never been allowed to teach courses. I suspect greed and empire building overcame them. Instead of 1 of 3 gems, they are becoming 1 of 3,000 mediocre nothings.

They changed some things that made them appealing to US, but since the vast majority of their students do NOT bring in 120 credits, I don't think they probably care much.

The big three are SCHOOLS, how would they be that if they didn't teach classes??? They were teaching classes before they became "the big 3."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
How does one become "enrolled" under the per tuition plan? Before the change I was planning on applying in June and was told that I would become enrolled after I signed up for my first TECEP. I now plan on applying in April to avoid the cornerstone requirement. Will I be considered enrolled after I sign up for a TECEP even if the exam is scheduled for a later date?
I'm also wondering how one becomes enrolled under the new Per Credit Tuition Plan. Would they accept registration in a course or payment of the waiver fee?

I swear that if TESU tries to apply these changes retroactively, I will complain to every applicable government agency. I will even sue. We could possibly file a class action lawsuit that will scare them into honoring their contract with the students.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Try transferring somewhere else and you'll see how worthless ACE, CLEP, and DSST credits are outside of the big three. If you have nontraditional credits, be prepared for most or all of it to count for zero. You'll need to meet residency requirements that are a lot more difficult to meet. And tuition is often sky high compared to the new rates at the big three. Go over to your local community college and try to transfer ALEKS or other ACE approved courses. You're very likely to get ZERO and have to retake those math courses if you refuse to take a placement test. After you look for greener pastures, you will be back here again.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
I still think they're pretty awesome. When they stop accepting ACE, CLEP, etc., then that'll be a game changer. Still the best way to get a BS, and it's from an accredited school, and still cheap.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
ftsfour1 Wrote:Yes, you do now need the cornerstone 1 credit course for $300.00, but I don't believe there is a gpa requirement unless you're going to pursue a master's at some point.

Can someone confirm this, regarding the GPA requirement? Is there not one for AS/AA or BS/BA? The difference between that being true or false is now a $500 question, at least.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:Can someone confirm this, regarding the GPA requirement? Is there not one for AS/AA or BS/BA? The difference between that being true or false is now a $500 question, at least.

In the past there was no gpa requirement but TESU has been making a lot of changes, not sure what the current policy is. I thought it was a bit strange at first, but I graduated with an AAS degree and no gpa.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
alzee Wrote:Can someone confirm this, regarding the GPA requirement? Is there not one for AS/AA or BS/BA? The difference between that being true or false is now a $500 question, at least.

I've never heard of a GPA requirement at TESU, and I've been around for about 4 years now. They have a GPA requirement that you have to meet to bring in credits (a 2.0), but you don't have to GET a GPA through a course with them. I haven't taken anything except TECEP's and I show a GPA being met from all of my previous stuff (3 different colleges). I will graduate from there with no GPA at all.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I've never heard of a GPA requirement at TESU, and I've been around for about 4 years now. They have a GPA requirement that you have to meet to bring in credits (a 2.0), but you don't have to GET a GPA through a course with them. I haven't taken anything except TECEP's and I show a GPA being met from all of my previous stuff (3 different colleges). I will graduate from there with no GPA at all.

Do your grades from the previous colleges show on your TESU transcript or do they just show "T" for transfer? I'm assuming they won't use the grades to calculate a GPA, just wondering if they at least show up on the transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,060 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,746 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,997 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  TESU ASBA Open course option Mab81 3 1,472 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount mrshill818 27 7,550 02-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior 117 Transfer Bachelor Option harrypotter 2 1,515 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  So i enrolled into the lib 495 capstone Chef945 6 1,849 10-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chef945
  Only pursuing AA, best option for Big 3? walkingbyfaith 11 2,916 08-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: walkingbyfaith
  Tesu and Enrolled status for loan deferment Laddibugg 5 1,007 07-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Laddibugg
  Option(s) for replacing TESU CIS-107 (Computer Concepts and Applications) allvia 8 3,045 04-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Last Post: keepsingin