Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to the wiki?
(07-17-2018, 09:46 PM)jsd Wrote: The original wikia wiki is back. haven't heard why it was gone or how it came back, but it's back

Sure be nice if the admins would communicate. Otherwise, we have to wonder if it's going to disappear again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I sent them a message yesterday asking what was going on. This is their response.

"Hey there,

Thanks for contacting FANDOM Support. The wiki was closed to some long-term inactivity and some concerns about the topic - particularly that it's so strongly connected to (and linking to) degreeforum.net, stopping a local community from being able to form.

We reopened it temporarily to give it further review, but our concerns about the topic remain - so it has been closed again.

We've noticed that you've already set up a new wiki elsewhere to continue it (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-the-wiki), which is fine - and we wish you luck with that.

If you are still missing the page histories, and want to restore them, I believe you should be able to get the latest database dump via this URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/wikia_xml_dumps/...ull.xml.7z

I hope this helps, and best regards,"

But the wiki is still up as of this writing.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
So basically, they don't want wikis that are linked to existing communities? Good luck with that.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

lol, stupid.

i guess we'll just keep on keeping on with the new wiki, which doesn't have a bunch of ads everywhere anyway.

we should get the stickies updated on the main board.

I was able to import all of the history this time as well. it was timing out on me before, but this time went through fine.

Should I make a new thread that is more appropriate for the mods to sticky? Is rebel the only mod that is around these days? I don't hear too much from them (though i'm sure they're busy behind the scenes)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Life_One
That's great! We should just keep the New Wiki instead of using the old one, it's faster and has no ads! Yay!
Good job! Let's update the thread links to point to the new site now. I'm going to post to the two sticky threads.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • Life_One
(07-18-2018, 05:47 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: That's great!  We should just keep the New Wiki instead of using the old one, it's faster and has no ads!  Yay!
Good job!  Let's update the thread links to point to the new site now.  I'm going to post to the two sticky threads.

Sticking with the new wiki sounds better given Fandom's response. Plus faster and lack of ads is better too. Smile

Just as long as multiple people have admin access, in case something like this happens again.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Multiple people (including me) had admin access to the old wiki and we’ll do that again with this new one... but Fandom didn’t tell any of the admins about this before killing the old one (unless dcan heard something)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(07-18-2018, 09:18 PM)jsd Wrote: Multiple people (including me) had admin access to the old wiki and we’ll do that again with this new one... but Fandom didn’t tell any of the admins about this before killing the old one (unless dcan heard something)

I knew that, but what I was getting at was that Fandom has to have sent someone a notification before (or at the same time) they cut access to the wiki.

I've run or helped manage several community sites, and in my experience, there is almost always a primary admin account (often the one who originally set up the site) that "owns" the site and gets all the important admin notices. People with normal admin privileges usually don't get the emails. I recommend making sure that multiple people have access to THAT account. I also recommend that the email address for it it is tied to an email distribution list, so when important emails come in, they go out to everyone. At least that is what I've always done, at least when a site is managed by multiple people.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
It would also be nice if the DegreeForum admins would be willing to put a link to the wiki on the site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have the audits for September graduation (TESU) happened yet? leland.kirk 6 1,959 08-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,818 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU BS LDAS - What happened to it? Lewis.Yim 1 1,267 08-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  I added a TESU Capstone page to the wiki dcan 10 5,827 09-12-2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: studiousimp
  BSBA Accounting - TESU - Wiki Synicaal 7 1,984 03-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: jsd
  http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/The_Basic_Approach celinehoran 2 863 11-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  New degree plan on the wiki - TESC ASBA alzee 18 1,761 04-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: alzee
  The FUNNIEST thing happened to me...RE: Charter Oak's Credential Evaluation Program soliloquy 32 2,597 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  TESC-Has this happened to anyone else? annegirl 2 939 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Last Post: annegirl