Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior liberal arts and Tesu Business admin !
Hello everyone! Is it possible to get a liberal arts degree from excelsior and a business admin management degree from TESU(bachelors for both) . Are these degrees to similar that it would cause a problem ?
Why?

Just get the BSBA. Don't get an unnecessary generic degree on top of a specific major, there's zero added value.

Save your money and effort for the Masters after your BSBA
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • LevelUP
You actually would have the opposite problem, the two degrees don't have much in common at all since business courses are not liberal arts. You'd end up doing a lot of extra credits for the second degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Why? Why would you want to pay that much for 2 bachelor's degrees? Multiple capstones at different schools too. There's not much overlap between business and lib arts either so that would be a lot of extra courses. If you already have a ton of lib arts credits, that's one thing. If you really want both, then do both at the same school to help reduce your costs.
If you really want both for whatever reason, I'd suggest going to UMPI and doing them there. Doing a BLS and a BABA at UMPI would be cheaper, and quite possibly faster, than doing a BALS and a BSBA at two different universities. But if you're sure you want a Business degree, skip the Liberal Studies degree. The Liberal Studies degree won't have as much value/worth once you've gotten a Business degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
@jakill2, I think you should hold your thoughts for a moment and explain what you're trying to do and what you have done already... If my guess is correct, you're complete with the Associates at Excelsior and want to ladder that up to the Bachelors, then get a Business degree. You can go for the MBA at HAU instead of completing the BSBA, they just require you to complete pre-requisites and you can do that using alternative education courses for transfer into Excelsior. It would look like this, Excelsior for undergrad and HAU/WGU for MBA or whichever provider you want to go with, maybe even an UMPI MAOL or WGU MSML as that's another inexpensive alternative to the MBA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hmmm. Thank you for the reply everyone. I really don’t have a true reason for wanting a business degree other than it complimenting the liberal arts degree on paper. I guess I do want a second degree and I figured business would just be an easy degree to finish up. I can probably look into cyber security at Excelsior. The reason for another school is that I’ve heard it’s a bit odd to get two bachelors from the same school but honestly don’t know how true that is

Also I’d like to add that I am about to finish my liberal arts degree at Excelsior. I only have three courses left and will graduate by august this year. So it may be too late to change to a business degree. Having said that, my work pays for my degree at Excelsior and liberal arts was the closest they had to what I enjoy (history, political science). I originally wanted a degree just bc I enjoyed it but I don’t know if a Liberal Arts degree is enough to do something in management . I may take a step back and rethink my plans , a business degree would be nice but maybe cyber security would be a better move
(04-09-2023, 01:07 PM)jakill2 Wrote: Hmmm. Thank you for the reply everyone. I really don’t have a true reason for wanting a business degree other than it complimenting the liberal arts degree on paper. I guess I do want a second degree and I figured business would just be an easy degree to finish up. I can probably look into cyber security at Excelsior. The reason for another school is that I’ve heard it’s a bit odd to get two bachelors from the same school but honestly don’t know how true that is

Also I’d like to add that I am about to finish my liberal arts degree at Excelsior. I only have three courses left and will graduate by august this year. So it may be too late to change to a business degree. Having said that, my work pays for my degree at Excelsior and liberal arts was the closest they had to what I enjoy (history, political science). I originally wanted a degree just bc I enjoyed it but I don’t know if a Liberal Arts degree is enough to do something in management . I may take a step back and rethink my plans , a business degree would be nice but maybe cyber security would be a better move

I would not get a Cybersec degree from Excelsior, just because it's pricy and will take too long.  So, if you're thinking about getting a Business degree, get it at UMPI; if you're thinking Cybersec, get it at WGU.  Or better yet, get a Business/IT degree from WGU (a BSBA in IT Management) - it's the best of both worlds.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 3 102 Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Last Post: abriden
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 371 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 448 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,010 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 772 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 316 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 224 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,361 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 440 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,194 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM