Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest method for AS Generals?
(02-26-2020, 01:08 PM)allvia Wrote: You might want to read the fine print - the Penn Foster $49 a month is a payment plan, not an all inclusive competency like WGU (do as much as you can in a set amount of time); Penn Foster still charges per credit

Penn Foster charges a flat tuition per semester ($1259 full-pay, $1499 with auto-pay or $1549 with mail payments). The $49 (or $59 as their website says) a month is a payment plan, but I think we need to pay the full amount by the end of semester to be able to advance to next semester.
(02-26-2020, 02:05 PM)msganti Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 01:08 PM)allvia Wrote: You might want to read the fine print - the Penn Foster $49 a month is a payment plan, not an all inclusive competency like WGU (do as much as you can in a set amount of time); Penn Foster still charges per credit

Penn Foster charges a flat tuition per semester ($1259 full-pay, $1499 with auto-pay or $1549 with mail payments). The $49 (or $59 as their website says) a month is a payment plan, but I think we need to pay the full amount by the end of semester to be able to advance to next semester.

Either way works for me. This AS Industrial Electronics will be extremely useful to me. Hopefully my work can flip the bill by then. If not, $1200ish isn't two bad to make three payments of $300.

My biggest concerns is how fast the Penn Foster courses are vs. SL/Study.com/Schmoop. My second big concern is whether getting the AS will clear the 42 GE credits at WGU or not. I'll use Study & SL for certain if that is the case.

Just curious msganti, are you or have you done Penn Foster? I'd definitely like someones brain to pick.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Penn Foster courses are self-paced. Basically you complete some assignments, make some forum posts, take some assessments and take the final exam (could be proctored). I don't know about college but when I was in their high school, the turn around for assignments was pretty fast - usually within a day. They also have a friendly academic support that you can contact and talk to a human.
About credit transfer, WGU is known to be generous in credit transfer, and Penn Foster lists WGU as one of the schools that accept their credits:
https://www.pennfostercollegeintl.com/in...redit.html

Worst case scenario, the Penn Foster courses that are ACE approved will be transferred to WGU. You may ask Penn Foster for a list of ACE approved courses that are in this degree.
(02-26-2020, 02:43 PM)xicovu Wrote:

Either way works for me. This AS Industrial Electronics will be extremely useful to me. Hopefully my work can flip the bill by then. If not, $1200ish isn't two bad to make three payments of $300.

My biggest concerns is how fast the Penn Foster courses are vs. SL/Study.com/Schmoop. My second big concern is whether getting the AS will clear the 42 GE credits at WGU or not. I'll use Study & SL for certain if that is the case.

Just curious msganti, are you or have you done Penn Foster? I'd definitely like someones brain to pick.
Here's the WGU BSIT course transfer info I mentioned in our discussion (you may have to switch to "PC view" to get it to work on mobile devices - I do):

https://partners.wgu.edu/transferguidelines
(02-26-2020, 05:50 PM)terryd5150 Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 02:43 PM)xicovu Wrote:

Here's the WGU BSIT course transfer info I mentioned in our discussion (you may have to switch to "PC view" to get it to work on mobile devices - I do):

https://partners.wgu.edu/transferguidelines

The transfer guide is definelty going to be how I line this up. Once I can get a solid awnser that the AS Electronics will clear the GE requirements I'll know if I need to SD/SL/Saylor everything. The way I'm stacking my certs to transfer, the UL courses and the LL will basically be the same cert. Like the two database I would do MTA Database & Querying SQL 2014. Exact same material, but the MTA is super easy. The CompTIAs are easy as can be. So basically I have to study Front-end web development to get the BS degree.

[quote pid='303872' dateline='1582746234']

[/quote]
I completed my high school from Penn Foster, and I am very happy with them. I joined their AS program (in CIS) but had to discontinue before I could complete the first course,  as I was busy at that time in my work.
FYI - Penn Foster recently bough Ashworth college.
(03-02-2020, 02:28 PM)msganti Wrote: [quote pid='303872' dateline='1582746234']

I completed my high school from Penn Foster, and I am very happy with them. I joined their AS program (in CIS) but had to discontinue before I could complete the first course,  as I was busy at that time in my work.
[/quote]I kind of wonder since they bought Ashworth would they try to get some of their courses evaluated by ACE also.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(03-02-2020, 04:03 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 02:28 PM)msganti Wrote: [quote pid='303872' dateline='1582746234']

I kind of wonder since they bought Ashworth would they try to get some of their courses evaluated by ACE also.
[/quote]

I've enrolled in the AS Industrial Electronics & Electrical for super cheap ($6k in total) and I've found the material to be suprisingly high quality. They write much of there own. I rate it as good or better than SNHU & WGU content wise. Electrical jobs do not care if it is DEAC as most programs are anyways. I can also transfer it pretty cleanly to the BSEET at Grantham that is also NA DEAC, but certified by ABET which is for engineering programs.

I'd like to transfer the BSEET to a regional Master's program to "cancel out" the lack of RA. Having one RA+ABET should work I think. If anyone has any good recommendation for transfer under $20-20K it would be awesome.

xicovu, if possible, try to complete as many ACE credits for any electives you have for the AS at Penn Foster. I've updated a post to one of your threads: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid304742
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest Sophia courses Vle045 10 5,060 04-26-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  Fastest platform for three courses warriorlawyer 13 2,246 12-24-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Fastest/Cheapest way to obtain college credit for CPA License (Massachusetts) Fastestwaytopcpa 1 894 10-18-2022, 11:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 4,815 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Has anyone finished Saylor classes quickly? If so what is your go-to study method? theglassboxman 21 3,791 04-04-2022, 05:22 AM
Last Post: jch
  Fastest Sophia Classes ? yellow_gambit 11 5,292 10-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  Comprehensive list of fastest/easiest general elective / liberal arts credits studyingfortests 4 1,341 08-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Fastest, Cheapest Way to Get Credits on Transcript sanantone 12 2,097 08-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Sophia Eng Comp 2 - fastest turn around on graded assignment? yokopilar 7 2,010 05-06-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Which Shmoop are fastest? bethanyneedsajob 5 1,536 08-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77