Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
GRE Subject Tests
I wrote to Excelsior in 2011 regarding using GRE, their response below.
Hello Tony,
Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting GRE examinations as college credit.
If you have additional questions please feel free to respond back to this e-mail.
Sincerely,
Toni-Ann Funk
Admissions Counselor
With the last comment there from a year ago, I think only COSC from the Big 3 will allow GRE credits.
I would assume other colleges/universities may as well, just that the transfer limit may be lesser.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:...I would assume other colleges/universities may as well, just that the transfer limit may be lesser.

Terrible assumption. Please read the previous posts in this thread before adding to it please. Don't mislead people.
I would also be very interested in this since I'm going to be taking the GRE soon.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
According to this document, scoring above the 40th percentile will award you 24 credits at COSC: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...m-list.pdf

Correction: it depends on the subject: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics, get 24 credits. Literature in English, and Psychology only get 18 credits. Unfortunately, it doesn't list the specific classes that they are transferred in as nor the breakdown between lower and upper level credit, so it's impossible to determine from this document regarding how much overlap would be included with other testing and credit sources.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(12-16-2018, 08:27 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: According to this document, scoring above the 40th percentile will award you 24 credits at COSC: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...m-list.pdf

Correction: it depends on the subject: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics, get 24 credits. Literature in English, and Psychology only get 18 credits. Unfortunately, it doesn't list the specific classes that they are transferred in as nor the breakdown between lower and upper level credit, so it's impossible to determine from this document regarding how much overlap would be included with other testing and credit sources.

THAT is the list I'd like to see. I don't think it exists in this forum, and if it's not here, it's not public.
I had a chat with charter oak on what courses are cover by taking the gre.

Alram
12:28 pm
Is there here a list of specific courses that the GRE exams cover? For instance the biology gre covers BIO 2xxx X 5 and 4xxx X 3 to cover the 24 credits.

Bob
I can't tell you exactly how the GRE in Biology applies, it leaves you needing 6 more upper level credits including at least one lab.

Alram
Right. The list would make it easier to plan out your courses. Biology was just an example.

Bob
We don't assign those credits to specific course, but rather use it with other BIO courses you may have.

Alram
It stop you for duplicating courses if there were a a list
Bob
You would work out the details with an academic advisor once enrolled.
END

So there may be a list that is available after your enrolled
CLEP
Natural Sciences -Social Sciences -US History I -Intro Psychology -Human Growth and Development -Humanities -A&I Lit -College Math
DSST
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Ethics in America -Business Ethics and Society -Technical Writing -Substance Abuse
ECE
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Labor Relations -Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -Abnormal Psychology -Social Psychology -Foundations of Gerontology-Research Methods in Psychology-Contemporary Mathematics
Kaplan
Prior Learning Assessment
(12-24-2018, 12:59 PM)alram Wrote: I had a chat with charter oak on what courses are cover by taking the gre.

Alram
Is there here a list of specific courses that the GRE exams cover? For instance the biology gre covers BIO 2xxx X 5 and 4xxx X 3 to cover the 24 credits.

Bob
I can't tell you exactly how the GRE in Biology applies, it leaves you needing 6 more upper level credits including at least one lab.

Alram
Right. The list would make it easier to plan out your courses. Biology was just an example.

Bob
We don't assign those credits to specific course, but rather use it with other BIO courses you may have.

Alram
Bob
END

Sigh.... yeah. I don't think there is a list. So, I guess we'll have to wait for Vetvso to share his transcript. Smile
(12-24-2018, 08:53 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 12:59 PM)alram Wrote: I had a chat with charter oak on what courses are cover by taking the gre.

Alram

Bob

Alram

Bob

Alram
Bob
END

Sigh.... yeah.  I don't think there is a list.  So, I guess we'll have to wait for Vetvso to share his transcript.  Smile

I will consider taking the GRE in February and transfer into Charter Oak if I pass. I'm not required to have the GRE but I want to take it anyway. I'm thinking a prep course would be really good to have.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IT and Privacy Pro Tests Ashenwelt 13 2,561 02-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Last Post: jsd