Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help, Please. Testing Out and Information Overload
I was going to take this on almost 3 years ago, but more children and a stay at home wife have really hindered my progress. In fact, I've made zero progress. After a lengthy discussion with my wife, I've crafted a schedule which will give me between 4-8 hours a day to dedicate to testing out as much as possible and completing a BSBA (Marketing) from TESU. 

Work (8 hours)
Sleep (6 hours) 
Family/Study (10 hours)... Sadly I feel this will be heavily slanted towards study, so my goal is to move as quickly as possible.

That will be my life for the balance of 2019. Ideally, I would love to enroll in TESU's Capstone & Cornerstone classes by May (to be eligible for September grad), but the odds feel slightly stacked against me.

With all of that, there is information overload on this site, as well as TESU making annual changes to their degree programs/requirements/fees. 

I submitted my application to TESU this morning, requested a transcript from Parchmont for previous credits for myself to review, which I will submit when accepted. The link is what I currently have:

https://i.imgur.com/fUXCrBL.png

I'm looking to start taking online courses ASAP that will transfer and go towards the BSBA Marketing that don't overlap with credits that I hope will be accepted. Price and simplicity are paramount to me. I hate to say the easier the course the better, as I do want to improve my education, but speed takes priority over all to me.

If anyone could get me on the right path so I can start with online courses ASAP, I will be forever grateful!
I made a degree plan for TESU's MAR degree.  But, I think you'd be better off going through COSC - especially if you want to save ~$2,000.

Attached Files
.pdf   degreeguy TESU BSBA6 MAR.pdf (Size: 49.3 KB / Downloads: 30)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • degreeguy, suzycupcake
Start here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

The free institutes and Sophia courses are always the first place I recommend people start. They're free and fast. You could knock one or two of them out on your first day. Get started!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(04-10-2019, 10:47 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Start here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

The free institutes and Sophia courses are always the first place I recommend people start. They're free and fast. You could knock one or two of them out on your first day. Get started!

The Institutes course is expired now.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-10-2019, 10:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I made a degree plan for TESU's MAR degree.  But, I think you'd be better off going through COSC - especially if you want to save ~$2,000.

This is amazing!! Thank you so much. 

QQ; some of the "where" categories have just study.com, while others have multiple options like Saylor/TECEP/DSST/etc etc. 

Does the cost change it all by mixing the sources? 

Also, I assume since this is March 19, this is sufficient for this calendar year? 

Can I start taking these courses right away before admission? Are there any in the list here that you think would be quicker than others?

Again, thank you so much for the prompt reply!!!

Also, assume I'm of average to slightly above average intelligence, putting in 4-6 hours daily, how quickly can I make it through a 3 credit study.com course?
(04-10-2019, 10:21 AM)degreeguy Wrote: Ideally, I would love to enroll in TESU's Capstone & Cornerstone classes by May (to be eligible for September grad), but the odds feel slightly stacked against me.
I think you can almost 100% count out being eligible for September graduation at this point. In order to be signed up for the May Capstone, you need to have 100 credits not only completed, but also evaluated by TESU and added to your degree plan. Also, out of these 100 credits, it must include most of the business core and area of study done. TESU is very strict on this requirement now, as I've seen first hand and through other posts on this forum. If you haven't even applied to TESU yet, it will take about a month before they accept you and evaluate everything you have right now and by then it would be too late. And if you've already applied, to earn 60 credits and have them evaluated into your plan all in only three weeks time is near impossible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • degreeguy
(04-10-2019, 11:10 AM)natshar Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 10:21 AM)degreeguy Wrote: Ideally, I would love to enroll in TESU's Capstone & Cornerstone classes by May (to be eligible for September grad), but the odds feel slightly stacked against me.
I think you can almost 100% count out being eligible for September graduation at this point. In order to be signed up for the May Capstone, you need to have 100 credits not only completed, but also evaluated by TESU and added to your degree plan. Also, out of these 100 credits, it must include most of the business core and area of study done. TESU is very strict on this requirement now, as I've seen first hand and through other posts on this forum. If you haven't even applied to TESU yet, it will take about a month before they accept you and evaluate everything you have right now and by then it would be too late. And if you've already applied, to earn 60 credits and have them evaluated into your plan all in only three weeks time is near impossible.

Thanks, December it is  Smile
(04-10-2019, 10:21 AM)degreeguy Wrote: ... Ideally, I would love to enroll in TESU's Capstone & Cornerstone classes by May (to be eligible for September grad), but the odds feel slightly stacked against me. ...

I would suggest doing the Cornerstone immediately. Both the cornerstone and capstone require a bit of writing and you might not want to do them together. I can also foresee logistical issues with getting TESU to let you register for both in the same term. It'll be easier if you've been an enrolled student for a bit before trying to register for the capstone. Besides, taking a real course with due dates and deadlines will help make the commitment more real.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • degreeguy
(04-10-2019, 11:14 AM)degreeguy Wrote:

If you want to graduate in December, heres what you need to know:

[*]Most TESU courses start at the beginning of every month and they last for 12 weeks (3 months)
[*]You need to take the capstone and cornerstone in either June, July or August.
[*]It doesn't matter which month you sign up for, but just know August is the absolute lastest you can sign up for September graduation.
[*]Before being able to sign up for the capstone you need to have 100 credits done and evaluated into your plan with most of your Core/AOS done. 
[*]The cornerstone has no requirements, you can sign up for that whenever.
[*]All your courses and transcripts need to submit to TESU by October 1st (the exception would be any TESU courses in progress if you started the August term)

More info on graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Deadlines to sign up for courses: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar
(04-10-2019, 11:16 AM)davewill Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 10:21 AM)degreeguy Wrote: ... Ideally, I would love to enroll in TESU's Capstone & Cornerstone classes by May (to be eligible for September grad), but the odds feel slightly stacked against me. ...

I would suggest doing the Cornerstone immediately. Both the cornerstone and capstone require a bit of writing and you might not want to do them together. I can also foresee logistical issues with getting TESU to let you register for both in the same term. It'll be easier if you've been an enrolled student for a bit before trying to register for the capstone. Besides, taking a real course with due dates and deadlines will help make the commitment more real.

I like this idea. I'll also make a commitment of over a thousand dollars quick and commit myself. I can do other things concurrently too. 

I'm taking some of the study.com prep tests (the free stuff) right now. I've done 4 and out of 15 questions I've gotten 6, 9, 11, & 11 correct. Hopefully that is a small indicator that I'll have a decent amount of knowledge on a lot of things I'm going to have to test for.

(04-10-2019, 11:26 AM)natshar Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:14 AM)degreeguy Wrote:

If you want to graduate in December, heres what you need to know:

[*]Most TESU courses start at the beginning of every month and they last for 12 weeks (3 months)
[*]You need to take the capstone and cornerstone in either June, July or August.
[*]It doesn't matter which month you sign up for, but just know August is the absolute lastest you can sign up for September graduation.
[*]Before being able to sign up for the capstone you need to have 100 credits done and evaluated into your plan with most of your Core/AOS done. 
[*]The cornerstone has no requirements, you can sign up for that whenever.
[*]All your courses and transcripts need to submit to TESU by October 1st (the exception would be any TESU courses in progress if you started the August term)

More info on graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Deadlines to sign up for courses: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar
[*]

So I have 4 months to pick up about 75 credits, have them evaluated, and enrolled in the Capstone by August for the 12 week course which should have me on pace for a degree in December.

Basically, I need to complete 7 courses a month. Doable on Study.com?

Study.com only allows you to take 2 proctored exams a month, is this accurate? It looks like there is an additional fee of $70 per proctored course over 2 in any month. 

I assume this would be a reason to combine Study.com with Saylor, TECEP, etc?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pre-Med Help in Testing Out Emily-NYC 16 1,344 09-19-2023, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where is the TESU RA Information Located? virino 3 442 12-17-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree plans for health information technology bcameau1 4 978 03-29-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Information Systems Minor question davemodular 4 889 09-24-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Please help with plan for BS in Information Technology andrers 3 783 06-29-2021, 08:20 AM
  Purdue Global BS in Information Technology Plan Needs Review 9yeire 12 2,294 03-14-2021, 01:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Business degree through testing? Lailalopez81 12 1,760 02-25-2021, 08:12 PM
  information technology BA Nourhan 7 978 02-03-2021, 11:04 AM
  DSST & Uexcel Advice -- Limited Exams & Testing Availability vanglorious 2 825 09-25-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Excelsior liberal arts degree plan using Clep or other testing methods rsims123 5 1,410 05-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Last Post: ctcarl