Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I hate you ALEKS!!!
Well, it's cheap, I suppose it cannot hurt too badly to give it a go. The reason I'm reluctant is that I tend to become enthralled in whatever work I am doing and cannot disengage until it is done, so this kind of thing can get very frustrating for me as I spend all my spare time on it. I need to learn to moderate. If it's not too much harder maybe I can knock it out in the same amount of time while the last class is still fresh.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
One other question, if the ACE site says APPROVED - SUBMITTED TO ACE FOR PROCESSING may I go ahead and change the course to intermediate algebra? Is it safe? Don't want to be hasty...
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:One other question, if the ACE site says APPROVED - SUBMITTED TO ACE FOR PROCESSING may I go ahead and change the course to intermediate algebra? Is it safe? Don't want to be hasty...

Rickyjo,

This is what I was told by a rep at Aleks: once you have the "APPROVED - SUBMITTED TO ACE FOR PROCESSING" message you can move on to the next Aleks course. She said that at that point Ace has everything they need from Aleks it's just a matter of paperwork on Ace's end.

I did switch over to my next course because my son was out of town and it was a good time for me to just sit at the computer and bang out 3 credits. My experience was that I had no difficulty and all my credits were transcripted by Ace just fine. In fact, I switched over my Beg Algebra course to Intermediate once I got the APPROVED message and then did it again from Intermediate to College Algebra (with the APPROVED message) with no issues.

There are some on the board who are more conservative than me who wait until they see the course actually appear on the Ace transcript. I just didn't know when my schedule was going to open up again where I had that kind of time to dedicate to Aleks.

I would suggest that if you are planning to "forge ahead", that you print out a copy of the screen from Aleks showing that you have achieved over 70% of the pie.

Best of luck to you.
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Thanks, I believe you are right, I wanted to make sure. Cookderosa takes that conservative approach, and normally I would too, but with Christmas coming up things may move slow and I want to assess and see if I want to go for it before my next credit card payment goes through. .
I'll take a screen shot.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:Well, it's cheap, I suppose it cannot hurt too badly to give it a go. The reason I'm reluctant is that I tend to become enthralled in whatever work I am doing and cannot disengage until it is done, so this kind of thing can get very frustrating for me as I spend all my spare time on it. I need to learn to moderate. If it's not too much harder maybe I can knock it out in the same amount of time while the last class is still fresh.
>>

OMGosh me too, let me know if you figure out how to moderate.
My handwriting can be very hard to read at times, especially with lots of math symbols. So what I'm doing is using Screenshot Pimp for FireFox to take a picture of the full page when I have problems explained. I keep those in a folder for future reference.

I'm also keeping track of pie slices, have 88/140 (44%) of college algebra and just under 4 hours in the can. I had a pretty good initial assessment so YMMV on that.

It can get really frustrating when there are types of problems that I just don't have figured out yet. I do okay, but problems like: [Image: wwwalekscomscreencaptur.jpg] drive me nuts.
Griffin Wrote:My handwriting can be very hard to read at times, especially with lots of math symbols. So what I'm doing is using Screenshot Pimp for FireFox to take a picture of the full page when I have problems explained. I keep those in a folder for future reference.

I'm also keeping track of pie slices, have 88/140 (44%) of college algebra and just under 4 hours in the can. I had a pretty good initial assessment so YMMV on that.

It can get really frustrating when there are types of problems that I just don't have figured out yet. I do okay, but problems like: [Image: wwwalekscomscreencaptur.jpg] drive me nuts.
go to mathway.com and click on pre-calc
enter your problem complete and when you get to the last entry ? enter X within the brackets
log[9]((1)/(25))=-2log[9](x)
the program will ask "solve the equation" click answer
the return x=5
and then click on the graph you will see x=5 graphed

if you only need the number (non graphing problem you can enter n in the brackets)
log[9]((1)/(25))=-2log[9](n)

I like to use x, y, 0 or 1 for everything. it did not work with those darn multiplying matrices problems though. Still cant wrap my mind around those problems no matter how much I try. matrix 1 + matrix 2 x matrix 3....UGGHHHH!

Hope this helped!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Thank you for posting this link. You shall save me hours of annoyance.
Additionally I have been searching for something like this and annoyed by everything I have found. This could just work.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
@bricabrac Yeah, multiplying matrices are the worst! I have some of Bagatrix's software to help me with figuring some of these problems out, but overall the matrices and xlog problems are the hardest for me. I'm not sure if Mathway runs through all of the steps, but the actual software does, which is a big help.

Especially multiplying a 3x4 matrix with a 5x7 matrix (etc). I thought I had it with the lowball 1x3*3x1 problems hehe.

I'll be going back to Staples for more legal pads soon enough! hilarious I have killed so may pens since re-starting ALEKS Big Grin
Mathway does not run through the steps (unless you purchase) but I have found it to be the most accurate. I have algebrator which I found after pre/interm algebra to be useless. It tends to give wrong answers unless you specifically tell it what to do which defeats the purpose. Its ok to compare answers even some of the graphs are nice, overall its great for highschoolers. I heard about bagatrix. I was actually thinking about one of the calculus and stats software packages but they were just to pricey for this exercise. The crazy thing is at work we have all the programs that do this stuff for us. I'm in research nothing is done manually. We have statisticians (PhD) who set points by clinical data and let the software take it from there. Or, farm out work to consultant agencies. So once my math stuff was complete I just filed away all my notes. So much paper. And why? Will never use it again.

Even my budgets are all programmed formulas in excel. Now there's something you need to learn how to do well...excel formulas.Big Grin

Griffin Wrote:@bricabrac Yeah, multiplying matrices are the worst! I have some of Bagatrix's software to help me with figuring some of these problems out, but overall the matrices and xlog problems are the hardest for me. I'm not sure if Mathway runs through all of the steps, but the actual software does, which is a big help.

Especially multiplying a 3x4 matrix with a 5x7 matrix (etc). I thought I had it with the lowball 1x3*3x1 problems hehe.

I'll be going back to Staples for more legal pads soon enough! hilarious I have killed so may pens since re-starting ALEKS Big Grin

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start? fromthedepths 9 771 06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,225 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,401 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,683 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,394 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,506 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,146 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,610 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM