Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Least Math/Most Testing
(02-08-2018, 08:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU BALS
- General Management can't be tested out of (no Change Management available)
- Communication will be more expensive (Mass Comm II, Intercultural Comm only available at CSU-G), not sure if they will take Study.com's Digital Marketing for the Comm in the Digital Age requirement
- HRM can't be tested out of (Change Mgmt, Soc of Work not available)

The BA in Comm is actually easier and cheaper than the BALS w/Concentration in Comm, so skip that one.

Maybe the BSPS?  With lots of business courses required, but able to be tested out of, and the math requirement isn't there.

Honestly, I think BA in Comm is a good bet for sales and marketing people.  They don't usually require a BSBA for those types of jobs.

Good info.    Wait - which one is the BSPS?  *Drinks coffee for much needed alertness*

I like a lot of these options and taking into account Jennifer's comments about math, I will now have more to share with DH.   When I was studying, a strong reason for choosing COSC was the fact that I could do the concentration in BA, which was lighter on the math.  

Ha ha ha ha.. then I ended up doing an MBA that required two separate finance classes, one completely in Spanish.   Those were TORTURE to say the least as I had to quickly teach myself some calculus.   But DH has no intention of a masters.   He's just in a comfortable position right now, but there is a risk that his position might not always be safe.  He's afraid that when he leaves, he'll have trouble getting a similar position, even though he has 20+ years of experience.     So, a piece of paper will make him feel more secure and probably will help in the future.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
(02-09-2018, 12:23 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: [quote pid='252688' dateline='1518140612']
Maybe the BSPS?  With lots of business courses required, but able to be tested out of, and the math requirement isn't there.

Good info.    Wait - which one is the BSPS?  *Drinks coffee for much needed alertness*

[/quote]

The BSPS (BS in Professional Studies) is a new-ish degree at TESU, that's kind of a combo of the BALS and BSBA.  Lots of business courses can go in the AOS (which is completely different than any other AOS in any other degree there), but none of the strict requirements of the BSBA (no specific courses are required for math or AOS).  Kind of the best of both worlds, if you don't mind the name.  It's especially good for someone who has already taken a bunch of courses in a specific area that wouldn't fit in a BALS - like Paramedic, or Fashion Design, or Culinary, or Education.  You can bring in 15cr from one of those areas (they don't have to be UL), and kind of fashion your own degree program.

If I was your hubby and didn't want the BSBA, I would opt for the BA in Comm, I think that's the best fit for him, the easiest to complete inexpensively, and has the best named degree out of the other choices (BALS with concentration).  That's just me personally.

With Modern States/CLEP giving free exams, that's also a good bet - lots of the CLEP exams will take care of the Gen Ed's and Free Electives.  The Comm courses can be found a bunch of ways.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(02-09-2018, 12:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 12:23 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: [quote pid='252688' dateline='1518140612']

The BSPS (BS in Professional Studies) is a new-ish degree at TESU, that's kind of a combo of the BALS and BSBA.  Lots of business courses can go in the AOS (which is completely different than any other AOS in any other degree there), but none of the strict requirements of the BSBA (no specific courses are required for math or AOS).  Kind of the best of both worlds, if you don't mind the name.  It's especially good for someone who has already taken a bunch of courses in a specific area that wouldn't fit in a BALS - like Paramedic, or Fashion Design, or Culinary, or Education.  You can bring in 15cr from one of those areas (they don't have to be UL), and kind of fashion your own degree program.

If I was your hubby and didn't want the BSBA, I would opt for the BA in Comm, I think that's the best fit for him, the easiest to complete inexpensively, and has the best named degree out of the other choices (BALS with concentration).  That's just me personally.

With Modern States/CLEP giving free exams, that's also a good bet - lots of the CLEP exams will take care of the Gen Ed's and Free Electives.  The Comm courses can be found a bunch of ways.
[/quote]
Good point about the name.  I don't think it's terrible.. would be decent if you could add a concentration to it.   

I agree with Communications.   BUT his ex-wife has a degree in communications, so we'll see.  Most people wouldn't care and I hope he'll be sensible, but he's made fun of her communications degree so many times over the years, so hopefully it's not stuck in his head.   Big Grin

I just like having more options for him.    I'm going to use the templates already given to me and plug in his credits once he gets them.  Then we'll see which degree "sounds" best for the jobs he thinks he would apply for in the future.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
UPDATE:

DS says that first choice is the BALS with the General Mgmt concentration, even if he has to take the class. Communication is 2nd choice.

Also, he's spent some time on the phone with CLEP and DSST and he has 21 credits that I'll add into the plan. We're waiting for the B&M transcript. I hope to have a plan for the BALS and the Communication degree. The communication degree was already attached to this thread, so I'll use this.

Does anyone have the plan for BALS in General Mgmt for TESU? I promise to stop asking after this. I did a search and didn't see it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,695 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU BA MATH plan - feedback appreciated MeOldChina 8 2,882 06-16-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: MeOldChina
  Easiest Math Class for TESU BALS? Kickedthehabit2 3 1,416 05-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,621 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science (Math/ALEKS) question AwardTour 7 2,365 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Excelsior Math Reqs Iamtehking 1 1,186 05-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Kima
  TESU Math & CS AOS Degree Plan Yenisei 12 2,958 04-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Math for TESU BSBA Finance (MAT121 or MAT119) Gloddy 8 2,088 03-21-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP + College Math CLEP ? Silly_Me 6 2,506 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU requiring more math now? Ideas 6 1,648 02-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Ideas