Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a school that caps Mil TA at $250 per sem hr for an MBA???
Hello all, just joined.

I am active duty AF with 2 years left of service.

I am 1 class away from my Bach in business from Excelsior which I should finish in Dec.

I want to start my Masters in Business while I am still in and I don't want to use my GI Bill yet.

So I am looking for an online school that gives classes at $250 per semester hour.

The only one I have found so far is Columbia Southern.

The Ed office is useless...

Anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!
From my understanding, you need to reach 10 years TIS to start using TA towards your Masters if you got your Bachelors on duty. And everyone I know who has done their Masters while they were in used either out-of-pocket, scholarships, or their GI Bill to cover the rest of the expenses.
Columbia Southern University is capped @ $250 per credit hour for graduate courses.

Military Tuition Information
25BangBang Wrote:From my understanding, you need to reach 10 years TIS to start using TA towards your Masters if you got your Bachelors on duty. And everyone I know who has done their Masters while they were in used either out-of-pocket, scholarships, or their GI Bill to cover the rest of the expenses.

Only if you used TA for your Bachelor's, if you didn't use TA for your Bachelor's you can use it for Master's without waiting 10yrs.
I made a list last year for undergrads, so this doesn't apply to you 100% but it's a place to start. I used these 8 parameters:

1) The college appears on the Department of Defense Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding list.
2) The college qualifies as an AU-ABC school for Community College of the Air Force graduates
3) Tuition cost is priced under the TA limit per semester/quarter hour *see below
4) A full associate's or bachelor's can be earned through the college
5) All courses required for the degree are offered by the college through distance learning
6) The college must award credit for a soldier's ACE military job training in some amount
7) The college must award credit for passing CLEP / DSST and accept at least 12 credits
8) The college must be regionally accredited** see below

*Always check the cost per credit. Frequently when marketing toward military, a college can use your TA cap and advertise "no out of pocket" by signing you up for a student loan or using your GI Bill.

**DOD and AU-ABC approve colleges that are not regionally accredited, which may be a barrier to civilian employment or graduate school admission later on. Only regionally accredited colleges are included in this list.

Jen's List

American Military University (books are electronic and included in the price of tuition), WV

Amridge University, AL

Ashford University, CA

Bellevue University, NE

Bismark State College, ND

Brandman University, CA

Excelsior College, NY

Kaplan University (multiple campus locations)

Liberty University, VA

Saint Leo University, FL

Southwestern College, KS

Strayer University (multiple locations)

SUNY-Empire State College, NY

Thomas Edison State University, NJ

Troy University, AL

University of the Incarnate Word, TX

Wilmington University, DE
barberakb Wrote:Hello all, just joined.

I am active duty AF with 2 years left of service.

I am 1 class away from my Bach in business from Excelsior which I should finish in Dec.

I want to start my Masters in Business while I am still in and I don't want to use my GI Bill yet.

So I am looking for an online school that gives classes at $250 per semester hour.

The only one I have found so far is Columbia Southern.

The Ed office is useless...

Anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. I'd much rather use GI Bill top-up to go to a quality program, than try to squeeze any education under the Mil Tuition cap.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Yeah, I think Troy charges $250/cr at the graduate level for military. They're very popular with military students and offer an online MBA.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,929 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  (New to Military) Does the AF pay for grad school if I enter OTS? horsewhiz 1 991 08-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  From High School to USAF Fighter Pilot cframe 23 3,670 02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Vandalet
  Using post 9/11 gi bill to complete prerequisites for dental school NcstateGrad 1 1,220 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Last Post: bldclot2
  GI Bill and Grad School SRT12 1 1,021 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Last Post: smokey2011
  help funding school ffdpsoldier 17 2,498 01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Last Post: dcan
  which school for a degree in history dave042 6 2,142 07-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Old Rusty Pipe