Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions
First of all, THANK YOU to everyone who contributes on here! The information and your time in invaluable! I have gone through the wiki info page and scoured the website through and through, and I guess I’m still an idiot because I still have some questions even though a lot of you have provided some very insightful and detailed information. So, please bear with me.

For the record, I have about 50 credits from a JC and my goal is to get a BS ASAP, regardless of the focus. I need a BS simply to check a box on a specific job application.

I applied to the big 3, just because, but I haven't sent in any transcripts, except for TESU.

I think I messed up. Before reading everything here, I applied to TESU and sent in my JC transcripts (twice). They did a second evaluation and it then said, "You have received your second and final academic evaluation as an applicant."
1) So, does this mean I can no longer submit all of my other courses from SL/Study/etc.?

Other random questions
2) Just to be clear about what I've read. In order to make a degree plan, I would have to look at the course catalog for a college and a degree, then compare the courses to those courses offered by SL/Study.com/etc.?

3) I do not care so much about costs, but more about time. Which degree, and from which college, would be the quickest to complete?

THANK YOU all for your help.
You can submit them, but they won't fill in your eval until you become enrolled. You can do that by taking a TECEP or a course (like your capstone). Once you become enrolled it lasts a year, at which time you either need to graduate or take another TECEP or course to continue enrollment.

Which degree will be the fastest depends on what courses you already have, and what kind of course you will find easiest to pass. Post your current credits and give us some idea of your interests.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-19-2018, 10:18 PM)davewill Wrote: You can submit them, but they won't fill in your eval until you become enrolled. You can do that by taking a TECEP or a course (like your capstone). Once you become enrolled it lasts a year, at which time you either need to graduate or take another TECEP or course to continue enrollment.

Which degree will be the fastest depends on what courses you already have, and what kind of course you will find easiest to pass. Post your current credits and give us some idea of your interests.

Davewill, thanks for your response. It took me a while, but I compiled my degree plan in BSBA General Management. I'm doing most of them through SL, just to keep it simple.

I have attached my Excel file.

A couple more questions:
1) Just to be clear, once I complete the courses, I send them to ACE, then send the ACE transcript to TESU?
2) I heard TESU advisors/counselors are helpful once enrolled. Should I enroll in a cornerstone/capstone to become an enrolled student and then ask for advice on transferable courses (SL/study.com/aleks, etc.)?

Attached Files
.xlsx   MP TESU PLAN.xlsx (Size: 42.93 KB / Downloads: 13)
(08-23-2018, 02:44 PM)NoThesis Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 10:18 PM)davewill Wrote: You can submit them, but they won't fill in your eval until you become enrolled. You can do that by taking a TECEP or a course (like your capstone). Once you become enrolled it lasts a year, at which time you either need to graduate or take another TECEP or course to continue enrollment.

Davewill, thanks for your response. It took me a while, but I compiled my degree plan in BSBA General Management. I'm doing most of them through SL, just to keep it simple.

I have attached my Excel file.

A couple more questions:
1) Just to be clear, once I complete the courses, I send them to ACE, then send the ACE transcript to TESU?
2) I heard TESU advisors/counselors are helpful once enrolled. Should I enroll in a cornerstone/capstone to become an enrolled student and then ask for advice on transferable courses (SL/study.com/aleks, etc.)?

1) Send them to ACE, yes. Also, SL should have a way to send them directly to TESU, so do that after each course.
2) Don't enroll at TESU until you are less than 1 year away from finishing. Yes I find the advisors helpful, especially after you establish communications with one specific person instead of sending all emails to the generic "academic advising email address" which can take weeks to get a response. Since many people here have worked on the BSBA GM at TESU, this board can be as helpful(sometimes more helpful) as TESU for the majority of your general questions.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • NoThesis
(08-23-2018, 02:53 PM)MNomadic Wrote: 1) Send them to ACE, yes. Also, SL should have a way to send them directly to TESU, so do that after each course.
2) Don't enroll at TESU until you are less than 1 year away from finishing. Yes I find the advisors helpful, especially after you establish communications with one specific person instead of sending all emails to the generic "academic advising email address" which can take weeks to get a response. Since many people here have worked on the BSBA GM at TESU, this board can be as helpful(sometimes more helpful) as TESU for the majority of your general questions.

Thanks for the clarification!! Much appreciated!
No problemo!

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(08-23-2018, 02:53 PM)MNomadic Wrote: 1) Send them to ACE, yes. Also, SL should have a way to send them directly to TESU, so do that after each course.

1. The same with Study.com, send your courses to ACE, for safekeeping, but you have to send them directly to TESU from Study.com for them to accept them.
2. Respectfully disagree. Enroll before your accepted status runs out, whether you are a year away from graduating or not. Enroll sooner if seeing your transcripts processed and populated in your academic evaluation would be helpful or motivating to you. You can use your capstone course to enroll, but you might rather take more of your AOS courses, first. There are also plenty of $75 TECEPs that would apply to your degree.

With your courses, you can take either the BSBA or BALS and get them done in the same number of credits taken...it depends on which you want or would find easier to do.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • NoThesis
(08-23-2018, 03:06 PM)davewill Wrote: 1. The same with Study.com, send your courses to ACE, for safekeeping, but you have to send them directly to TESU from Study.com for them to accept them.
2. Respectfully disagree. Enroll before your accepted status runs out, whether you are a year away from graduating or not. Enroll sooner if seeing your transcripts processed and populated in your academic evaluation would be helpful or motivating to you. You can use your capstone course to enroll, but you might rather take more of your AOS courses, first. There are also plenty of $75 TECEPs that would apply to your degree.

With your courses, you can take either the BSBA or BALS and get them done in the same number of credits taken...it depends on which you want or would find easier to do.

Thanks, davewill! Great advice. I'll proceed with enrollment!
(08-23-2018, 03:06 PM)davewill Wrote:

1. The same with Study.com, send your courses to ACE, for safekeeping, but you have to send them directly to TESU from Study.com for them to accept them.

Excellent point! I keep forgetting that "enrollment" at TESU can be as simple as taking a $300 required cornerstone or even a $75 TECEP(or even the $25 medical terminology TECEP). I think it's one or both of the other "big 3" that will start giving you a bunch of yearly fees that add up if it takes you a few years....

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 4,978 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,703 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,582 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,917 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,297 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,888 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Newbie seeking advice please AJ127 4 1,654 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: AJ127
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,613 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU and Study.com partnership/discount specific questions Tripletmom 9 3,344 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  2nd BA Degree in Accounting at TESU - Clarification Question acamp 21 4,368 03-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: allvia