Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New COSC policy for ACE and NCCRS providers
(05-27-2020, 08:13 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all,

How exactly would the "grandfathering" work for this? Would it be as easy as the credits for non-partnership providers need to be on the ACE transcript before July 1st? Would I need to apply / enroll before July 1st? Or would it be safe to say that all options should be attempted?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

Bump!  Smile
Please clarify for me. What if I have 103 cr completed on July 1st. Does this mean I need to take the remaining 17 units at COSC? Or can I continue to complete my 11 units with SDC/Straighterline just as long as they have an agreement with them. And then complete my 6 units with COSC. The whole 91 credits by July 1st is throwing me.
You need to be enrolled and the credits need to be processed and transcribed by July 1st. If you lose enrollment for whatever reason and try to re-enroll later, I don't believe the credits would count any longer. That happened with me and my FEMA credits.

The remainder of the credits can be done at any RA school, not just at COSC. Only the Cornerstone and Capstone HAVE to be done at COSC. So your choices for cheap credit then would be something like a local CC or NMJC or something like that.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(06-03-2020, 09:53 AM)Tedium Wrote: You need to be enrolled and the credits need to be processed and transcribed by July 1st. If you lose enrollment for whatever reason and try to re-enroll later, I don't believe the credits would count any longer. That happened with me and my FEMA credits.

The remainder of the credits can be done at any RA school, not just at COSC. Only the Cornerstone and Capstone HAVE to be done at COSC. So your choices for cheap credit then would be something like a local CC or NMJC or something like that.

I agree that you can take the remaining credits anywhere RA.  I'd go with a CC if possible; if you need UL, I'd do those ASAP through an ACE provider and get them on the transcript, and then finish with the CC (meaning make UL ACE your priority).

There are also some schools with relatively cheap UL credits like U of Arkansas Self-Paced, CSU Pueblo IS, U of Idaho IS, BYU IS - all less than $200/cr.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Tedium
Good suggestion. I always forget about Arkansas when I’m suggesting self-paced courses to people.

Also, don’t forget about ASU earned admission at $99, if any of those courses help. St. Thomas in Houston is also still offering a free course and you can still register for the Summer II session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(05-13-2020, 11:55 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 11:39 PM)Ibantpi Wrote: Regarding the new COSC changes....

Would it be possible to complete 9 upper level classes before July 1st? 
My daughter is presently working on English 102 and Speech with SL. In addition to those, she will have 9 upper level classes left to complete and plans to use Study.com.

Can someone please tell me:

1.)Are the Study.com UL classes bogged down with papers or projects?

2.)Which 3 UL Business classes, at Study.com, will be the fastest to complete?

3.)Where can we find which Business concentration category (the 9 credits) each of the UL Study.com Business courses will fit into? Does it matter that all 3 are in one of the categories or can they be random?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to give us advice!
(If there is a better place for me to post these questions, please let me know.)

To do 9 Ul courses and have them on an ACE transcript by July 1st. That is about one course every 5 days. And that doesn't include anytime to get the courses on ACE and sent everything to COSC. So realistically you are looking at one ul course every 4 days or less.

The other issue is study.com only allows 5 exams every 30 days. So you would have to time everything correctly to get it all done. 

So it might be possible but your daughter would have to work really hard to get it all done.

Hopefully like a lot of us she has a lot of free time to work on these courses.

Thank you for your help. She did it! My daughter worked very hard over the past month and finished all of the classes she had remaining! ???? She’s enrolled in and started her Cornerstone and will follow that with her Capstone.?
[-] The following 4 users Like Ibantpi's post:
  • Clepper43, P226mem, rachel83az, Tedium
Updated list is here, not looking good for Davar or other NCCRS providers: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

Typically, students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits for a Bachelors degree and 45 degree-applicable credits for an Associate degree, from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place.

Note: Charter Oak currently has agreements with the following organizations:

StaighterLine
Study.com
Saylor
Sophia
CSM learn
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Is the Saylor MIS even valid? Is it Upper Level?
(07-04-2020, 04:59 PM)nilahti2 Wrote: Is the Saylor MIS even valid?  Is it Upper Level?

Not sure what this has to do with the thread, but Saylor's BUS206: Management Information Systems is now expired, and it's never been UL.  Some schools may have brought it in as such, but probably haven't in a while.
So it means ALEKS, Coopersmith, Davar and InstantCert out - this bad... dont see why if they are all ACE/NCCRS, the same as StaighterLine
Study.com
Saylor
Sophia
CSM learn........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,684 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,167 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,621 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso