Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New International User Seeking Help with Plan for Bachelors Degree
Sanantone, your help is highly appreciated and your links helped a lot. I also checked out your study plans on other forums, but I don't see any physics related plans. Nonetheless, those study plans help me in finding information regarding different degree plans.

Dfrecore, I had an absolute locked jaw when I saw my possible study plan you created because I now have something concrete and I could see how a study plan is set up.

To be honest, I thought General Studies is a BS degree. Is there a way I can earn a Bachelor of Science degree with physics as concentration at COSC or anywhere else? If so, I'll need a study plan for that and keep in mind that I'm considering a second Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering technology. If not, I'll use this study plan. Wish I could earn 4 Bachelor's degrees the way I saw on degreeforum.wiki: http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/TESU_Degree_Plans because I'm hungry for knowledge. However, I get that what I want to study might not be so easy to accomplish and it will probably be too expensive for me.

If there are any other study plans or study-plan suggestions, please post them. I investigate everything posted and regularly discuss your advice with my parents.
Pretty sure I read somewhere on COSC's website that if you get a BA, you can opt to call it a BS. I'll have to dig around to find that again.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(09-24-2017, 04:21 AM)GlobalStudent Wrote: Sanantone, your help is highly appreciated and your links helped a lot. I also checked out your study plans on other forums, but I don't see any physics related plans. Nonetheless, those study plans help me in finding information regarding different degree plans.

Dfrecore, I had an absolute locked jaw when I saw my possible study plan you created because I now have something concrete and I could see how a study plan is set up.

To be honest, I thought General Studies is a BS degree. Is there a way I can earn a Bachelor of Science degree with physics as concentration at COSC or anywhere else? If so, I'll need a study plan for that and keep in mind that I'm considering a second Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering technology. If not, I'll use this study plan. Wish I could earn 4 Bachelor's degrees the way I saw on degreeforum.wiki: http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/TESU_Degree_Plans because I'm hungry for knowledge. However, I get that what I want to study might not be so easy to accomplish and it will probably be too expensive for me.

If there are any other study plans or study-plan suggestions, please post them. I investigate everything posted and regularly discuss your advice with my parents.

My degree plans were for TESU. Those other degree plans you linked to are also for TESU and will not work at COSC.

Excelsior lets you opt for a BS or BA, but the requirements are different. The BS has more applied electives. I don't know if COSC does that. Either way, employers don't care about BA vs BS. There's a misconception that there is a standardized difference between the two. Harvard has one of the best biology departments in the U.S., and they only offer a BA in the sciences.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thank you all so much again. Smile

I found this download link https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/current/pdf-download.cfm on the internet and if I understand correctly from what I've read, I'll be able to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in General Studies. Please read on page 2 the paragraph with the heading: Degree Offerings and also this paragraph on page 45 under the title: Undergraduate Programs of Study and Degree Requirements with subtitle: Degree Offerings

If you agree that it is possible for me to earn a Bachelor's of Science degree in General Studies, then I'd like to know if my study plan will change since the Science Baccalaureate requires that a minimum of 60 of the 120 credits must be in Liberal Arts subjects. Kindly help me with a revised study plan if this is the case. If the plan isn't 100% correct, it doesn't matter; I just want to get an idea of how to structure it.

I have more questions about applying and the admission process, but I'll post these later as I want to know what I may mention in my emails when I apply and what I shouldn't mention. As I've seen on the internet, there is a difference in applying and requesting admission.
(09-24-2017, 07:14 PM)GlobalStudent Wrote: Thank you all so much again. Smile

I found this download link https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/current/pdf-download.cfm on the internet and if I understand correctly from what I've read, I'll be able to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in General Studies. Please read on page 2 the paragraph with the heading: Degree Offerings and also this paragraph on page 45 under the title: Undergraduate Programs of Study and Degree Requirements with subtitle: Degree Offerings

If you agree that it is possible for me to earn a Bachelor's of Science degree in General Studies, then I'd like to know if my study plan will change since the Science Baccalaureate requires that a minimum of 60 of the 120 credits must be in Liberal Arts subjects. Kindly help me with a revised study plan if this is the case. If the plan isn't 100% correct, it doesn't matter; I just want to get an idea of how to structure it.

I have more questions about applying and the admission process, but I'll post these later as I want to know what I may mention in my emails when I apply and what I shouldn't mention. As I've seen on the internet, there is a difference in applying and requesting admission.

I think you may have missed my post showing a complete degree in Physics at COSC?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Dfrecore, your degree plan is what I've mentioned in my previous post. It is the one I'm going to use and for which I'm sincerely grateful. I downloaded it twice and saved it to my computer and external. I merely asked if any adjustments need be made if I choose the BS degree instead of the BA for which I provided the link to COSC's "Official Catalog 2017-2018" and page numbers so that you can see the difference in requirements. I'm not yet confident in making the changes myself. So please help if you can.

All of you are in any case going to go through the process of earning my degree with me as I'll be keeping you posted and others in need of a physics degree plan are also going to use this degree plan including the possible revised plan if there is such. So on behalf of all those, I thank you for creating this degree plan.
Dfrecore I cannot thank you enough for setting up my degree plan. It is really thorough and complete.

I have studied this degree plan for COSC and I now have a few questions.

1. Do I apply to COSC immediately and then start studying followed by taking my exams through the various mediums such as SL, Study.com, etc. or do I first study and take exams to accumulate as many credits as possible? I, in any event, need 9 credits for admission at COSC, so I assume I'll have to take a few exams prior to application. Please help me with the procedure, as I want to be sure I'll be granted admission.

2. The electives in my degree plan that I can take through FEMA I'm uncertain about. Someone on another forum's thread, which I found when searching for FEMA, said it is best to take electives directly from COSC or TESU if enrolled there. What is your take on this? Each FEMA elective seems to be only 1 credit and many courses have other courses as prerequisites to take the course. Do you have any recommendations?

3. I still don't know where to find online Physics II, III and IV with lab courses. An online Physics II with lab course seems to be available from TESU, but I'm not sure how to take that course if I'm not an enrolled student there. Please explain to me how I go about taking courses at colleges where I'm not enrolled at and if I can merely test out by using their study material and guide for the cheapest way since I can't afford expensive courses. Don't I have to do practical testing for the exam? This is really unclear to me.

4. The credit-tranfer procedure is new to me. When and how do I transfer credits? Immediately after having passed or can I do it months after?
(09-30-2017, 05:07 AM)GlobalStudent Wrote: Dfrecore I cannot thank you enough for setting up my degree plan. It is really thorough and complete.

I have studied this degree plan for COSC and I now have a few questions.

1. Do I apply to COSC immediately and then start studying followed by taking my exams through the various mediums such as SL, Study.com, etc. or do I first study and take exams to accumulate as many credits as possible? I, in any event, need 9 credits for admission at COSC, so I assume I'll have to take a few exams prior to application. Please help me with the procedure, as I want to be sure I'll be granted admission.

2. The electives in my degree plan that I can take through FEMA I'm uncertain about. Someone on another forum's thread, which I found when searching for FEMA, said it is best to take electives directly from COSC or TESU if enrolled there. What is your take on this? Each FEMA elective seems to be only 1 credit and many courses have other courses as prerequisites to take the course. Do you have any recommendations?

3. I still don't know where to find online Physics II, III and IV with lab courses. An online Physics II with lab course seems to be available from TESU, but I'm not sure how to take that course if I'm not an enrolled student there. Please explain to me how I go about taking courses at colleges where I'm not enrolled at and if I can merely test out by using their study material and guide for the cheapest way since I can't afford expensive courses. Don't I have to do practical testing for the exam? This is really unclear to me.

4. The credit-tranfer procedure is new to me. When and how do I transfer credits? Immediately after having passed or can I do it months after?

The easiest way to get most of those credits knocked out is to take the GRE Subject Test for physics. There are testing centers in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thank you, Sanantone. Your replies always mean a lot to me. Do the GRE subject tests include practical exams? Or how would I be taking practical lab exams?

I also need answers to my other questions in my previous post, but anyone with the necessary patience and info may answer. I appreciate all the help I can get and as I've said before, I don't know how the procedure works for the accelerated programs, clearly visible in nr 1 of my previous post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,156 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,819 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,622 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,943 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero