Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Student; please help
I’m happy to say that I just applied to TESU and waiting to hear back with results (Interested in the Aviation Flight Tech degree).

I’ve done a few classes from my previous college along with some Sophia.org courses. I currently work as an airline pilot and will likely transfer all my certifications from my job towards a degree.

Trying to get at least an Associate’s ASAP before the big airlines stop hiring again. Any advice on what I can do now to build credit?
Welcome! If you're looking for an associate's ASAP, the AS in Aviation Flight Technology at TESU isn't a particularly good choice. You'd need to take the associate capstone course for that degree, which will consume a bunch of time and money. You'll also need to do a few specific lab sciences without great alt-credit options.
For an associate's at TESU, you may be better off with a more "generic" program like the Associate in Arts. That option has no capstone or restrictive science requirement.
However, there are even better options out there for a fast and cheap associate's - Pierpont for example.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Thank you for sharing those options. Never heard of Pierpont before.
I'm reading about their BOG Associate's degree and it looks like a great deal!

Which Sophia classes should I start now if I were to go this path? So far I've completed:
Intro to IT
Intro to Statistics
Intro to Psychology
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Hey 808, there are so many ways to go about this... I also suggest completing Sophia.org first and then move to Study.com for courses you can't take at Sophia.org, a Sophia.org for Lower Level credit and a Study.com for Upper Level credit combo... It's hard to tell from what you have written, Basically - You may also want to fill us in with more detail by filling out the template and last post addendum here:https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You should also list any certs you have in regards to piloting aircraft. Those may be worth enough credit that you don't need any other electives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New link to Student Services? KsT 0 44 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: KsT
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,880 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Student Support Center bjcheung77 3 453 08-07-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New Student: Business Degree Course Map Nate121693 11 1,024 05-15-2023, 04:58 AM
  My advisor keeps telling me that I have to take SOS-110 even as a 2nd degree student frankc 11 1,073 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Degree in USA for international Student Michaelz101 5 915 10-25-2022, 05:54 PM
  Quickly passing a BA with CLEP as an international student Moonsorrow 3 776 09-22-2022, 04:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Old Student Re-Enrolled..still under 2014-15 Catalog loops77 20 1,594 09-17-2022, 01:06 AM
  TESU Launches Student Self-Service Portal MrPanda 5 1,263 09-07-2022, 04:12 PM
  Payment methods to TESU as international student StudentOLife 10 1,214 08-29-2022, 08:54 AM