Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off topic chat - What's new?
So, I just cleaned up the PM's from well over 600+ down to a wonderful number of 21...
Plans for the day (getting over this flu), I'm going to clean up the house and garage!  
Getting rid of all that junk!  What's new with you?  Anyway, have a great one.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-03-2018, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, I just cleaned up the PM's from well over 600+ down to a wonderful number of 21...
Plans for the day (getting over this flu), I'm going to clean up the house and garage!  
Getting rid of all that junk!  What's new with you?  Anyway, have a great one.

Well I had a Financial Management exam yesterday and got my score back today of a 145/150! Other than that, grinding away looking forward to my vacation in 3 weeks!

East Central University
Bachelors of Science - 2015
Biology

Southeastern Oklahoma State University
AACSB-Accredited
Masters of Business Administration - 2019
Management
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
Getting ready for finals next week for my CC courses, and planning what I want to do with my winter break! (Hint: it involves Study.com....)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Today I started my next TESU course: nuclear instrumentation and controls. The first half of the class looks good, stuff I'm pretty familiar with. The second half looks like material that's mostly new to me or previously known but now completely forgotten (damn that knowledge/learning half life!)

Also, I enrolled in the ASU Earned Admissions calculus 1 for engineers that starts next month. Even though I already have calc 1 credit, I wanted an intensive review plus it'll be far more rigorous than what I did with SDC. I liked the looks of its self paced format using the gradarius platform. For only $25 I get the same quality instruction/access to online professors/tutors that ASU students get. Plus when I pass, I'll have 1 year to decide if I want to pay for RA credit(probably won't need to but it doesn't hurt to have options in case I want to transfer or go to a grad school that wants to see more RA credit.) Also, one final reason is a personal matter: that is exactly same course number as the calc course I dropped out of way back when I was 18 and attending on campus at asu. I now know that conventional, b&m, on campus, lecture based learning doesn't work for me but I will have a sense of accomplishment for completing something I gave up on nearly a decade ago.

(12-03-2018, 03:58 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Getting ready for finals next week for my CC courses, and planning what I want to do with my winter break! (Hint: it involves Study.com....)

Best of luck!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-03-2018, 04:14 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Today I started my next TESU course: nuclear instrumentation and controls. The first half of the class looks good, stuff I'm pretty familiar with. The second half looks like material that's mostly new to me or previously known but now completely forgotten (damn that knowledge/learning half life!)

Also, I enrolled in the ASU Earned Admissions calculus 1 for engineers that starts next month. Even though I already have calc 1 credit, I wanted an intensive review plus it'll be far more rigorous than what I did with SDC. I liked the looks of its self paced format using the gradarius platform. For only $25 I get the same quality instruction/access to online professors/tutors that ASU students get. Plus when I pass, I'll have 1 year to decide if I want to pay for RA credit(probably won't need to but it doesn't hurt to have options in case I want to transfer or go to a grad school that wants to see more RA credit.) Also, one final reason is a personal matter: that is exactly same course number as the calc course I dropped out of way back when I was 18 and attending on campus at asu. I now know that conventional, b&m, on campus, lecture based learning doesn't work for me but I will have a sense of accomplishment for completing something I gave up on nearly a decade ago.

(12-03-2018, 03:58 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Getting ready for finals next week for my CC courses, and planning what I want to do with my winter break! (Hint: it involves Study.com....)

Best of luck!

Thank you!

I filled out the form to enroll in the ASU College Algebra for basically the same reasons as you, except that I know I'm trying to rack up RA/graded credit (otherwise, I'm pretty sure it uses ALEKS so I would just do that). Waiting to hear back from them. So even though I already did the CLEP I'll probably end up paying for the RA credit as long as I like my grade. I'm thinking of doing Precalculus as well, since it's got ongoing enrollment, same benefits in terms of cheap, graded RA credit and I don't have anything for Precalc yet so it would help out with GE electives and the AoS for my ASNSM in Math that I want to get.

If I think of it as "paying $425 for ALEKS", I feel stupid. But when I think of it as "paying $425 for a letter-graded, RA course that also happens to be self-paced" it seems like a much better deal. Plus, if I don't like my grade I can a) save $400 and b) Not have it show on a transcript.

Interesting that you say the Calc course looks to be self-paced. I believe I saw in the FAQs that College Algebra and Precalc were "supposed" to be the only self-paced ones. From what you can see, does it look like it requires some engineering-type scientific knowledge, or is it mostly just a generic Calc course?
Completed:

Up Next:

(12-03-2018, 04:26 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 04:14 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Today I started my next TESU course: nuclear instrumentation and controls. The first half of the class looks good, stuff I'm pretty familiar with. The second half looks like material that's mostly new to me or previously known but now completely forgotten (damn that knowledge/learning half life!)

Best of luck!

Thank you!

I filled out the form to enroll in the ASU College Algebra for basically the same reasons as you, except that I know I'm trying to rack up RA/graded credit (otherwise, I'm pretty sure it uses ALEKS so I would just do that). Waiting to hear back from them. So even though I already did the CLEP I'll probably end up paying for the RA credit as long as I like my grade. I'm thinking of doing Precalculus as well, since it's got ongoing enrollment, same benefits in terms of cheap, graded RA credit and I don't have anything for Precalc yet so it would help out with GE electives and the AoS for my ASNSM in Math that I want to get.

If I think of it as "paying $425 for ALEKS", I feel stupid. But when I think of it as "paying $425 for a letter-graded, RA course that also happens to be self-paced" it seems like a much better deal. Plus, if I don't like my grade I can a) save $400 and b) Not have it show on a transcript.

Interesting that you say the Calc course looks to be self-paced. I believe I saw in the FAQs that College Algebra and Precalc were "supposed" to be the only self-paced ones. From what you can see, does it look like it requires some engineering-type scientific knowledge, or is it mostly just a generic Calc course?

It's a 15 week course that must be completed within that time constraint but other than that, it's self paced and adaptive. I asked them a lot of questions regarding the different courses the other day and that's my understanding of it. It's still just a generic calc course, maybe with more engineering based examples and a little more rigorous than other options.

They also have business/brief calc course that uses the same gradarius platform.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
All of the replies seem to be about school plans Tongue

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • MNomadic, sanantone
(12-03-2018, 04:59 PM)Ideas Wrote: All of the replies seem to be about school plans Tongue

TRUE!

Well, I've got chicken in the slow cooker, veggies marinating in olive oil and various spices, and some mashed potatoes in the works for dinner tonight!

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
(12-03-2018, 04:59 PM)Ideas Wrote: All of the replies seem to be about school plans Tongue

There are things other than school?
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • allvia
We adopted a "new" 4 y/o dog to keep our 5 y/o son company.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  off topic- computer suggestion cookderosa 9 1,805 08-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Please help with research topic! soliloquy 5 1,348 06-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  My thesis topic was accepted! cookderosa 18 2,346 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: NAP
  Idea for topic -- traditional schools that take CLE CLEP_enthusiast 7 1,507 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  We need live chat ryoder 9 1,313 01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Off topic- cooking with WIC cookderosa 3 1,012 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Off topic: for any woman who has given birth cookderosa 36 4,802 03-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Last Post: mrs.b
  off topic - starting our business! cookderosa 24 3,002 08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Elinor
  hi everyone. This topic is about Strawberry Shortcake. adrienneviolet 17 2,288 03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Last Post: jmed
  phone chat with student services AJU cookderosa 4 1,327 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Professor_Adam