Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree.com Is Finally Open
(10-05-2018, 10:36 AM)inkleind Wrote: Maybe I've missed a new thread but has anyone had these posted to their TESU transcript yet?

I haven't yet. I stopped work on the last OD course that I need so I can work on other things, then I will submit my transcript when I get back to it.
However, OD told me they're in the process of finalizing their articulation agreement right now(in the last few days) so when that happens we should know how OD courses will translate to TESU.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Has anybody finished and submitted their OD courses to TESU (or any of the schools for that matter) yet? Would love to hear what they came out as :-)
Currently working on a couple courses right now.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
(10-18-2018, 11:54 AM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Has anybody finished and submitted their OD courses to TESU (or any of the schools for that matter) yet? Would love to hear what they came out as :-)
Currently working on a couple courses right now.

They've received my OD transcript and I should have my evaluation within the next couple of weeks. Only has Astronomy on it though.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • Doodlebabe
There are 2 threads open for members to post how their OnlineDegree courses transfer into TESU or COSC. If you could please post in those, we could build a list.

TESU https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...fer-Thread

COSC https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...fer-Thread
(09-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Merlin Wrote: I know that I personally learn much easier and faster via reading than I do from watching or listening to videos, and I know there are many others who do as well. I would love to see a way to bypass the video lessons and just read a transcript, or read a written supplement that goes over the same material. I imagine this must be a big problem for people who are hard of hearing or deaf as well.

I know that a lot of their material comes from The Great Courses. The physical version of their DVD's usually comes with a printed book that covers the material, so I believe the textual information is available, at least for those courses. It would be nice to see that added as an option to supplement or replace the video lessons.

I prefer reading as well, in many cases. I have also have a disability.

I wanted to use a printed book for a TGC course, but the content is not the same as the video. The book is nicely done with a good deal of information, but I would not find quiz answers in there.

For The Great Courses, under the "...", there is an option to view the transcript on Kanopy. For UCI, copy and paste (or Google) the main UCI site and navigate to the proper course lectures. They are loading from YouTube. For both, the transcript can be viewed in a separate page of the page or viewed as subtitles. 

OD should at least provide detailed instructions on how to access the transcripts. However, I found that some of the transcripts are missing for UCI videos, making it frustrating for me.

Besides the accessibility issue, I like OD. I'm really thankful for their Python course.

(12-22-2018, 09:45 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Merlin Wrote: I know that I personally learn much easier and faster via reading than I do from watching or listening to videos, and I know there are many others who do as well. I would love to see a way to bypass the video lessons and just read a transcript, or read a written supplement that goes over the same material. I imagine this must be a big problem for people who are hard of hearing or deaf as well.

I know that a lot of their material comes from The Great Courses. The physical version of their DVD's usually comes with a printed book that covers the material, so I believe the textual information is available, at least for those courses. It would be nice to see that added as an option to supplement or replace the video lessons.

[...]
I wanted to use a printed book for a TGC course, but the content is not the same as the video. The book is nicely done with a good deal of information, but I would not find quiz answers in there.
[...]

Interesting. I have a couple dozen of the Great Courses DVD sets that I've accumulated over the last decade or so. So far I've found that the accompanying books usually match the course material very closely. They're not a transcript, but usually include all the charts and tables and duplicate (or at least summarize) all the key points and important aspects of the lesson plan; I would imagine their books would make a great study guide for the OD exams. Unfortunately, I don't have their Intro to Programming in Python course, so I can't look myself to see how different it is, but it surprises me a bit to see that they're not in alignment with the quizzes given they are based on the same video lessons.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks for mentioning about the transcripts and course book. I was able to access both through kanopy so will definitely use that resource when I resume the python course.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-22-2018, 05:40 PM)Merlin Wrote: Interesting. I have a couple dozen of the Great Courses DVD sets that I've accumulated over the last decade or so. So far I've found that the accompanying books usually match the course material very closely. They're not a transcript, but usually include all the charts and tables and duplicate (or at least summarize) all the key points and important aspects of the lesson plan; I would imagine their books would make a great study guide for the OD exams. Unfortunately, I don't have their Intro to Programming in Python course, so I can't look myself to see how different it is, but it surprises me a bit to see that they're not in alignment with the quizzes given they are based on the same video lessons.

I haven't taken an OD final exam yet, but I checked one quiz. It was not for the Python course. The speaker gave certain examples and details that were not in my book. I was surprised too.

Also, transcripts for TGC courses are professionally done. The UCI have "auto-generated" YouTube captions, so they are much messier.

(08-18-2018, 11:50 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 10:05 AM)eriehiker Wrote: This site does not seem to care if you have multiple classes open at once, so it is possible to open three, four, whatever browser windows with each window playing a video.  Then just check back to see if the video is done and click to the next one.  This is obviously for people using the site as a test-out option. 
good to know!
I@ErieHiker just because you view things a certain way doesn't make it true for others or their future hiring managers. I've sat through numerous classes in real life on YouTube and doing homework for other classes just to pass the final just fine. My professors didn't care and it wasn't an ivy league school so it doesn't really matter. I guess I was just paying community college prices to "just test out". Also I'm doing these online through TESU and have been hired for two jobs paying $100k with degree in progress at TESU so quit hating. Life isn't fair and if someone wants to use OnlineDegree or whatever other source of credit to better themselves more power to them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,263 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 603 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,466 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 891 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 987 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 928 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie
  onlinedegree.com course difficulty/completion times? studyingfortests 4 1,249 07-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  onlinedegree.com ?? TINASAM 4 975 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  onlinedegree.com Cosmology carebear_007 2 795 02-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: carebear_007