Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree.com Is Finally Open
(10-05-2018, 10:36 AM)inkleind Wrote: Maybe I've missed a new thread but has anyone had these posted to their TESU transcript yet?

I haven't yet. I stopped work on the last OD course that I need so I can work on other things, then I will submit my transcript when I get back to it.
However, OD told me they're in the process of finalizing their articulation agreement right now(in the last few days) so when that happens we should know how OD courses will translate to TESU.
TESU BS NEET (in progress)
B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(2cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
Has anybody finished and submitted their OD courses to TESU (or any of the schools for that matter) yet? Would love to hear what they came out as :-)
Currently working on a couple courses right now.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
(10-18-2018, 11:54 AM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Has anybody finished and submitted their OD courses to TESU (or any of the schools for that matter) yet? Would love to hear what they came out as :-)
Currently working on a couple courses right now.

They've received my OD transcript and I should have my evaluation within the next couple of weeks. Only has Astronomy on it though.
Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • Doodlebabe
There are 2 threads open for members to post how their OnlineDegree courses transfer into TESU or COSC. If you could please post in those, we could build a list.

TESU https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...fer-Thread

COSC https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...fer-Thread
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
[-] The following 1 user Likes cookderosa's post:
  • Life_One
(09-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Merlin Wrote: I know that I personally learn much easier and faster via reading than I do from watching or listening to videos, and I know there are many others who do as well. I would love to see a way to bypass the video lessons and just read a transcript, or read a written supplement that goes over the same material. I imagine this must be a big problem for people who are hard of hearing or deaf as well.

I know that a lot of their material comes from The Great Courses. The physical version of their DVD's usually comes with a printed book that covers the material, so I believe the textual information is available, at least for those courses. It would be nice to see that added as an option to supplement or replace the video lessons.

I prefer reading as well, in many cases. I have also have a disability.

I wanted to use a printed book for a TGC course, but the content is not the same as the video. The book is nicely done with a good deal of information, but I would not find quiz answers in there.

For The Great Courses, under the "...", there is an option to view the transcript on Kanopy. For UCI, copy and paste (or Google) the main UCI site and navigate to the proper course lectures. They are loading from YouTube. For both, the transcript can be viewed in a separate page of the page or viewed as subtitles. 

OD should at least provide detailed instructions on how to access the transcripts. However, I found that some of the transcripts are missing for UCI videos, making it frustrating for me.

Besides the accessibility issue, I like OD. I'm really thankful for their Python course.
Working on second TESU degree. 
First Masters complete.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
(12-22-2018, 09:45 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Merlin Wrote: I know that I personally learn much easier and faster via reading than I do from watching or listening to videos, and I know there are many others who do as well. I would love to see a way to bypass the video lessons and just read a transcript, or read a written supplement that goes over the same material. I imagine this must be a big problem for people who are hard of hearing or deaf as well.

I know that a lot of their material comes from The Great Courses. The physical version of their DVD's usually comes with a printed book that covers the material, so I believe the textual information is available, at least for those courses. It would be nice to see that added as an option to supplement or replace the video lessons.

[...]
I wanted to use a printed book for a TGC course, but the content is not the same as the video. The book is nicely done with a good deal of information, but I would not find quiz answers in there.
[...]

Interesting. I have a couple dozen of the Great Courses DVD sets that I've accumulated over the last decade or so. So far I've found that the accompanying books usually match the course material very closely. They're not a transcript, but usually include all the charts and tables and duplicate (or at least summarize) all the key points and important aspects of the lesson plan; I would imagine their books would make a great study guide for the OD exams. Unfortunately, I don't have their Intro to Programming in Python course, so I can't look myself to see how different it is, but it surprises me a bit to see that they're not in alignment with the quizzes given they are based on the same video lessons.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University (12/35cu)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
Thanks for mentioning about the transcripts and course book. I was able to access both through kanopy so will definitely use that resource when I resume the python course.
TESU BS NEET (in progress)
B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(2cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
(12-22-2018, 05:40 PM)Merlin Wrote: Interesting. I have a couple dozen of the Great Courses DVD sets that I've accumulated over the last decade or so. So far I've found that the accompanying books usually match the course material very closely. They're not a transcript, but usually include all the charts and tables and duplicate (or at least summarize) all the key points and important aspects of the lesson plan; I would imagine their books would make a great study guide for the OD exams. Unfortunately, I don't have their Intro to Programming in Python course, so I can't look myself to see how different it is, but it surprises me a bit to see that they're not in alignment with the quizzes given they are based on the same video lessons.

I haven't taken an OD final exam yet, but I checked one quiz. It was not for the Python course. The speaker gave certain examples and details that were not in my book. I was surprised too.
First Masters complete.
Also, transcripts for TGC courses are professionally done. The UCI have "auto-generated" YouTube captions, so they are much messier.
First Masters complete.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Slayed by Python: Onlinedegree.com eriehiker 87 4,422 05-19-2019, 07:45 AM
Last Post: udi
  Onlinedegree/TESU Transfers Verify eriehiker 4 430 05-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Last Post: TonyaBay
  Any recommendations for notes or study guides for onlinedegree courses mdel210201 5 286 04-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  *NEW* University Tuition Discounts Section- OnlineDegree.com onlinedegree-com 6 526 04-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: onlinedegree-com
  How long does it take to complete an onlinedegree.com course mdel210201 3 220 04-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  onlinedegree.com Courses natshar 31 2,363 03-04-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  onlinedegree.com finals natshar 10 539 02-12-2019, 07:39 PM
  Feedback on OnlineDegree.com Zataralos 11 481 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM
  Unenrolling from Onlinedegree courses? natshar 3 324 01-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  OnlineDegree ---> COSC Transfer Thread cookderosa 4 569 12-22-2018, 09:30 AM