Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 250 quarter units and NO DEGREE
I have over 250 quarter units from various schools in California, but I do not have a degree. I am up for a promotion and will need to complete a bachelor's in ANY field as soon as possible. Help! I am not sure where to begin.  Below are the classes I completed:

University of California, Riverside (2017- Current) All courses with B+ or better
Introduction to Criminal Law & Procedure, SOC X 3 units
Introduction to Criminal Justice, SOC X2 3 units
Introduction to Criminal Intelligence, SOC X415.2 4 units (currently enrolled)
Crime Analysis Applications, SOC X415.1  4 units (currently enrolled)

San Diego Community College  [u][b]All courses with B+ or better[/b][/u]
Criminal Law II , ADJU 160, 3 units
Diversity & Community Relations, ADJU 106  3 units
Rules of Evidence, ADJU 210  3 units
Criminal Law I, ADJU 102,  3 units
Street Gangs & Law Enforcement, ADJU 182 3 units (currently enrolled)
Report Writing, ADJU 167 3 units (currently enrolled)

University of California, Irvine  [u][b]All courses with B+ or better[/b][/u]
Climate Protection and Environmental ENGRCEE X468 3 Units
Framework for Strategic Leadership SOCECOL X417.21  3 Units

University of California, Santa Barbara (1997-2001) All courses with a C or better
CHEM 1A-GEN CHEM    3 units
CHEM 1AL-GEN CHEM LAB     1 unit
EEMB 4FS-FRESHMAN SEMINAR     1 unit
INT 1-LIBRARY SKILLS   1 unit
MATH 15-PRECALCULUS  4 units
CHEM 1B-GEN CHEM C     3 units
CHEM 1BL-GEN CHEM LAB    1 unit
CHEM 90FS-FRESHMAN SEMINAR    2 units
EEMB 25-HUMAN ANATOMY    4 units
MCDB 23-BIOLOGY OF CANCER   3 units
WRIT 2-ACADEMIC WRITING  4 units
ANTH 2-INTRO CULT ANTHRO  4 units
CHEM 1C-GEN CHEM C  3 units 
CHEM 1CL-GEN CHEM LAB  1 unit
INT 20-INTRO TO UNIVERSITY   3 units 
PHIL 20C-HISTORY PHILOSOPHY  4 units
BL ST 2-GROUP EXPLOR RACISM  4 units
CHEM 107A-FUND. ORGANIC CHEM 3 units
MCDB 5A-INTRO BIOLOGY     4 units
MCDB 5AL-INTRO BIOLOGY LAB I   1 unit
CHEM 107A-FUND. ORGANIC CHEM 3 units 
MATH 3A-CALC WITH APPLI 4 units
PA A 101-PHYSIOL OF EXERCISE 4 units
PSY 1-GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY 4 units
BL ST 1-INTRO AF-AM STUDIES 4 units
C LIT 128-CHILDREN'S LIT 4 units    
MATH 3B-CALC WITH APPLI  4 units
PA A 3-NUTRITION/HEALTH 3 units
DA 5-INTRO TO ACTING 3 units
EEMB 5B-INTRO BIOLOGY II 4 units
BL ST 7-INTRO CARIB STUDIES 4 units
HIST 178M-AMER URBAN CRIME 4 units
PHYS 6A-INTRODUCTORY PHYSIC 3 units
PHYS 6AL-INTRO EXPER PHYSICS 1 unit
WRIT 109ST-WRIT SCIENCE/TECH 4 units
BL ST 193L-SEM BLACK STUDIES 4 units 
EEMB 5BL-INTRO BIOL LAB II   1 unit   
PHYS 6B-INTRODUCTORY PHYSIC 3 units
PHYS 6BL-INTRO EXPER PHYSICS  1 unit
EEMB 5CL-INTRO BIOL LAB III  1 unit
PA 1- 9B-INTERMED BOWLING P 0.5 units
PA A 50L-ATHLETIC INJURY LAB  1 unit   
PA A 193-INTERNSHIP  4 units
PHYS 6CL-INTRO EXPER PHYSICS  1 unit 
ANTH 105-HUMAN VARIATION  4 units
PHYS 6C-INTRODUCTORY PHYSIC 3 units
BL ST 142-MUS AFRO-AMER 4 units   
EEMB 30-STATISTICS 4 units 
PSY 105-DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCH 4 units
EEMB 131-PRIN OF EVOLUTION 4 units
EEMB 138-ETHOL/BEHAV ECOLOGY 5 units   
EEMB 171-ECOSYSTEM PROCESSES  4 units   
ANTH 153T-PRIMATE BEHAVIOR 4 units
EEMB 3-INTRO BIOLOGY III   3 units
EEMB 149-MARICULTURE 4 units
EEMB 163-DEEP-SEA BIOLOGY  3 units
IST 102DT-SPECIAL TOPICS  4 units
ANTH 3SS-INTRO ARCHAEOLOGY  4 units
ANTH 5-INTRO PHYSICAL ANTH  4 units   
EEMB 156-REPRODUCTION 4 units
EEMB 143-ECOLOGICAL PHYSIOL  3 units
PA A 98-READINGS  4 units

University of California, Los Angeles
OBEE 162-PLANT PHYSIOLOGY 6 units

I started my studies with a focus on biology (I was a horrible student). I am now working in the law enforcement field and am interested in the topic and thus, I am excelling in the classes I have completed. I addition to the formal college and university coursework, I have completed many other POST trainings that I hope will count towards credits.

I am hoping to complete a degree related to criminal justice but at this time, I am in a crunch and will take ANY bachelor's degree that can be completed in the next 2-3 months.

I hope I am not breaking in forum rules with posting this here.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Bachelor's degrees require a capstone course which lasts 12 weeks. Enrollment can take up to a month depending on the time of month.

If you did the B.A. in Liberal Studies at TESU, you could get their Associate's degree in Criminal Justice at the same time. However, that may slow you down slightly. I think you would need a Study.com course and maybe 1 other exam to get the CJ degree.

(01-06-2018, 05:10 PM)Ideas Wrote: Bachelor's degrees require a capstone course which lasts 12 weeks. Enrollment can take up to a month depending on the time of month.

If you did the B.A. in Liberal Studies at TESU, you could get their Associate's degree in Criminal Justice at the same time. However, that may slow you down slightly. I think you would need a Study.com course and maybe 1 other exam to get the CJ degree.

Thanks! I applied to TESU last night and as my name suggestions, I have my fingers crossed.  I ordered all transcripts and many of the UCs send them electronically which I hope will speed things up a bit.
I agree with Ideas. BALS from TESU is probably your best option. You should be good to add the Associate's in CJ. If you need any exta credits for CJ you can knock them out quickly from Study.com, but it doesn't look like you will need any extra.

Even with maximum credit transfer 2-3 months might not be a month. Might be more like 4-6 months. It depends on when you can start and complete the capstone and which graduation date works.

Apply for TESU now and start sending your transcripts. (and by know, I mine right now)
Start reviewing this forum for feedback on the Liberal Arts capstone.
Register for the capstone as soon as you can.
Wrap up the two CJ courses you are enrolled in. The look like they are UL and you will need those.
Once your eval comes back, it can take a month, find courses to fill the gaps.

In addition to the timeline, I see two other potential issues:

I'm not sure if you will have enough UL credit. It could be close depending on how TESU evaluates your courses. You may want to look for a couple of options just in case. With your CJ course work, DSST Substance Abuse may be one option. Study.com Juvenile Justice is evaluationed as UL by ACE, but the TESU course is LL, so not sure how that will come in.

The second is that you are currently enrolled in 4 courses and I assume working. Can you handle the capstone and other possible requirements with your accelerated timeframe?

We posted at the same time. I see that you already applied, that is good.

Can you provide more details on your POST trainings? I'm not familiar with them. You may need to do PLA which is time consuming, but it is possible that they have already been evaluated by TESU and will automatically get credit.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
fingerscrossedx2 Wrote:Thanks! I applied to TESU last night and as my name suggestions, I have my fingers crossed.  I ordered all transcripts and many of the UCs send them electronically which I hope will speed things up a bit.

Did you apply anywhere else? You should wait for an evaluation and then post it here so we can review it. Suggestions below.
BTW, you mentioned POST training, did you get certificates or anything from them? You can PLA some credit if you have work/life experience as well for a BACJ degree.

TESU will require at least 18 UL credits and from what I see, none of your courses is upper level. I highly suggest the BALS at this point to use all of your credits and finish it off with Shmoop for a month at $88. If your courses can transfer in properly, your general education/electives should have been met.

Basically, you just need UL 5 courses from Shmoop and the capstone to finish off your BALS English Lit Concentration degree. I think you should also complete the Associates in CJ since you're almost there, and/or an Associates in NSM Biology, you may require just another Biology course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I read Plant Physiology as Plant Psychology and was very confused.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • ajs1976a, rachel83az, StoicJ
Once someone applies for graduation, it takes over a month to get graduation approval and over 2 months to get the actual degree. But you can at least tell your employer that you applied for graduation.

TESU only has 4 graduation deadlines a year. You could aim to apply for June graduation on April 1st. Worst case, they push you to 3 months later.

(01-06-2018, 05:51 PM)jsd Wrote: I read Plant Physiology as Plant Psychology and was very confused.

Are you trying to deny that plants have feelings and deserve validation?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • cookderosa
(01-06-2018, 05:38 PM)ajs1976a Wrote: I agree with Ideas.  BALS from TESU is probably your best option.  You should be good to add the Associate's in CJ.  If you need any exta credits for CJ you can knock them out quickly from Study.com, but it doesn't look like you will need any extra.

Even with maximum credit transfer 2-3 months might not be a month.  Might be more like 4-6 months.  It depends on when you can start and complete the capstone and which graduation date works.  

Apply for TESU now and start sending your transcripts.  (and by know, I mine right now)
Start reviewing this forum for feedback on the Liberal Arts capstone.
Register for the capstone as soon as you can.
Wrap up the two CJ courses you are enrolled in.  The look like they are UL and you will need those.
Once your eval comes back, it can take a month, find courses to fill the gaps.

In addition to the timeline, I see two other potential issues:

I'm not sure if you will have enough UL credit.  It could be close depending on how TESU evaluates your courses.  You may want to look for a couple of options just in case.  With your CJ course work, DSST Substance Abuse may be one option.  Study.com Juvenile Justice is evaluationed as UL by ACE, but the TESU course is LL, so not sure how that will come in.

The second is that you are currently enrolled in 4 courses and I assume working.  Can you handle the capstone and other possible requirements with your accelerated timeframe?

We posted at the same time.  I see that you already applied, that is good.

Can you provide more details on your POST trainings?  I'm not familiar with them.  You may need to do PLA which is time consuming, but it is possible that they have already been evaluated by TESU and will automatically get credit.

This forum is amazing. I am starting to have hope! 

The courses I am currently working on are for a Certificate in Crime Analysis with the California Department of Justice. I am super focused on ensuring I complete that program as while it is not a requirement for the promotion I seek, it would give me a HUGE leg up. I work full time, but my schedule is compressed to 4 days a week. That means I have 3 days a week to fully commit to any course available. Two of the courses I am enrolled require weekend attendance and require only a few weekends to complete. I have the ability to take a few weeks off for vacation and plan to use them wisely in focusing on completing a degree.

The majority of upper division work I have completed was in biology. I am looking now into the how to gain any extra UL credits quickly.

(01-06-2018, 05:53 PM)Ideas Wrote: Once someone applies for graduation, it takes over a month to get graduation approval and over 2 months to get the actual degree. But you can at least tell your employer that you applied for graduation.

TESU only has 4 graduation deadlines a year. You could aim to apply for June graduation on April 1st. Worst case, they push you to 3 months later.

(01-06-2018, 05:51 PM)jsd Wrote: I read Plant Physiology as Plant Psychology and was very confused.

Are you trying to deny that plants have feelings and deserve validation?

Graduating in June would actually work!
Assuming the 4 courses from UC Riverside Extension and UC Irvine Extension are valid (meaning college credit), you have 14 units UL right there (but I'm not certain if they're semester-units or quarter-units).  I also know that the UC system schools don't always number UL and LL courses the same as other schools (100/200 for LL, and 300/400 for UL).  So there's no way for us here to be able to determine what TESU will give for those courses.  With 196 quarter units at UCSB alone, I'm almost positive tons of those will be UL credits.  They wouldn't let you just rack up a bunch of LL credit like that.

You should definitely look at the BALS without a concentration if it makes a difference (BALS with concentration may add too many credits to your plan).  If you just need ANY degree, why would you make it more difficult to get one if you didn't have to?

I can do a plan for you later, but it's really hard to tell what's going on.  So, I think that you should wait for an eval to come through, and look at the BALS and see if you think you have everything you need in the Gen Eds.  Like, did you take English Comp I & II?  Do you have an ethics course?  How about Am Govt?  Math?  Fill in the spreadsheet with what you've done, and look at where you think you might be.  Then, take anything you need, transfer it to TESU, and get going.

Also, register for February's capstone course while you're waiting.  No matter what you end up with - BALS with or without a concentration - you'll need that capstone.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 43.51 KB / Downloads: 12)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
Graduating in June is very tight because the February capstone would be ending at the end of April. But it may be doable.

I'm not sure if the AAS in CJ needs UL, and how much, but I see that you do have enough credits, if you have enough UL.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,343 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,774 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,001 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,323 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,680 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero