Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpaid Jobs
I know everyone hears all about jobs that are "underpaid." As in they aren't getting paid enough for the work they do and/or training or credentials required. But what about overpaid? Anyone have any thoughts on this? It is okay if others don't agree.

I have one to start off. In the city near where I live there are automated parking garages. They pay college kids an upwards of $12/hr to man the automated parking garages. Thats crazy considering the minimum wage here is $9/hr.  Anyone else have any thoughts?
Since you said it was ok to disagree lol, I don't believe that there are jobs where people are overpaid. The market takes care of these kinds of problems on its own. I think there are individuals that are overpaid, but whole categories of jobs? Naw.
congressmen
[-] The following 7 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • leland.kirk, mudball, Muldoon, quigongene, radconjohn, Sapientes, tifferbugz
bluebooger Wrote:congressmen

That's one of a few times I agree with you... that's exactly what came to my mind first. Government employees are so slow at doing their jobs, it's insane. Policy makers and other "higher up" echelons do very little and yet get paid a handsome amount of cash.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • radconjohn, Sapientes, tifferbugz
(10-22-2018, 05:53 PM)bluebooger Wrote: congressmen

That's a good one.
Politicians!!!!!
NFL Players Rolleyes
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(10-22-2018, 04:20 PM)natshar Wrote: I know everyone hears all about jobs that are "underpaid." As in they aren't getting paid enough for the work they do and/or training or credentials required. But what about overpaid? Anyone have any thoughts on this? It is okay if others don't agree.

I have one to start off. In the city near where I live there are automated parking garages. They pay college kids an upwards of $12/hr to man the automated parking garages. Thats crazy considering the minimum wage here is $9/hr.  Anyone else have any thoughts?

What kind of parking garages? I worked security in a parking garage and wished I was allowed to carry a gun because there were always drunk fighting on the weekends. I wouldn't want to work at a university parking garage at night without a gun. That's where many robberies and sexual assaults happen.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
A sad public high school teacher brags to her kids about communism (true story).  I think we should start with her and give her Commie wages NOT Capitalist wages. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • Sapientes
(10-22-2018, 09:43 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: NFL Players Rolleyes

Profit sharing, at it's finest.  When the league starts making less, the players will be the first to see cuts in pay.  Besides, they put their bodies and brains on the line for their money.  Not worth it in my opinion.

College Presidents, along with all of the people that work at the top.

Here's a job that shouldn't even exist, let alone pay hundreds of thousands of dollars: Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at UC Irvine. Ridiculous.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • mudball, Sapientes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IT worker keeps 2 jobs for income security indigoshuffle 1 481 02-10-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best & Worst jobs - I wonder... bjcheung77 2 616 01-28-2022, 06:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Facebook Remote Jobs Dorothy44 0 686 06-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  650,000 jobs Alpha 20 2,319 03-21-2021, 10:18 AM
  Who's applying for jobs? Amazon's hiring! bjcheung77 8 1,656 12-28-2020, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  The Fastest Growing Jobs in America Don't Require a College Degree sanantone 0 1,127 09-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Full-Time Work from home jobs? acamp 16 3,389 12-19-2018, 01:26 AM
  Need advice about jobs - HELP! burbuja0512 21 3,641 09-29-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: lmckown
  9 Out of 10 New Jobs are Going to Those with a College Degree sanantone 15 3,035 06-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  What sort of entry-level business-related jobs are there? Thorne 11 2,439 02-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Bibby