Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed 1st CLEP
Passed US History II with a 64 today
I pretty much only used InstantCert, and that only for about 2-2.5 weeks of on and off study between 12 hr. days at work
there's nothing like the high of seeing a passing score on the screen at the end haha

i like it, i love it, i want some more of it - tim mcgraw
a country boy can survive
Good job! That's a great score! What will your next test be?
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Welcome abord! Know that feeling all to well! hilarious

BTW, excellent score! That's one to be proud of, especially when considering 2 weeks of study with 12 hours of work/day!!
gnpine Wrote:Passed US History II with a 64 today
I pretty much only used InstantCert, and that only for about 2-2.5 weeks of on and off study between 12 hr. days at work
there's nothing like the high of seeing a passing score on the screen at the end haha

Congrats and Excellent score! I remember the good old days when I took my first one and then I was hooked.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
HorseManiac Wrote:Good job! That's a great score! What will your next test be?

Actually not sure what/when my next test will be; I haven’t mapped out my degree yet... I needed History to wrap up high-school. Are you using CollegePlus or a similar service to figure out what tests are needed for which majors etc? Or are you still on general ed classes?
gnpine Wrote:Actually not sure what/when my next test will be; I haven’t mapped out my degree yet... I needed History to wrap up high-school. Are you using CollegePlus or a similar service to figure out what tests are needed for which majors etc? Or are you still on general ed classes?

No, I'm not using CollegePlus or anything like that. To map out my degree I just read on the forum and looked at other members plans. Then I took the equivalent list from TESC since that's who I'm planning on going with. Not sure who you are looking at, but here is the TESC link. I just filled in the degree plan. Anytime I had questions I asked someone on the forum usually someone working towards the same degree, but not always. If you want someone to look it over, you can post it here when you're done. I'm not an expert by any means, but if you are doing anything with finance or history and you have a question, I can try my best to help. Just send me a PM.

Hope this helps!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Congrats! :hurray: Many blessings!
Many blessings!
TayTay

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." {Heb. 13:8}

CLEP: English Comp with Essay-51, US Hist. I-60, College Math-65, College Algebra-56, Analyzing and Interpreting Lit-72, Principles of Market.-62, Principles of Man.-60, Human Growth & Develop.-57, Humanities-64, Social Sciences & Hist.-55, Western Civ. I-55, Intro. Psych.-68, Intro to Ed. Psych.-65, Intro. Sociology-61, Western Civ. II-53, US Hist. II-66

DSST: Civil War & Reconstruction-66, Intro to Computing-450, History of the Vietnam War-63, Intro to World Religions-473, Principles of Supervision-445, Intro to Business-429, Here's to Your Health-422, Fund. of Counseling-60, General Anthro.-60, Art of the Western World-74, Intro to Modern Middle East-61, Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union-64

Other: FEMA-12 Credits, TESC-Capstone (A), BYU-Italian Renaissance Ind. Study (A-), World Conflicts-ECE ©

TESC Graduate as of March 2014 - B.A. History - Arnold Fletcher Award
HorseManiac Wrote:No, I'm not using CollegePlus or anything like that. To map out my degree I just read on the forum and looked at other members plans. Then I took the equivalent list from TESC since that's who I'm planning on going with. Not sure who you are looking at, but here is the TESC link. I just filled in the degree plan. Anytime I had questions I asked someone on the forum usually someone working towards the same degree, but not always. If you want someone to look it over, you can post it here when you're done. I'm not an expert by any means, but if you are doing anything with finance or history and you have a question, I can try my best to help. Just send me a PM.

Hope this helps!

ok - cool, i'll check out the link
thx
gnpine Wrote:Passed US History II with a 64 today

i like it, i love it, i want some more of it - tim mcgraw

CLEP is like a drug, once you start, its hard to stop. Nothing like instant gratification!
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Congratulations! That's fantastic. And I'm with HorseManiac... It's so easy to map out your degree! Just take a look at the TESC degree plans and start filling in ones that you KNOW would work (ie. CLEP Humanities for the Humanities requirements), then do forum searches to find the rest... If it has not already been asked on here, ask it!

Best of luck!
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,265 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 8 1,215 12-15-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,623 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,842 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,491 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,253 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,208 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az