Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payment Plan
Does anyone know how the Excelsior payment plan works? It says you can divide it up between 2-6 payments. Do you have to make all those payments within the course timeline? For instance, if I take an 8 week course would it be divided into one payment the first month and one payment the second month? I'll be getting reimbursed from my employer but I want to know how much I'm going to have to come up with upfront.
It's always best to see what they have in terms of payment plans, but here's the basics: https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...ent-plans/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The link bjcheung provided shows this:

Monthly payments made while completing course(s). Number of payments available based on registration date. Technology Fees and Academic Services Fees can be added to the payment plan.

So yes your payments have to be made while you're taking the course. You'll most likely have to pay the full tuition upfront. Employers typically reimburse you after you receive grades and they usually have a minimum grade required. The course sometimes also has to relate to your job. So for example if you were a bread baker, they wouldn't pay for a class on astronomy. Be sure to read your company's policies on tuition reimbursement and ask them if you have any questions on it. Some companies are super easy with it and others are wicked stringent.
(03-22-2024, 09:57 AM)ss20ts Wrote: The link bjcheung provided shows this:

Monthly payments made while completing course(s).  Number of payments available based on registration date. Technology Fees and Academic Services Fees can be added to the payment plan.

So yes your payments have to be made while you're taking the course. You'll most likely have to pay the full tuition upfront. Employers typically reimburse you after you receive grades and they usually have a minimum grade required. The course sometimes also has to relate to your job. So for example if you were a bread baker, they wouldn't pay for a class on astronomy. Be sure to read your company's policies on tuition reimbursement and ask them if you have any questions on it. Some companies are super easy with it and others are wicked stringent.

Thanks, my employer will cover any program, and I signed up for the payment plan. For my eight week courses it was 25 percent down with three more payments.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,213 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Plan for EU BSBA memyselfni 6 1,157 05-16-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 4 873 03-01-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Payment at Excelsior Risa 1 869 01-12-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: alsimko
  Excelsior business degree plan desireelws50 7 1,465 11-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is this a reasonable Excelsior study plan? ninod 0 1,234 01-10-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: ninod
  Help me come up with a course plan, please! sweetnava 4 1,301 11-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Excelsior Degree Plan - questions on UL credit sources EducationSeeker 15 4,991 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ddillenberger
  Where can i find Excelsior full plan and requisites for BSBA? cecilgambe7 1 1,172 07-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Excelsior BS Psychology Degree Plan harrypotter 1 1,463 07-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore