C#
java
C
C++

they might accpet this course from Penn Foster
Introduction to Programming ICS-0239
ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

Learning Outcome:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to describe basic programming steps; create modules and hierarchy charts; use Boolean expressions; create loops; add control breaks; create arrays; search and sort arrays; validate input; solve problems with recursion; use UML diagrams to design classes; design graphical user interfaces; and write event handlers.

or
Visual Basic ICS-0164
Learning Outcome:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to describe the different methodologies and tools of Visual Basic; develop a simple Visual Basic program; identify classes and objects and how they differ; describe the different characteristics and techniques of object-oriented programming;
Forgive my idiotic self. It actually says complete 3 semester hours in a programming language with a Grade of C or better. Now to ask what's the easiest programming language to take?
tsimmns Wrote:Forgive my idiotic self. It actually says complete 3 semester hours in a programming language with a Grade of C or better. Now to ask what's the easiest programming language to take?

I'm going to be taking both the SL Intro to Computer Science (C++) and also the Saylor Intro to Computer Science (Java)
I'm hoping they don't overlap, so I'm most likely going to email TESU just to be on the safe side before I take the course.
Those two should be easier than the other courses available online , and cheaper to boot as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
tsimmns Wrote:Forgive my idiotic self. It actually says complete 3 semester hours in a programming language with a Grade of C or better. Now to ask what's the easiest programming language to take?
Python and Java are relatively easy and widely used.

I've taken COMP268 from Athabasca - it's a good course, but when I took it (2013), the final was an old-fashioned paper exam. Athabasca as an institution is great. With the Canadian dollar so depressed right now, now is definitely the time to take courses from them if you need them.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

My general recommendation is Python. Python is probably the all-around most useful of the group, and fairly easy to learn. You can program GUI applications, Databases, do scripting, and even Machine Learning and Computer Vision.

C is tricky for the beginner, plus I really recommend learning an object-oriented language as your first. C++ is the hardest on your list for the same reasons that C is tricky. C# is good if you really need/want to live in a .NET world. It's my platform of choice if I need to do Windows apps. Choose Java if you want to do Android programming, or have some other reason to learn it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
bjcheung77 Wrote:I'm going to be taking both the SL Intro to Computer Science (C++) and also the Saylor Intro to Computer Science (Java)
I'm hoping they don't overlap, so I'm most likely going to email TESU just to be on the safe side before I take the course.
Those two should be easier than the other courses available online , and cheaper to boot as well.

SL's course is Intro to Programming in C++ and comes in as COS-213
Saylor's Intro to Computer Science comes in as COS-101 - they bring it in as the same course number of the CLEP & DSST exams, so I don't think they will count it as a Programming course. But it certainly can't hurt to check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Python is the most useful language and easy to learn. I would recommend Python as well if you have a choice.

That being said, I would not go out of my way to choose Python if cheaper and faster options using Java or C++ are available. If you don't ever want to program again, Python, Java, C++ are all ok.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
So from the looks of things Python appears to be the way to go with it being the easiest. Now does anyone know shere to find a course in it online. Reading the descriptions for these courses listed are somewhat confusing as none really mention C or Java or Python, they just all say basic programming from what's listed.
I posted a python course on the first page

although I agree python is generally easier than other languages you can't say "a python course will be easier than an C or C++ course"

it all depends on what's taught and how good the instructor is
I did MIT's python course on edx and I didn't like it at all
https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-...6-00-1x-7#!

the course is starting again soon and you can get credit for it at COSC -- "Students who enroll in the Verified Certificate track and pass the course with an 65% or higher are eligible to receive Charter Oak State College credit."

here's some of the videos of the course on youtube if you want to see what its like
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...iJDlyNFGvi

on the other hand I also did Harvard's Introduction to Computer Science on edx and loved it (its taught with C)
they went so much slower, the projects were more interesting, the the professor is 100x better at explaining stuff
(although because it is Harvard I think their "Introduction" started to move into the "intermediate" by the end of the course --- how many intro courses have you writing trees, tries, hash tables and web servers ?)

I looked at the syllabus for the python course I posted
https://www.uni.edu/continuinged/sites/d...S-1510.pdf
and it seems ok -- nothing too difficult

I also looked at the straighterline's c++ I don't see anything difficult at all
https://s3.amazonaws.com/StraighterLine/...ingCpp.pdf

the straighterline C++ content actually looks less advanced than the Northern Iowa python course (although "less advanced" usually means "less interesting projects")
Northern Iowa definitely looks like it would be more interesting

the first Penn Foster course -- "Introduction to Programming" -- looks like it will be easy -- it looks like it uses no specific language -- it probably just uses psuedo code -- where programs are explained in english, not a computer language

example:
---------------------
if its raining now or is scheduled to rain later then
take an umbrella
else if its snowing then
wear snow shoes
else
put on shorts and go to the beach
end
----------------------

see, you just learned boolean logic, conditionals, a "for" statement and an "else" statement in pseudocode

from the description I see the course also covers -- "use UML diagrams to design classes" -- no programming class I have ever taken teaches that -- flowcharts and uml = boring
it will be extremely easy, but extremely boring

but the other Penn Foster course is taught with Visual Basic (probably VB.Net) and it looks kind of complicated for a beginner (VB is easy, but he course description -- "building class libraries and register assemblies, programming with Structured Query Language, Server and Active Data Objects, and developing Windows 8 applications." -- looks like its not really for beginners -- unless you think you'll really enjoy programming and want to put a lot of time into this course)

TESU's C++ guided study course has a couple of proctored exams
but their C guided study course has none -- http://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/CO...S-116.html

and although the C syllabus is not informative at all it doesn't look like the class goes beyond the basics

I think C and C++ are generally easy
and if the teacher is good
and if the class stays with the basics then they are fine languages to start with

look at one of thenewboston's C++ videos -- https://thenewboston.com/videos.php?cat=16&video=17481

now look at one of his C videos -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3sj5iTK_0M (full screen it and set the video quality to 1080 or else its difficult to read)

neither is too difficult

I think there are enough tutorial videos on youtube that doing straighterline C++ or TESU's C or C++ shouldn't be difficult

but any class that starts to cover "merge sort" and "binary trees" and "retrieving data from databases" is going to be difficult for beginners no matter what language its in (that would be the Harvard course, the MIT course and even Penn Foster's VB course)

oh, and personal preference -- I would choose C++ over java any day -- java is a butt ugly language

and that's my opinion Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,366 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,374 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Easy TESU Class...need help omuneek 4 1,472 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: omuneek
  Easiest Math Class for TESU BALS? Kickedthehabit2 3 1,386 05-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easy TESU class? sarg123 19 4,579 04-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Are there any Programming Language courses in Python that TESU will accept? camjenks 2 1,095 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Sapientes
  One hour UL class for COSC frank.f.franky 4 1,744 04-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Last Post: boalex207
  Thomas Edison Calculus Class ALstudent 8 2,408 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Statistics, think TESU will give me credit for this class? StoicJ 5 1,736 01-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: StoicJ