Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SDC 306 - Computer Architecture
Finished my project and quizzes for comp arch.  Waiting for a grade on the project, 98% average on the quizzes.  Just took a practice final and got a 92%.  Plan is to take 2 or 3 more practice tests tomorrow and then hit the record final.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • alab21
Reply from an Advisor regarding BSBA CIS AOS

Thank you, but unfortunately neither Study.com course is approved. You need upper-level courses for your area of study and Software Engineering transfers at the lower level. You do not have room for Project Management.
Patricia C. Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University
------------------

(10-15-2019, 10:43 AM)akr680 Wrote: Reply from an Advisor regarding BSBA CIS AOS

Thank you, but unfortunately neither Study.com course is approved. You need upper-level courses for your area of study and Software Engineering transfers at the lower level. You do not have room for Project Management.
Patricia C. Certo, MBA

What does "you do not have room" mean???  If you need UL courses, and that one is UL, why would you not have room for it?  Does she mean that course is not approved for the CIS AOS?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(10-15-2019, 11:50 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:43 AM)akr680 Wrote: Reply from an Advisor regarding BSBA CIS AOS

Patricia C. Certo, MBA

What does "you do not have room" mean???  If you need UL courses, and that one is UL, why would you not have room for it?  Does she mean that course is not approved for the CIS AOS?

Yes, Project management is not approved.
------------------

Finally finished this class. Got 98 or 99% on the quizzes. 74% on the final. 83% on the project. final grade 85%.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • akr680
Bumping this thread because I am working my way through Architecture and Discreet Math. I am doing IT instead of CS at TESU because I don't want to do the liberal arts capstone. I have finished everything but Architecture and I am currently enrolled in the APS capstone. I am about 50% of the way through the quizzes. I hope the help here is enough for the project. It does look like a doozy.

I wanted to mention I think the grading (knock on wood) has improved since the comments in this thread. I received high marks on both my C++ and Algorithms assignments and it was clear the graders knew their stuff and understood my programs.

I also took Java and the programming course difficulties are all over the map. My coding experience is mostly in old school C (mid 90s) so working with C++ and Java wasn't too hard (although I'm new to OO). I threw the Java code together in about an hour and got an 80 or so. The C++ took quite a bit longer (mostly because I had to figure out how to use the vector class and had to rewrite several sections as I ran into limitations of my design (maybe because I just started coding instead of doing any design!)). The algorithms level of difficulty seemed to be in between the Java and C++ assignments. I probably didn't need to spend as much time as I did but I received a 97 on Algorithms and 100 on C++.
I passed! 85 on the exam and the assignment grader was extremely generous with the rubric. The pointer of adding comments to the assembly code was the best advice. Thank goodness for YouTube. There are some great examples out there but it takes a while to piece it all together. No doubt it is the most difficulty SDC course I have done by an order of magnitude.
Anyone got a reference for phase three? I'm struggling, hard to build that control unit...!
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

I haven't done this yet but have you already done a Google search for "how to implement control unit logisim"? There are some YT videos and some websites. But I don't know how useful they are or are not.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-06-2021, 09:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I haven't done this yet but have you already done a Google search for "how to implement control unit logisim"? There are some YT videos and some websites. But I don't know how useful they are or are not.

Thanks rachel83az, I've seen all the top 10 videos in any permutations of that phase. There just isn't one that touch purely on a control unit. It's always tied to something, or is something that seems like an over kill to build. Sad

Would love to see how someone who have done this course and implemented phase 3.
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 773 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Computer Architecture Questions ACI 4 886 03-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,603 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC: Computer Science 107 vs Analytics 103? raekwon 7 1,739 06-13-2022, 01:58 AM
  Anyone recently take CS402: Computer Communications and Networks yellow_gambit 7 1,979 04-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: pajakuta
  URGENT! SDC computer architecture project : part 4 Bobbym 23 3,123 12-27-2021, 09:43 PM
  Question about COS 306 Computer Architecture Study.com Final assignment exxxius 17 3,096 12-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  study.com computer architecture assignment help maxxor6868 9 2,987 10-25-2021, 10:17 AM
  Help on COS 306 Computer Architecture Study.com Final assignment StudentOLife 7 2,013 09-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jsarles
  Computer Science 201 | Data Structures & Algorithms akr680 2 1,541 08-31-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Pats20