Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC assignments before final
Hello everyone,

This is probably a dumb question but I was wondering if it matters if I do my final exam on SDC before I do the assignments.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help!
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
They say on the site to do the assignments first, but people here have done the final exam first without problems.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • acethroughcollege
It doesn't matter. I usually do the assignment later and I haven't had any issues.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • acethroughcollege
I think it's usually good to do the exam first. It can take a while to do the assignment(s) and, when you're done, you're probably going to remember less of the whole course than if you took the exam immediately. Also, if you do the exam first, you can then cancel or pause your account while working on the assignment. You don't need an active College Accelerator account to submit assignments, though you need to contact support for information on where to send them.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • acethroughcollege, jsd
you can turn the assignments in months after you do the final. they don't care
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • acethroughcollege
I did my assignments first, but they were all easy, so I wanted to get them out of the way before pushing through all the quizzes and the final in one sitting. On at least one final, I learned the answer to a couple different questions by doing the assignment, so there's that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • acethroughcollege
Yes, it's all personal preference, I always just follow through with the course content provided... so, I go through the quizzes, exam, and then the assignments. It really benefits you doing the quizzes first, then you can decide if you want to do the final or the assignments next...

Update: sometimes you may want to go through "subject" by subject, because of the overlapping info. But then it may get boring, maybe add a second course into it to mix things up. I have a few courses in Study.com and go through them accordingly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • acethroughcollege
I have always done assignments first because it helps me know the grade I have to get on my final. Plus, in my experience - assignments always are graded in 2 days versus 7-8. Follow the rubric and it’s easy to get a perfect score. I’ve never had to resubmit even for upper level courses
DSST
Substance Abuse 470, Fundamentals of Counseling 466, General Anthropology 445, Foundations of Education 424, Technical Writing 450
CLEP
Human Growth & Development 58, Intro to Educational Psychology 66, College Composition 66, College Composition Modular 65, Intro to Sociology 64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 50, American Government 55, College Algebra 63, Macroeconomics 52, Biology 55
SDC 
Ethics in the Social science, Statistics, Cognitive Psychology, Research methods, Personality Theory, History & Systems of Psychology, Ethics in America, History of the US II
CooperSmith
Abnormal Psychology, Physiological Psychology
UExcel
Psychology of Adulthood & Aging, Social Psychology
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amberlinjeanne's post:
  • acethroughcollege
(05-14-2022, 09:42 AM)Amberlinjeanne Wrote: I have always done assignments first because it helps me know the grade I have to get on my final. Plus, in my experience - assignments always are graded in 2 days versus 7-8. Follow the rubric and it’s easy to get a perfect score. I’ve never had to resubmit even for upper level courses

I concur with this statement but it is not the advice typically given here. I liked going into the final knowing what score I needed because then I knew immediately when it ended that I passed the class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • acethroughcollege

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Are study.com assignments necessary? Lingo55 17 4,330 09-03-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 768 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,386 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 700 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,181 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 804 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 603 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC - English 205: English Composition II - Can I take final exam first? Titan_s 4 938 12-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sb2013
  SDC Final Exam JTPhoneHome 3 684 11-14-2022, 02:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77