Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelor’s with FlexPath?
(04-05-2021, 12:54 PM)freeloader Wrote: I would look at Northern Arizona competency based program, specifically the BA/BS in Management with an emphasis in HR. Seems like exactly what you want, degree wise. If you could get it done in 1 six-month term, it would cost you $3,000. To me, spending an extra $300 to get the degree you want from a far superior school in terms of reputation (and probably quality of education) is an absolute no brainer.

I currently attend UMPI and have very positive things to say about it as well.

Do you happen to know how many credits they might transfer in at Northern Arizona.  I took a quick peek at their site and didn’t see it.  That could be a determining factor.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
https://nau.edu/admission/transfer/

90 credits, you must take 30 at NAU.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
I have been looking at the UMPI site as several have suggested. I see that they require a Biology class. In all honesty, that class alone would rule that program out for me. I hate biology classes. It was required when I was a Psychology major. The best grade I could get in Biology was a D. It is the reason I changed my major and my previous classes won’t transfer. Anything with Biology is a hard pass for me.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

It doesn't have to be biology at UMPI. That happens to be the only online science class available right now. ashkir posted a list of what they'll accept here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid333844 You could do a quick & cheap geology course somewhere.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-05-2021, 03:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It doesn't have to be biology at UMPI. That happens to be the only online science class available right now. ashkir posted a list of what they'll accept here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid333844 You could do a quick & cheap geology course somewhere.

Awesome!   Since I did so poorly with Biology, I did take a Chemistry class and got a B.  So maybe that would cover it.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(04-05-2021, 03:58 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 03:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It doesn't have to be biology at UMPI. That happens to be the only online science class available right now. ashkir posted a list of what they'll accept here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid333844 You could do a quick & cheap geology course somewhere.

Awesome!   Since I did so poorly with Biology, I did take a Chemistry class and got a B.  So maybe that would cover it.

Yeah, it should work.  Big Grin
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
LOL, I am the opposite... I loved Biology and also like Chemistry... actually, I love all the Sciences! hahaha... If you have options, I highly suggest looking at the Big 3 and other schools and if need be, just finish the degree at Stayer. It's the Masters degree that counts in the end, so spend more time on that degree instead....
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It may be the Master's that counts in the end but you should also consider what might happen if you decide that you don't want to continue on to a Master's after all. Being stuck with a Capella degree wouldn't be the best choice since there are other options available.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
OP, you said you have a prior bachelor’s, right?  UMPI should wave/mark as completed all of your Gen Eds.  That’s their policy.  I have a prior BA in history and only had to meet the 30 hours at UMPI requirement and complete the required courses for the major/concentration.

Not sure if there is a requirement that the prior bachelor’s be RA , a certain GPA, or anything like that (if it might apply to you). Should probably double check on the particulars before you commit to UMPI, but I think you are in luck RE: biology.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • Vle045
(04-05-2021, 05:30 PM)freeloader Wrote: OP, you said you have a prior bachelor’s, right?  UMPI should wave/mark as completed all of your Gen Eds.  That’s their policy.  I have a prior BA in history and only had to meet the 30 hours at UMPI requirement and complete the required courses for the major/concentration.

Not sure if there is a requirement that the prior bachelor’s be RA , a certain GPA, or anything like that (if it might apply to you). Should probably double check on the particulars before you commit to UMPI, but I think you are in luck RE: biology.

Really?  Just like that?  No matching course for course?  And they consider that a bachelor’s?   I think that’s how many credits I did for a certificate.

(04-05-2021, 05:30 PM)freeloader Wrote: OP, you said you have a prior bachelor’s, right?  UMPI should wave/mark as completed all of your Gen Eds.  That’s their policy.  I have a prior BA in history and only had to meet the 30 hours at UMPI requirement and complete the required courses for the major/concentration.

Really?  Just like that?  No matching course for course?  And they consider that a bachelor’s?   I think that’s how many credits I did for a certificate.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 405 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 412 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 388 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
Question Degree Planning: Seeking a Bachelor's Degree from UMPI JayJohnson813 12 914 12-01-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Fastest online bachelor’s degree SmugKitten 6 1,491 10-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  63 credits. Please help me finish my bachelor's Confusedali 10 637 09-28-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Confusedali
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree MidtownNYC 2 441 09-04-2023, 10:56 AM
  I Want A Bachelor's Degree Which Path Is The Fastest For Me?? jrose963 15 1,600 08-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jrose963
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree? adaggiote 2 458 08-12-2023, 10:44 AM
  Need a Bachelor's degree for promotion. cj91 23 1,372 08-11-2023, 11:00 PM