Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Computer Science 310 and 307 TESU
These 2 courses are recommended for upper level credit by ACE.  The TESU/Study.com equivalency chart does not reflect this.  I've sent an email to TESU regarding these courses and how they should be evaluated as upper level credit.  I will let everyone know the response when I get one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • jsh1138
good luck.  I'm hoping to hear that things have improved at TESU over the last two years.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Just an FYI--I asked my TESU adviser about CS307 two months ago, and at the time, it had not been re-reviewed as UL. One month after, I followed up and they said it was still going to be considered LL, despite ACE's recommendation.
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
Also these don't count toward computer science AOS
Actually, Comp Science 307 Software Engineering should go into the AOS as LL just fine. The Comp Science 310 comes in as a CMP-299 course, which technically, should still come in as an LL for CS/CIS majors. However, the two Study.com UL cybersecurity courses no longer come into the comp science program...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Based on the ACE reviews/recommendations and TESU's outline of the CS degree both of these courses should work.
Software engineering especially which is blatantly stated in the CS degree AOS on TESU's website. It is also reviewed as upper level.

TESU decided to stop offering UL credit for courses that had LL ratings, which is fair. However, if you are going to make a standard of sticking to the ACE recommendation, that needs to be applied across the board.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

• harrypotter
(09-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Salamander Wrote: Also these don't count toward computer science AOS

Where have you heard this?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
From TESU student support:

“According to our contract with Study.com we cannot award upper level credit for courses until January 1st of 2020. I also have been informed that the schools usually establish the equivalencies for the courses based on the course itself. This may differ from the ACE recommendation. The Heavin School has been e-mailed on your behalf regarding the 2 courses listed within your previous e-mail to see if they will be changed to Upper Level Credit as of January 1st of 2020.”
(09-10-2019, 04:42 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: “According to our contract with Study.com we cannot award upper level credit for courses until January 1st of 2020”

I'm just getting started here and hoping to achieve a TESU BACS in relatively short order. Does this imply that I should wait until after new year to take the upper level study.com classes I will need, or just wait until after then to apply to TESU?
There are enough options to do it get all the class right now. It’s the main reason I was pushing this topic so hard with the school is just because options are power. When you have the ability to select 4 out of 8 rather than 4 out of 4, you can choose what interests you and get more out of it.
SDC recent added more CS courses so at this point there’s a lot of options.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

• mysonx3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,274 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,575 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 275 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue