Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com and Tentative Exam Score Grades?
I was wondering if the person who posts for Study.com can tell us why they don't do some form of Tentative Score Report. Something like after you hit the Submit Exam button it doesn't give you a tentative score contingent upon proctor reviewing. Its a multiple choice exam and the computer should be able to score it right away. This will help in the event that the person failed it outright mostly. If the person knows they failed they can start studying for the next one. Also if they "passed" they can really get involved in the next course.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:I was wondering if the person who posts for Study.com can tell us why they don't do some form of Tentative Score Report.

They say they are working on it - it really is annoying, isn't it? My son failed Principles of Finance by 1 point, but it took him 8 days to learn he'd failed it. He's so disgusted he doesn't even want to think about that website even though he has the 3 month scholarship. He's going to be sick with stress for a week after the re-take waiting on that score which should be instantly available. It really makes me appreciate Straighterline.
Synicaal Wrote:I was wondering if the person who posts for Study.com can tell us why they don't do some form of Tentative Score Report. Something like after you hit the Submit Exam button it doesn't give you a tentative score contingent upon proctor reviewing. Its a multiple choice exam and the computer should be able to score it right away. This will help in the event that the person failed it outright mostly. If the person knows they failed they can start studying for the next one. Also if they "passed" they can really get involved in the next course.

I totally agree with u!!
They need to realize the extent to which they are turning off paying customers - there is absolutely no way I'd ever pay $199 a month without the ability to get those exam scores immediately. This should be a priority for them.
It would definitely be great if they added a tentative score. Having done my first two years at a traditional cc, I guess I have more practice with being patient about grades though. It really doesn't bother me too much.
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
rowan555 Wrote:They say they are working on it - it really is annoying, isn't it? My son failed Principles of Finance by 1 point, but it took him 8 days to learn he'd failed it. He's so disgusted he doesn't even want to think about that website even though he has the 3 month scholarship. He's going to be sick with stress for a week after the re-take waiting on that score which should be instantly available. It really makes me appreciate Straighterline.

When you say he failed by 1 point what do you mean? Did he only get a 54% on the final?

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:When you say he failed by 1 point what do you mean? Did he only get a 54% on the final?

Yup. I think he was spoiled by how easy Straighterline has been. He has been sick, so he wasn't feeling good, and I told him to spend a few days studying and then do the final. Instead, he decided to just take it at 2 AM when he was half asleep. He realizes now how dumb that was. Oh well. What can ya do.
rowan555 Wrote:Yup. I think he was spoiled by how easy Straighterline has been. He has been sick, so he wasn't feeling good, and I told him to spend a few days studying and then do the final. Instead, he decided to just take it at 2 AM when he was half asleep. He realizes now how dumb that was. Oh well. What can ya do.

Oh that's a bummer. I just took my Personal Finance final but now have to sit through the long wait. I feel 100% that I got over a 55% so really all I have to worry about is if the proctoring was successful or not.

Hi,

This is Stacy from Study.com. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this long wait for your exam results; that was never our intention and we're doing our best to reduce that turnaround time.

Our team is currently working on a feature to accurately display a "soft" exam result immediately upon exam completion. This is a top priority and we expect it to be available in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please contact me at "support@study.com" with your email address and your exam and I will email you a preliminary score. The score will just be your raw exam score and will not be finalized until your exam video has been deemed clean.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the exam experience for all Study.com users.

Best,
Stacy Redd
Study.com Student Support
That is great news. I loved the format during my trial, but decided to go another route because of waiting on scores, starting another course and possibly having to redo the same exam again, wasting time, etc.

Thanks for listening to your user base, that is going to produce a winning company!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,365 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,487 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 334 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 324 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle